Futuremark announces new Time Spy Extreme Benchmark

AlTech

Futuremark has announced their new DX12 benchmark test "Time Spy Extreme" which is Time Spy optimized for more CPU cores (can use over 8 allegedly) and run in 4K.

I double checked before posting this to see if anybody else covered this on LTT Forums but apparently not.

The new benchmark will be available for free for those who purchased 3DMark after July 2016. Those who purchased 3DMark prior to July 2016 and purchased the Time Spy Upgrade will get this new benchmark for free as well.

Users who own 3DMark Advanced (The Steam version) and purchased it prior to July 2016 but have not paid for the Time Spy Upgrade will need to do so if they wish to use this benchmark.

3dmark_time_spy_extreme_demo_575px.jpg

This week, Futuremark unveiled Time Spy Extreme, a 4K version of the DX12 gaming benchmark released last July. Slotting into the 3DMark suite, Time Spy Extreme is available under the Advanced and Professional Editions on Windows, focusing on DX12 functionality on contemporary high-end graphics cards as well as high-core count processors. The original Time Spy was already more intensive than Fire Strike Ultra, and Time Spy Extreme brings that graphical punishment to 4K.

Where the original Time Spy scaled poorly on 10+ threads, Time Spy Extreme’s CPU test was redesigned for CPUs with 8 or more cores, and is additionally able to utilize AVX2 and AVX512 instruction sets. While the benchmark does not require a 4K monitor, the typical video memory demands are still present: Time Spy Extreme has VRAM minimum of 4GB, a step up from Fire Strike Ultra’s 3GB.

Time Spy Extreme will be available to the public next Wednesday (10/11/17). It will be a free update for 3DMark Advanced and Professional Edition licenses purchased after July 14, 2016, as well as for anyone with older copies of 3DMark who have already purchased the Time Spy upgrade. For copies purchased before then, Time Spy Extreme will come with the purchase of the Time Spy upgrade.

So yeah, another 3DMark benchmark and now everybody's regular Time Spy scores are boring and useless xD.

By the way, if your GPU doesn't do well in Time Spy then it's not your fault.... It's just a ridiculously pointlessly demanding software.

91692.png

91694.png

Source:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11895/a-first-look-at-futuremarks-time-spy-extreme-dx12-benchmark-in-4k

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

meh, im sticking with not paying for my benchmarks lol. firestrike and timespy are good as they are, i dont need another opertunity for @Mr.Meerkat to potentially beat me lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

meh, im sticking with not paying for my benchmarks lol

Why's that?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Why's that?

while id love to support the creators i have better things to spend my money on. im not hardcore enough to go for an HWBot water records so i wont bother. if i can get it free(legaly) il get it free. the free benchmarks you get in the 3DMark demo are enough for me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Well I really don't see the point of graphics benchmarks as they often don't accurately portray game use scenario so they are useless to me other than for stress testing and though this would make a nice stress test there are already free options available.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

if this is a benchmark that means it is supposed to be as unbiased as possible.

how is this biased?

In the first test, VEGA is destroying the 1080 and 1070 and the Fury X is on par with the 1070.

54 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

meh, im sticking with not paying for my benchmarks lol. firestrike and timespy are good as they are, i dont need another opertunity for @Mr.Meerkat to potentially beat me lol

Here's the funny thing, I do have the steam edition of 3DMark so I could actually run it if I wanted to :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Here's the funny thing, I do have the steam edition of 3DMark so I could actually run it if I wanted to :P 

you cant win if i dont compete tho

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

you cant win if i dont compete tho

But...but...I can just say I win by default or you forfeited :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

Well I really don't see the point of graphics benchmarks as they often don't accurately portray game use scenario so they are useless to me other than for stress testing and though this would make a nice stress test there are already free options available.

But they do accurately portray game use scenarios.....For Civ VI....and AOTS

-------

Current Rig

-------

Could be interesting to see how older cards handle these benchmarks since DX12 has matured noticable now. In the early days it seemed Nvidia would loose performance in every DX12 application.

I would run this on my reference R9 290 however I seem to have misplaced my eardefenders...

I see it’s able to utilize AVX2 and AVX512. Will definitely give Intel CPU’s a clear advantage.

@done12many2 @TahoeDust

Just a a heads up since I know you guys love benchmarking too.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

34 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

AVX512. Will definitely give Intel CPU’s a clear advantage.

Isn't AVX512 only supported on Xeon and i9 processors?

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

But they do accurately portray game use scenarios.....For Civ VI....and AOTS

ashes of the benchmark lol

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, VagabondWraith said:

I see it’s able to utilize AVX2 and AVX512. Will definitely give Intel CPU’s a clear advantage.

@done12many2 @TahoeDust

Just a a heads up since I know you guys love benchmarking too.

That's some pretty neat stuff.  I can tell you that with my limited experience with AVX512 so far, it can be pretty intense!  Both in heat and completing work. 

Thanks man.

36 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

And suddenly everyone with an Intel CPU finds they need LN2 cooling to run TimeSpy Extreme.

It'll only impact those follks that actually thought AIDA64 and Cinebench was a stress test.  xD

Cool though. DX12 and higher multicore support. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

That's some pretty neat stuff.  I can tell you that with my limited experience with AVX512 so far, it can be pretty intense!  Both in heat and completing work. 

Thanks man.

It'll only impact those follks that actually thought AIDA64 and Cinebench was a stress test.  xD

*looks at how i use Cinnebench runs to see if an OC is ok or not*

yah... suuure... ehhh...

Builds:

Spoiler