Stay on Android or Switch to iOS?

So i'm gonna upgrade my phone this year from my s7 edge which has had a decent amount of problems. However the bigger question is, should i stay on android & get the free customization, or go iOS & have the OS all my friends & family has? I love both OS's but it does bother me sometimes that alot of my friends & family kinda look down on android & just constantly praise iOS (like make fun of the camera because of snapchat & stuff like that or complain about no Facetime or iMessage). I'm waiting for the Next Pixel phone to be shown before switching. Its honestly a hard decision. What do you guys think?

(If you can, please also list benefits & downsides of both Systems)

Edited by UltimaHeart

2 minutes ago, UltimaHeart said:

So i'm gonna upgrade my phone this year from my s7 edge which has had a decent amount of problems. However the bigger question is, should i stay on android & get the free customization, or go iOS & have the OS all my friends & family has? I love both OS's but it does bother me sometimes that alot of my friends & family kinda look down on android & just constantly praise iOS (like make fun of the camera because of snapchat & shit like that or complain about no Facetime or iMessage). I'm waiting for the Next Pixel phone to be shown before switching. Its honestly a hard decision. What do you guys think?

I would stick with android on the basis the phones are cheaper, there more customisable and wont cost the world if it happened to fall out o your hand, but thats my opinion.

I would ask someone you know with an iPhone if you can have a go with it and then make your mind up.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Please don't. Facetime? Hangouts 

iMessage? Every phone has a messaging service.

Camera? Both sides have cameras that are on par.

Does ios have customization? No

Do they have a file system? No

Do they have innovation? No

Do they slow down their old phones to make you buy new ones? Yes

3 minutes ago, Takieght said:

This really influences me thank you!

Use what YOU like. Your family has and your so call friends have no business telling you what you should use and peer pressure you to get anything. I mean a few fun jokes here and there, is all good and fun, but annoying you like you are saying, is none of their business.

They are not the ones using the device daily. YOU are!

4 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

I would stick with android on the basis the phones are cheaper, there more customisable and wont cost the world if it happened to fall out o your hand, but thats my opinion.

I would ask someone you know with an iPhone if you can have a go with it and then make your mind up.

I tried out my friends iphone 7 & i have been impressed by its performance many times but the biggest reason for me not switching is how they take out the headphone jack (which is something that i fear will happen to the new google smartphone)

7 minutes ago, Takieght said:

There's two sides to every coin though (yes, even the apple one lol)

My opinion is, if you are more of an early adopter go for an Android phone, if you want it to be more refined go with iOS, simple. You really think mobile ar was going anywhere before the new iPhone? And the face id sensor is good as well. Also, the bezel less screen is honestly one of the nicest ones on the market, but they weren't first to try it.

I'm more of an early adopter so I stick with Android phones. 

Try to get an iPhone users opinion on this though since I think it's only been Android ones so far, such as @themctipers

1 minute ago, UltimaHeart said:

I tried out my friends iphone 7 & i have been impressed by its performance many times but the biggest reason for me not switching is how they take out the headphone jack (which is something that i fear will happen to the new google smartphone)

Yea it is pretty fluid, but it also is just too simple for me. Also, don't let people influence your decisions, I go to a school where everyone I know uses an iPhone and think I shouldn't have bought my s8, my mom and sister also uses iPhones, my dad uses Android tho.

3 minutes ago, UltimaHeart said:

A new Android phone should give you a great experience in term of performance, Android has evolved a lot. It is more powerful and more optimized. Plus, the CPUs got a lot better. Heck, Microsoft managed to run full (yes, FULL) Windows 10 on it, with x86 emulation to run standard programs on the Snapdragon 835 chip, all smoothly. I think it will handle Android just fine.

That said, iOS is a still great. HOWEVER, it is not perfect. I have heard numerous complains and problems. Grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

I have to say, for me the headphone jack really isn't a big deal, as I have an iPod for music. Because iso is designed for the hardware it runs on, unlike android, the performance will be better. But Android has come on a fair bit in terms of optimisation. I would consider getting an s8 as well. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

My opinion is, if you are more of an early adopter go for an Android phone, if you want it to be more refined go with iOS, simple. You really think mobile ar was going anywhere before the new iPhone? And the face id sensor is good as well. Also, the bezel less screen is honestly one of the nicest ones on the market, but they weren't first to try it.

True, but it's completely subjective to say that the Apple bezless screen is nicest on the market. I personally prefer the S8's. Also, if you want to be refined an Android Phone can do that. 

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

A new Android phone should give you a great experience in term of performance, Android has evolved a lot. It is more powerful and more optimized. Plus, the CPUs got a lot better. Heck, Microsoft managed to run full (yes, FULL) Windows 10 on it, with x86 emulation to run standard programs on the Snapdragon 835 chip, all smoothly. I think it will handle Android just fine.

Especially if he's getting the pixel 2.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Yea it is pretty fluid, but it also is just too simple for me. Also, don't let people influence your decisions, I go to a school where everyone I know uses an iPhone and think I shouldn't have bought my s8, my mom and sister also uses iPhones, my dad uses Android tho.

I'm in the same boat dude.

Just now, Takieght said:

True, but it's completely subjective to say that the Apple bezless screen is nicest on the market. I personally prefer the S8's. Also, if you want to be refined an Android Phone can do that. 

I like the s8 cause it's curved, but the iPhone has the least bezelctop and bottom

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

I like the s8 cause it's curved, but the iPhone has the least bezelctop and bottom

Yes, but how much something is nice is still subjective. Someone might like a Nokia Brick and it looks super nice dude to nostalgia/bias, but someone else might prefer the S8. It's all subjective.

