Custom anti vibration pad on fans

MauriceCS

Hey I'm replacing my stock s340 case fans with the fractal design r3 silence fans set to exhaust and wanted to make custom anti vibration pads

I think I got it but was wondering if I should put some rubber around the border aswell to help air flow and possible vibration from border or is this good enough???

IMG_20171011_140333.jpg

2 minutes ago, MauriceCS said:

I'd suggest foam. If you can't get a hold of foam you can use weatherstrips. These are larger and squeeze together better.

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

I'd suggest foam. If you can't get a hold of foam you can use weatherstrips. These are larger and squeeze together better.

No access to foam 

Using rubber weather strip with 1.5mm thickness 

seams good already on the corners

Just conflicted about doing the borders if it will be overkill

I mean I use stock fans and never had a need for these

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

I mean I use stock fans and never had a need for these

People like to customize. But I know where he's coming from, if you put your PC on a desk (the same height as ur ears and not on the ground) you will definitely hear the fans. I have rubber grommets on most of mine and they do help.'

edit: nothing will help as much as closing your case though haha

keep in mind vibrations can transfer through the screws into the case. id recommend the rubber screw anti vibration mounts

blackshades on

5 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

People like to customize. But I know where he's coming from, if you put your PC on a desk (the same height as ur ears and not on the ground) you will definitely hear the fans. I have rubber grommets on most of mine and they do help.

Cheers yeah I have it as a htpc/gaming PC

I was looking for rubber grommets at the hardware store but no luck finding size

And this was the cheapest option

I might eBay them

4 minutes ago, Reece Leu said:

keep in mind vibrations can transfer through the screws into the case. id recommend the rubber screw anti vibration mounts

Thought of this but wanted something now and mounts/gaskets+screws+delivery costs $35 and up compared to $6 total

Installed them works like a charm the rubber did its job 

unfortunatelythe 140mm fractal r3 silence I got was faulty shutdown motherboard, smell from motor and electrical chirp 

got it refunded but still kept the 120mm