Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Response from Synergy about Synergy 2 Upgrade

I contacted Synergy yesterday since I only purchased it the day before finding out "Synergy 2" was a thing.

My inquiry:

I just purchased this and now I'm finding out that Synergy 2 is coming out and I will have to pay again. Is that true or are you going to upgrade people who purchased within a certain time frame?

[Sent screenshot of beta access special offer from @xxxHellcatsxxx's thread]

Synergy Response:

Thanks for writing in.

The offer is actually only for the early access for the beta. All Synergy 1 users will eventually have access to the full version a few days after this is released later this year. If you don't want to pay, then you just have to wait.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Joe

-- 
Joe Abasolo
Consumer Support Agent
Synergy Team 
Symless

Though a bit snarky, it seems to imply that they were only charging for beta access and that users of Synergy 1 will get free access to Synergy 2.

Don't know where he got that I was demanding access now, and not just looking for clarification, but yeah. Hopefully this is true.

21 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Though a bit snarky, it seems to imply that they were only charging for beta access and that users of Synergy 1 will get free access to Synergy 2.

Don't know where he got that I was demanding access now, and not just looking for clarification, but yeah. Hopefully this is true.

I also cannot see what there is a need to change about sharing one keyboard and mouse. I personally think it was a cash grab update.

HS senior, Bagger Boi at local Kroger, semi professional Viber, & leader of your local veggie cult

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I also cannot see what there is a need to change about sharing one keyboard and mouse. I personally think it was a cash grab update.

I don't think it was for malicious reasons. It was not a sustainable business model the way it was.

Though when something like that happens, you must grandfather or compensate your early supporters or face backlash.

It seems like they ARE grandfathering us for this release. Though I would say the way they've gone behind the scenes to do so rather than a transparent business model transition is the thorn in everyone's side.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

I don't think it was for malicious reasons. It was not a sustainable business model the way it was.

Though when something like that happens, you must grandfather or compensate your early supporters or face backlash.

As some one how doesn't use synergy what about Synergy 2 is different then Synergy 1 anyway? 

HS senior, Bagger Boi at local Kroger, semi professional Viber, & leader of your local veggie cult

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 6:47 PM, Legendarypoet said:

Well this was a lie.... GG Synergy.

What's a lie?

5 minutes ago, she-bert said:

What's a lie?

Actually, I need to retract that. After the owner came on here and committed to helping/listening to the community, I opened another ticket and Synergy 2 was added to my account.

I just had to email them as well; I was not seeing any kind of upgrade to Synergy 2 on my behalf.

Some of you may have even received a promotional email this Valentine's Day, indicating that if you have Synergy 1, you will be automatically upgraded to Synergy 2 Pro:

If you have already purchased Synergy 1 or Synergy 2 Basic, your account will be upgraded to Synergy 2 Pro.

Maybe it takes time, or maybe one head isn't talking to another over there at Symless, but I have nonetheless reached out to them in a support request. I'm gonna guess it just requires some patience, really, or my account is so old (I don't even have purchase history in my account for this), it just got missed.

Edit: A reply, but not quite consistent with some people getting upgrades (unless if they are just newer accounts/purchases, which I can understand):

Sorry for the confusion. What we mean is that your account will be upgraded to Synergy 2 Pro when you purchase this offer.

Well, that's mildly annoying - lifetime really does mean something else to these guys. They really should have just renamed Synergy 2 outright to another product line if they didn't want to honor upgrades, IMO.

Edited by Kachunkachunk
A response from Symless
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 2:29 PM, Legendarypoet said:

If you don't want to pay, then you just have to wait.

Yikes! Sorry about the wording on that! We've since given Joe some more training on how to respond better (he should have given you a free upgrade). Anyone who has lifetime access and hasn't got their free Synergy 2 upgrade yet, please let us know. https://symless.com/contact

Haha, wow. I should have waited, I guess? I ended up re-purchasing some time afterwards when I found a discount.

Maybe I can get a second license? I dunno.

On 3/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, Kachunkachunk said:

Haha, wow. I should have waited, I guess? I ended up re-purchasing some time afterwards when I found a discount.

Maybe I can get a second license? I dunno.

Sure, send us a message: https://symless.com/contact