Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, I live in the country side and our internet sucks... but, the fiber will be arriving in december and I want to get back into gaming. All I want to do is play games and not have to upgrade for as long as possible. I was wondering if I should wait for vega from nvidia or should I get a 1060 6gb...  I don't know wich one would be better : i5-8600k or i3-8350k. here is my pc part picker list : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DLhBXH thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brebis123 said:

hi, I live in the country side and our internet sucks... but, the fiber will be arriving in december and I want to get back into gaming. All I want to do is play games and not have to upgrade for as long as possible. I was wondering if I should wait for vega from nvidia or should I get a 1060 6gb...  I don't know wich one would be better : i5-8600k or i3-8350k. here is my pc part picker list : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DLhBXH thanks.

you mean volta? i3 is like the old i5 7600k but you will be better off with ryzen 5 1600 or i5 8600k

subscribe to pewdiepie

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah volta hahaha reading it back I knew something was off but I couldn't see it hahaha so you'r sayin I'd be better off with an i5? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merp83 said:

you mean volta? i3 is like the old i5 7600k but you will be better off with ryzen 5 1600 or i5 8600k

 

i would not recommend a ryen processor for gaming. only heavy work loads where you need to save some cash. go for an i5 8600k

blackshades on

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reece Leu said:

 

i would not recommend a ryen processor for gaming. only heavy work loads where you need to save some cash. go for an i5 8600k

How so, proof?

subscribe to pewdiepie

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Reece Leu said:

 

i would not recommend a ryen processor for gaming. only heavy work loads where you need to save some cash. go for an i5 8600k

Whale, the i5 8600k is better for gaming, but that doesn't mean a Ryzen CPU isn't recommended for it. TBH, if you want a low cost CPU that has good gaming performance, I recommend Ryzen.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

 

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

 

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

Link to post
Share on other sites

with a 1060 you won't see ultra high refresh rates anyway so a ryzen 1600 would work, at least then when you need to upgrade the cpu you could do it without replacing the whole mobo... either way when you feel you need an upgrade will be up to you, maybe 4 years, maybe more, with amd putting a fire under intels ass it's hard to tell

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600 3.7GHz@1.0125v(0.975v get) | Noctua Nh l9x65 am4 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000 cl15@3733 cl16|Zotac 2060 amp 1965mhz@900mv | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG | Silverstone ML08

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Merp83 said:

How so, proof?

 

look at any benchmarks. i would have recommended it a while ago, but since the new launch the intel processors really push it even at a budget level. i love amd but the amount of fps gained for a similarly priced intel cpu for just gaming is a large amount

blackshades on

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Reece Leu said:

 

look at any benchmarks. i would have recommended it a while ago, but since the new launch the intel processors really push it even at a budget level. i love amd but the amount of fps gained for a similarly priced intel cpu for just gaming is a large amount

No like show proof - this seems false

subscribe to pewdiepie

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Reece Leu said:

 

look at any benchmarks. i would have recommended it a while ago, but since the new launch the intel processors really push it even at a budget level. i love amd but the amount of fps gained for a similarly priced intel cpu for just gaming is a large amount

In a lawsuit - even though it is far fetched - you dont state something and then tell the judge to find evidence or the opposing lawyer..

subscribe to pewdiepie

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Merp83 said:

In a lawsuit - even though it is far fetched - you dont state something and then tell the judge to find evidence or the opposing lawyer..

 

sorry but this is a forum.

 

https://goo.gl/ku8yfA

blackshades on

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 1:05 PM, brebis123 said:

hi, I live in the country side and our internet sucks... but, the fiber will be arriving in december and I want to get back into gaming. All I want to do is play games and not have to upgrade for as long as possible. I was wondering if I should wait for vega from nvidia or should I get a 1060 6gb...  I don't know wich one would be better : i5-8600k or i3-8350k. here is my pc part picker list : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DLhBXH thanks.

The i3 is a better value, at least on usetbenchmark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Reece Leu said:

 

sorry but this is a forum.

 

https://goo.gl/ku8yfA

Cheeky bastard, yet I still see no huge differences - care to show an exact benchmark?

subscribe to pewdiepie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×