Weird lag when moving mouse at 1000Hz Polling rate

Mailbox

Hey, guys, 

I've been having a bit of an issue recently, and it's kinda hard to explain. I have a Logitech G502 mouse that I use at 12000DPI and 1000hz polling rate, as of lately it's been doing this thing that my FPS just drops super low whenever I'm moving my mouse, It doesn't happen as badly with a lower polling rate, but using lower polling rates just doesn't feel that great to me. I recorded a video to try and showcase the issue, I don't know if it will show that great though. It's completely random too, Halfway through the video, it stopped happening and things weren't as bad, There was still a few FPS drops from moving the mouse here and there but nothing too bad. You should see it best with the osu! gameplay, At 1000hz polling rate my FPS is really unstable and drops all the time, Yet at 125 I don't have any drops and my FPS stays over 3000 for the most part. (Yes even with an FPS Cap it would still drop, I have it uncapped for a lower amount of input lag which feels better for osu! imo) I'll link the video as soon as it finishes uploading, If you guys want any more info I'll do my best to supply it to you. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Mailbox
Fixing my broken English

Here's a link to the video, It's still uploading and processing but it should be done in about 15 min.  

Fuck, It's also midnight here, So I need to get some shuteye before morning, I'll reply to everyone asap when I wake up though!

Video is 98% uploaded now! Will be done soon, Thanks guys!

just use it at 500Hz

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

just use it at 500Hz

I tried doing that, Still has the same issue, Just not as bad. Plus I couldn't get used to the feel.

Have you tried restarting?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Just now, sazrocks said:

Have you tried restarting?

Yes sir, I've tried to reboot, sometimes it fixes it for a little bit, I just have the issue from boot up. I've even gone as far as to reinstall the OS

3 minutes ago, Mailbox said:

I tried doing that, Still has the same issue, Just not as bad. Plus I couldn't get used to the feel.

The feel... of it updating 500 times per second...?  Hm, I think if you can feel a difference between that and 1000 something very strange is going on.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Mailbox said:

Yes sir, I've tried to reboot, sometimes it fixes it for a little bit, I just have the issue from boot up. I've even gone as far as to reinstall the OS

Interesting. Are your graphics drivers up to date? Reason I'm asking is because i've had what i think is your issue and its always graphics driver related.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

The feel... of it updating 500 times per second...?  Hm, I think if you can feel a difference between that and 1000 something very strange is going on.

I don't know, I thought it was because I'm so used to playing at ultrahigh DPI's and such. It just doesn't feel as responsive, Just enough to throw me off, Know what I mean?

1 minute ago, Mailbox said:

I don't know, I thought it was because I'm so used to playing at ultrahigh DPI's and such. It just doesn't feel as responsive, Just enough to throw me off, Know what I mean?

Well, in theory there should only be a 1 ms difference, so either you are some kind of superhuman, or the theory is not right, and something is causing the difference to be significantly greater.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Interesting. Are your graphics drivers up to date? Reason I'm asking is because i've had what i think is your issue and its always graphics driver related.

Currently using Driver Version 385.41, Downloading 385.69 right now. I'll update you right after they install.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, in theory there should only be a 1 ms difference, so either you are some kind of superhuman, or the theory is not right, and something is causing the difference to be significantly greater.

I don't know honestly, It's so hard to explain to, I've done research on this as well and haven't found much on this issue. At least nothing too useful 

Video just finished uploading! Got drivers 385.69 installed, sadly no change in performance what so ever.