Xbox head Phil Spencer explains the company’s plan for the Xbox One X

Allycat
14 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

he sees play on PC as a healthy thing but all the Xbox tiles on PCs have issues. 

But at least its better than the game not existing on PC at all :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

<snip>

I meant for Microsoft in a business sense working/focusing on Hololens instead of VR is the better move.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

I meant for Microsoft in a business sense working/focusing on Hololens instead of VR is the better move.

781.png

14 minutes ago, thunar said:

MS  or phil spencer?

Well, phil spencer I guess no homo

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Their new outlook on xbox actually makes me want one. I love the whole W10/XB cross-ownership thing they have going where buying it on one platform means you own it on both. It makes me want to get an xbox one x for the living room for couch lounging gaming and can switch at any time to my PC for more serious stuff, even for the same game.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:18 PM, hoboX10 said:

Their new outlook on xbox actually makes me want one. I love the whole W10/XB cross-ownership thing they have going where buying it on one platform means you own it on both. It makes me want to get an xbox one x for the living room for couch lounging gaming and can switch at any time to my PC for more serious stuff, even for the same game.

I bought an XBOX One S about 3-4 months ago (For a Blu-Ray player, streaming services like Netflix and Plex, and for future 4K compatibility when I eventually upgrade my TV) and I've purchased quite a few games so far - all digital.

I got an XBOX Live Gold membership at CostCo, since you save a decent amount compared to just buying one. And since then, I've gotten 2 free games per month (Honestly most suck but now and then you get some good ones like Watch Dogs and Forza 5). These games are mine forever as long as I have XBL Gold (And if I cancel and resub later, I get the games back).

XBL Gold also gives pretty good discounts.

Sure, Steam Sales are still generally better (or the discount on Steam is sooner), but some games are quite well suited for couch + controller play.

Having cross-play ability with Windows 10 is just a bonus.

I plan on trading in (or privately selling) my XBOX One S for an XBOX One X after release.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)