Nvidia vs AMD power monitoring

Maxxtraxx

Hi all, after just watching/listening to buildzoid's breakdown of the differences between the power monitoring capabilities of AMD and Nvidia hardware it left me with one prominent thought that I believe it answered.

Primarily being the question in my head as to why Nvidia's gpu boost implementation/idea has not been readily adopted by AMD. 

For Polaris AMD talked heavily about efficiency and before launch I actually wondered it they were going to be able to approach Nvidia's  level of fps per watt performance. I assumed it was because AMD had simply not run with the idea and implemented it in their software(maybe a valid idea seeing as they just recently enabled crossfire on their pinnacle Vega cards weeks after release).

My uninformed self at that time didn't begin to question that maybe GPU boost was more than just software and that Nvidia actually has very good power consumption monitoring hardware built into their cards that AMD simply does not have in theirs. 

Correct me if I am wrong here, but it seems to me that AMD would stand to benefit greatly by following the same path and allow them to build cards that potentially run much cooler at given clock speeds. 

I'm interested in everyone's constructive thoughts here.

Here's the link to the video for your viewing pleasure: