Black Friday Deals 2017 Thoughts!

Hi guy! Need advice on the upcoming Black Friday deals.

I am in the verge of building my first PC with the anticipated Coffee lake processor. Is it a good idea to wait for Black Friday deals or buy components one by one? What components are worth waiting and will have good deals for Black Friday as per the past trend. Thank you! 

Some components which will be a part of my build(Advice welcomed), 

CPU - Coffee Lake 

GPU - Nvidia 1080ti/1080/1070 or equivalent AMD Vega. 

Monitor - 25”/27”/ 1080P Curved or 1440P

26 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

CPU - Coffee Lake 

Won't be released until next year unless there's been a major announcement within the last 2 weeks that I've missed. So no matter what you won't be building that computer until next year even if you buy your components NOW or during Black Friday.

usually the only pc black friday deals are PSUs, Storage, Cases, low end Monitors, sometimes GPUs and some Motherboards. but the last two are on sale quite often anyways. Also I would wait til GPU prices normalize.

I monitored the last two Black Friday and Cyber Mondays. I was very disappointed no real amazing sales or deals. There are better random sales throughout the year. Only way to get a good back friday sale is to go into a brick and mortar store. They're the ones who give the real good deals. Like Micro-center for example.

38 minutes ago, Brama said:

I monitored the last two Black Friday and Cyber Mondays. I was very disappointed no real amazing sales or deals. There are better random sales throughout the year. Only way to get a good back friday sale is to go into a brick and mortar store. They're the ones who give the real good deals. Like Micro-center for example.

black friday is just stores clearing old stock before christmas, just like boxing day & new years sales are about clearing xmasy crap. The good stuff will be a needle and all the crap no one has been buying is the hay stack. 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, phongle123 said:

Won't be released until next year unless there's been a major announcement within the last 2 weeks that I've missed. So no matter what you won't be building that computer until next year even if you buy your components NOW or during Black Friday.

coffee lake is coming in 5 days (Oct 5th)

7 hours ago, phongle123 said:

There has been a major announcement you've missed xD 

Intel officially announced all the covfefe lake info a few days ago.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Thank you Guys! Even I did notice Black Friday deals are becoming more of a gimmick rather than genuine offers. But have no idea on the PC market trends as I just started on with the PC build. So getting adivce on experience members helps. 

And yes, Intel Coffee laky is going to be released on Oct 5th as per online news. If it does not release this year I would probably go with AMD Ryzen/ Intel Core X-Series. But wait it on the intel website,

https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/intel-unveils-8th-gen-intel-core-processor-family-desktop/

:) 

21 hours ago, phongle123 said:

October 5th is the release date. This is the Linus Tech Tips forum, the chances that you would not have seen that are so astronomically high its causing my mind to reel with the implications. lol

21 hours ago, Adreyu said:

October 5th is the release date. This is the Linus Tech Tips forum, the chances that you would not have seen that are so astronomically high its causing my mind to reel with the implications. lol

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm happy I'm wrong. More competition!

There's been some ridiculously good motherboard, GPU, SSD, etc deals on the last couple of black Fridays. The only issue is that you might be looking at say a certain £160 mobo that doesn't go on sale, but a £160/170 mobo from another manufacturer could be selling for £120 so youd have to settle for some alternatives or higher prices. 

Also, no, it is absolutely not a good idea to buy components one by one. Get everything within a week or so.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

1 hour ago, phongle123 said:

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm happy I'm wrong. More competition!

Heck ya!