Will it Work for Streaming?

Hi, I am Planning to make a Gaming PC through which I can Stream on Twitch. I think of Getting Ryzen 5 1400, 8 GB Ram and GTX 1050TI 4 GB Graphics. I just want to ask is it Sufficient for Streaming.

13 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

Hi, I am Planning to make a Gaming PC through which I can Stream on Twitch. I think of Getting Ryzen 5 1400, 8 GB Ram and GTX 1050TI 4 GB Graphics. I just want to ask is it Sufficient for Streaming.

nope unless maybe the only thing you stream is league

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

6 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

nope unless maybe the only thing you stream is league

So will Switching to 1600 help?

Just now, ImperialSteele said:

Depends on what games, maybe for League, and Hearthstone, but probably not anything more intense than CS:GO.

Will Switching to Ryzen 5 1600 help to Stream PUBG?

4 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

Will Switching to Ryzen 5 1600 help to Stream PUBG?

I think upgrading the gpu would yield better results.

27 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

Spend less on the GPU for like an RX 560 OC'd and try to get at least an R5 1600

Either way you can stream through your GPU, but it's limited unless you just want gameplay.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Spend less on the GPU for like an RX 560 OC'd and try to get at least an R5 1600

Either way you can stream through your GPU, but it's limited unless you just want gameplay.

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

You want cores, 1400 would be good for very light games

No but I wanna Stream games like PUBG, CS:GO, etc...

A lot of bad advice in this thread.

What you want is NOT to spend a bunch of money on your processor if you want to stream on the cheap.

What you want to focus on is getting a decent processor and a good GPU from Nvidia. Why Nvidia? Because NVENC is supported in OBS. What that means is that you can stream with close to 0 performance impact. As long as you use NVENC, all you really need to worry about is making your computer good enough to actually run the game you want to stream.

37 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

i think ryzen 5 1600x and gtx 1060,16 gigabytes ram is much better on streaming ,but i don`t know Under what picture for you streamig on twich?

13 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You still would want a better CPU for OBS i'd imagine, and a better CPU will last longer than a better GPU for lower budget builds.

Also this one random forum post mentions that it's bad for streaming, might be good for recording through OBS.
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/nvenc-best-quality-settings-for-streaming-on-twitch.60092/

While you can tweak different parameters, no matter what you do NVENC is horrible at streaming bitrates. Most parameters that would cause any visual differences are actually just trade-offs (i.e. in still scenes some settings are better, in scenes with small to medium motion other settings are better, and in scenes with lots of motion yet a different set of settings are useful).

I can only recommend to NOT stream with NVENC, but if you choose to do so anyway, it will ultimately look bad no matter what settings you try to tweak.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

You still would want a better CPU for OBS i'd imagine, and a better CPU will last longer than a better GPU for lower budget builds.

Also this one random forum post mentions that it's bad for streaming, might be good for recording through OBS.
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/nvenc-best-quality-settings-for-streaming-on-twitch.60092/

While you can tweak different parameters, no matter what you do NVENC is horrible at streaming bitrates. Most parameters that would cause any visual differences are actually just trade-offs (i.e. in still scenes some settings are better, in scenes with small to medium motion other settings are better, and in scenes with lots of motion yet a different set of settings are useful).

I can only recommend to NOT stream with NVENC, but if you choose to do so anyway, it will ultimately look bad no matter what settings you try to tweak.

That same person will most likely say that x264 veryfast is horrible too.

NVENC and x264 veryfast are on-par in terms of quality. So in order to get anything better than NVENC would be to use a more CPU intense preset on x264, and now we're all of a sudden talking about needing something like a Ryzen 1700 which most certainly is not within OP's budget.

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

A lot of bad advice in this thread.

What you want is NOT to spend a bunch of money on your processor if you want to stream on the cheap.

What you want to focus on is getting a decent processor and a good GPU from Nvidia. Why Nvidia? Because NVENC is supported in OBS. What that means is that you can stream with close to 0 performance impact. As long as you use NVENC, all you really need to worry about is making your computer good enough to actually run the game you want to stream.

Also forget how terrible the visual quality of gpu encoding is. Huge turn off watching pixalation

I tend to agree with @LAwLz here.

I stream with CPU exclusively on my build, but leveraging the GPU in a more budget friendly build is important here.

Socket AM4 is a solid choice here, since you then have the opportunity to upgrade to Ryzen 7 if you decide you need more CPU to get the results you want.

I would be wary of RAM, as OBS easily consumes a couple of GB of RAM for my workloads, but offloading to the GPU should remedy that I would imagine.

I sadly do not have a Geforce card to test against here to tell you my results, but I will tell you that I haven't had a great time using Re-Live or offloading from OBS to my Radeon GPU either. CPU always yields the best results.

However, you are just getting into this, and I will say that using the very fast x264 preset in OBS only hits my CPU for 5-10% depending on what settings I throw at it for streaming.

So figure 10% of my 16T would be 1.6T which means I am only hammering 2 cores at any given time by OBS.

Ryzen 5 should be able to compensate for that on top of your gaming as well, if you are to test with those settings.

I assume this is for a hobby, so I think as long as you go the Ryzen 5 and GTX 1050TI route, you'll make it out okay.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

46 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Also forget how terrible the visual quality of gpu encoding is. Huge turn off watching pixalation

You have to remember that OP has a budget.

Software encoding will not look better than hardware encoding at the settings a processor like the 1400 can handle.

OP, here is an example of what streaming with NVENC will look like, quality wise.

The original video looks slightly better mind you (since YouTube adds extra compression) and please remember to put the quality to 720p.

(Original video, without the YouTube compression can be found here)

The quality isn't that great but I'd say it's more than fine. By no means "horrible", and you won't get any significant quality increase from encoding on the CPU unless you go for a more expensive CPU.

34 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You have to remember that OP has a budget.

Software encoding will not look better than hardware encoding at the settings a processor like the 1400 can handle.

OP, here is an example of what streaming with NVENC will look like, quality wise.

The original video looks slightly better mind you (since YouTube adds extra compression) and please remember to put the quality to 720p.

(Original video, without the YouTube compression can be found here)

The quality isn't that great but I'd say it's more than fine. By no means "horrible", and you won't get any significant quality increase from encoding on the CPU unless you go for a more expensive CPU.

It is also worth mentioning that Twitch caps you at 2500kb/s unless you are "important" (lol).

I don't think that quality is bad.

It is worth mentioning that I do 1080P60 with my settings, so 720P60 should be more than suitable for his setup regardless if he does CPU or GPU.

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 minute ago, Jon Jon said:

It is also worth mentioning that Twitch caps you at 2500kb/s unless you are "important" (lol).

I don't think that quality is bad.

It is worth mentioning that I do 1080P60 with my settings, so 720P60 should be more than suitable for his setup regardless if he does CPU or GPU.

Not true, upload cap is 6000kb/s for everyone.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

Not true, upload cap is 6000kb/s for everyone.

This must have changed then.

I will be bumping my bitrate up for sure :)

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro