Mechanical Keyboard and Headphone

DriZyo
Go to solution Solved by xGGAx,

The short answer is yes, they are good.  Long answer , it depends.

I have the k70 with cherry mx speed and the hyperX cloud II. First of all, the cherry switches are very sensitive, it takes a while to get used to, but for gaming and typing they are pretty good (try different switches if you can or buy one of these). As for the headset, it is very comfortable, has decent audio and mic. However, it lacks some "punch" even with the base turned up. Unless you are an audiophile, I would suggest sticking to regular gaming headsets.

In my list now is Corsair K70 Red Switches Mechanical Keyboard and HyperX Cloud II. I play fps game and adventure game. Is this good for connecting with people and compatible typing? I need your suggestion if have other brand.

I would recommend trying the switches before you buy. I bought a mech keyboard a couple of days ago. Went into the shop fairly sold on getting strafe with Cherry reds, but couldn't stand them IRL. Ended up getting a logitech g610 with cherry browns.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

I second try them first thing. Possibly with multiple different switched in row to compare. My selection was between Cherry brown and black mainly, some thoughts on reds too. I went for brown after testing multiple times with switch kit, shop samples and lastly close to normal writing angle at tech convention. Noise wasn't that pleasent coming from membrane. But some rubber o-rings and I'm 2 years in with this Ducky Shine 3 TKL.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, DriZyo said:

Is this good for connecting with people and compatible typing?

I am fairly curious what you mean with that sentence. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

16 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I am fairly curious what you mean with that sentence. 

What the problem? i asking the hyperX is good mic or not and for keyboard it quiet or not? if you cant answer why you in here?

20 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

What the problem? i asking the hyperX is good mic or not and for keyboard it quiet or not? if you cant answer why you in here?

There is no problem here.

I literally meant what I typed. I'm not sure what you meant with that specific sentence since it's oddly worded. Asking for clarification. 

4 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Its decent for a gaming headset but if u want a good microphone quality the sennheiser pc 373D is the way to go or u can buy separate modmic 4 but it will cost around $60-70 for the microphone alone.

There is no quite mechanical keyboard even those Mx silent arent actually quite.

Red is linear keys,brown are tactile non clicky both of em is pretty similar in terms of quietness.

Blue is the loudest its tactile and clicky switch.

But u can add rubber O Ring to make it more quieter.

as for the typing experience RED are sucks for typing imo

$200 for a crappy headset? 

4 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

There is no quite mechanical keyboard even those Mx silent arent actually quite.

You sure?

I went from Cherry Reds which are technically silent if you don't bottom out but I was never able to get used to them and always bottomed out my keys. Recently I switched to Romer-G switches on a Logitech G-Pro and they are a lot quieter only because they have a bump in the keys actuation point so it's very easy to type on without bottoming out the keys. If you don't want Romer-G switches the Cherry Browns give a very similar experience to the Romer-G's.

Food for thought.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

I have the k70 with cherry mx speed and the hyperX cloud II. First of all, the cherry switches are very sensitive, it takes a while to get used to, but for gaming and typing they are pretty good (try different switches if you can or buy one of these). As for the headset, it is very comfortable, has decent audio and mic. However, it lacks some "punch" even with the base turned up. Unless you are an audiophile, I would suggest sticking to regular gaming headsets.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

9 hours ago, xGGAx said:

Btw right now, im using Razer Chroma 7.1 v1 and it very good with drop bass for music like DJ setup. Futhermore, it also good with playing Csgo it can hear obviously the step by enemy but now my both earcup were broken. Too lazy for searching it.. HyperX Cloud II have nice mic? i know it can re-open the mic? it is true? what your oponion else for mechinal keyboard than k70??

13 hours ago, DriZyo said:

Btw right now, im using Razer Chroma 7.1 v1 and it very good with drop bass for music like DJ setup. Futhermore, it also good with playing Csgo it can hear obviously the step by enemy but now my both earcup were broken. Too lazy for searching it.. HyperX Cloud II have nice mic? i know it can re-open the mic? it is true? what your oponion else for mechinal keyboard than k70??

the mic is removable and it is "good enough" for gaming, do not expect crystal clear audio but I guess you could tweak the input.

As for keyboards I only have experience with logitech and corsair. Some people suggest that razer mechanical  keyboards are lower quality. Switches are the same across brands, meaning, a cherry mx red will feel the same in a corsair keyboard, logitech, ducky, etc. You should consider other features such as media keys, macro keys, rgb, etc. before making a purchase.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

6 hours ago, xGGAx said:

the mic is removable and it is "good enough" for gaming, do not expect crystal clear audio but I guess you could tweak the input.

As for keyboards I only have experience with logitech and corsair. Some people suggest that razer mechanical  keyboards are lower quality. Switches are the same across brands, meaning, a cherry mx red will feel the same in a corsair keyboard, logitech, ducky, etc. You should consider other features such as media keys, macro keys, rgb, etc. before making a purchase.

Well, that so nice! i love corsair and logitech brand. But now i'm confused to choice one of this two brand. Corsair have good quality and logitech too but corsair look more pretty. So your opinion K70 or G710+ ?

like I said, consider other features and design. Corsair keyboards have better lighting overall. Go with the k70, better design, software and  has a metal frame.