Find results in...

Fan blades Styles

There are fan blades that are flat

blade at a bigger attack angle

wavy blades

blades with bumps

fans with more blades

and other styles I cant recall....

What are their functionality and names??

5 minutes ago, pomkon said:

wavy blades

blades with bumps

fans with more blades

Flat blade

Attack blade

Surf Blade

Off-Road Blade

MOAR Blade

Amnesia Blade

The shape of the blade is determined by the manufacturer based on use case and what they determine to be the most efficient. Often thicker, lower  blades are used for static pressure and thinner and higher count blades are used for airflow. Beyond that, it's up to the manufacturer.

Image result for static pressure vs airflow

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Static Pressure fans are good at pushing air through radiators with a lot of friction and air flow fans aren't as good at that and move lower volumes meaning they need to run at a higher RPM than static pressure fans if they are on a radiator or heatsink.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.6Ghz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Mother Board: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 

RAM: 2x8gb DDR3 Hyper x Fury 1600mhz Red

Storage: 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD,  WD Blue 2TB 5400RPM

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 SLI

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

PC Part Picker Link: On my profile

Laptop Specs:

Alienware 13 R3

CPU: Intel i5 6300HQ @2.3GHZ

RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 2400MHZ

Storage: Intel 180GB SATA M.2 6GB/s SSD, Crucial mx300 1050GB SATA M.2 6GB/s SSD

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060

Screen: 13.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IP S Anti-Glare 300-nits Display

Like everyone said, the main two types of fans used in computers are 

fans optimized for airflow (which move a lot of air, the ones you put on case above the backplate with connectors, or in front of the hard drives) and

fans optimized for static pressure (which may not move a lot of air but can push that amount of air better through tight places that restrict airflow otherwise, like between fins of heatsinks). These are better suited for cpu coolers, for moving air through radiators used on water cooling.

Then you get variations in the blade designs which result in compromises between amount of air moved, air pressure and noise.

Some striations and "wings" and bumps "golf ball prints" on the blades can influence the air currents around the fan and reduce the noise the fan makes, or at least decrease the noise at some frequencies which are more bothersome to human ears.  They're "shaping" the noise the fans make.

Some blade designs can be very noisy and average in performance at high rpm, but may push more air at low rpm compared to other fan designs, so such fans may be used where for long periods of time the product may not run at 100% (for example in power supplies) , and being more silent at lower rpm is beneficial.

3 hours ago, pomkon said:

wavy blades

blades with bumps

fans with more blades

What are their functionality and names??

Before others on the forum get you into the notion one is better than the other, the real thing you want to look for is balance.

Noctua already ditched the idea of statis VS airflow fans for their new lineup because the whole thing was started by corsair as a marketing scheme.

We usually just vaguely describe whether the blades are thin or wide. How big of a difference certain design choices make is debatable.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, mariushm said:

Like everyone said, the main two types of fans used in computers are 

1710012341f599f7d2c0d85229.jpg

can you help me to identifyy these coolermaster 12cm  LED 1200rpm 3pin 

Is it sickleflow?

1 hour ago, pomkon said:

Is it sickleflow?

Yes, those are Sickleflows and they aren't very good fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Flat blade

Attack blade

Surf Blade

Off-Road Blade

MOAR Blade

Amnesia Blade

The shape of the blade is determined by the manufacturer based on use case and what they determine to be the most efficient. Often thicker, lower  blades are used for static pressure and thinner and higher count blades are used for airflow. Beyond that, it's up to the manufacturer.

Ya know, I'm not really sure that's the technical term for some of them... xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, those are Sickleflows and they aren't very good fans.

ok. i will just the cheapest rgb fans. 

If my motherboard has enough fan headers, there is no need for a fan controller unless it can be remotely controlled?

Can you make a diy remote control, through the motherboard or a fan controller?

52 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Ya know, I'm not really sure that's the technical term for some of them... xD

No thats definitely the textbook definition 

kappa.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

No thats definitely the textbook definition 

kappa.png

Welp. You win a fan joke. 

Why did the stadium get so hot? 

Cause all the fans left. 

*Il show myself out....*

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

12 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Welp. You win a fan joke. 

Why did the stadium get so hot? 

Cause all the fans left. 

Generally when a person wins, they're supposed to win something good :P 

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Generally when a person wins, they're supposed to win something good :P 

Too bad. You don't deserve it :P

19 hours ago, pomkon said:

ok. i will just the cheapest rgb fans. 

If my motherboard has enough fan headers, there is no need for a fan controller unless it can be remotely controlled?

Can you make a diy remote control, through the motherboard or a fan controller?

Fan controllers are useful if you can't control your fans from your motherboard. What kind of fan options there are depend on the motherboard and the fan.