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Use what YOU like. Your family has and your so call friends have no business telling you what you should use and peer pressure you to get anything. I mean a few fun jokes here and there, is all good and fun, but annoying you like you are saying, is none of their business.

They are not the ones using the device daily. YOU are!

You're right! Thanks so much <3

I will make my decision once the pixel 2 is revealed next month like i said

5 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Try to get an iPhone users opinion on this though since I think it's only been Android ones so far, such as @themctipers

im going to fuel a flamewar .. 

vvvvvvvv

12 minutes ago, Takieght said:

facetime is something I never use.

iMessage is special, after iOS 10. It just worksTM, blue bubbles are satisfying, yes it is on par with any other service but the process of switching, using another app that uses more battery, and some other bullshit excuse

When I got my 6s+, the note 5 had a superior camera, but you don't really give a shit. As long as it took photos that looked presentable in a pitch (remember, phone camera =/= DSLR), it's fine with me. 

file system has been a thing on iOS since iPhone OS 2 or so, well jailbreak. I agree it is stupid that I can't access the filesystem, or even download shit, but think of the people that use iPhones. What will they do when they run out of storage on their 16gb 6s? Delete everything in filesystem 

customization is NOT a thing on iOS, unless you jailbreak. I don't want customization tbh, I just want to modify things to make it easier in my life, not because it looks better.

innovation on iOS is a joke. catchup with android since iOS ... 6? 

Yes, new software updates will slow down your phone! new fucking features, more bullshit background processes, prettier but more demanding UI, but you can just 'not update'

(but apple nags you to death..)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

17 minutes ago, UltimaHeart said:

So i'm gonna upgrade my phone this year from my s7 edge which has had a decent amount of problems. However the bigger question is, should i stay on android & get the free customization, or go iOS & have the OS all my friends & family has? I love both OS's but it does bother me sometimes that alot of my friends & family kinda look down on android & just constantly praise iOS (like make fun of the camera because of snapchat & stuff like that or complain about no Facetime or iMessage). I'm waiting for the Next Pixel phone to be shown before switching. Its honestly a hard decision. What do you guys think?

i use both an iPhone SE and a S8plus but now the Note 8, and both have their pros and cons

whilst i am very unlikley to purchase another iPhone again( design changes have now put me off) thats the only reason.

battery life on my SE is by far the best of all phones ive had so far, and it just works.

i suggest you try and find a relatively new(model) iphone and try that till upgrade time and see if you enjoy it or not, and decide from the experience you had

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

12 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

in the same boat here. I do know that people at my school are gonna buy the iphone x cuz its "apple" LOL

Just now, themctipers said:

im going to fuel a flamewar .. 

vvvvvvvv

facetime is something I never use.

iMessage is special, after iOS 10. It just worksTM, blue bubbles are satisfying, yes it is on par with any other service but the process of switching, using another app that uses more battery, and some other bullshit excuse

When I got my 6s+, the note 5 had a superior camera, but you don't really give a shit. As long as it took photos that looked presentable in a pitch (remember, phone camera =/= DSLR), it's fine with me. 

file system has been a thing on iOS since iPhone OS 2 or so, well jailbreak. I agree it is stupid that I can't access the filesystem, or even download shit, but think of the people that use iPhones. What will they do when they run out of storage on their 16gb 6s? Delete everything in filesystem 

customization is NOT a thing on iOS, unless you jailbreak. I don't want customization tbh, I just want to modify things to make it easier in my life, not because it looks better.

innovation on iOS is a joke. catchup with android since iOS ... 6? 

Yes, new software updates will slow down your phone! new fucking features, more bullshit background processes, prettier but more demanding UI, but you can just 'not update'

(but apple nags you to death..)

Samsungs messaging app 'Just works' too. I have never had a problem with it. If bubbles are what float your boat. Get it? Then you can get that on android. Thanks to our friend customization. The S8 and iphone 7 have similar cameras. 

Really wouldn't recommend Jail Breaking.

Yes, but not updating might also slow down your phone. Apple is a gamble.

in the same boat here. I do know that people at my school are gonna buy the iphone x cuz its "apple" LOL

Also, the iPhone X is apparently slower than android phones out there this year.

Just now, Takieght said:

Samsungs messaging app 'Just works' too. I have never had a problem with it. If bubbles are what float your boat. Get it? Then you can get that on android. Thanks to our friend customization. The S8 and iphone 7 have similar cameras. 

Really wouldn't recommend Jail Breaking.

Yes, but not updating might also slow down your phone. Apple is a gamble.

native app is better than third party app, that is what im jabbing at

so far all the third party messaging apps ive used has drained much more battery than iOS's native messaging app (for imessage/texts)

i don't think many people really care about the cameras, i think they just want something that works in a pitch. again, you don't use your phone to take breathtaking photos, you use your phone to take photos of family or something when you're outside, and even the 5s camera is still suitable for that.

jailbreaking is a pretty fun/safe thing to do, as long as you follow this:

-don't be an idiot and install shady tweaks

-only install the tweaks you NEED

-don't fuck around with iFile, use filza, iFile has a bug where it can delete a whole folder in / 

not updating won't slow down your phone. are you thinking about animations? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

native app is better than third party app, that is what im jabbing at

so far all the third party messaging apps ive used has drained much more battery than iOS's native messaging app (for imessage/texts)

i don't think many people really care about the cameras, i think they just want something that works in a pitch. again, you don't use your phone to take breathtaking photos, you use your phone to take photos of family or something when you're outside, and even the 5s camera is still suitable for that.

jailbreaking is a pretty fun/safe thing to do, as long as you follow this:

-don't be an idiot and install shady tweaks

-only install the tweaks you NEED

-don't fuck around with iFile, use filza, iFile has a bug where it can delete a whole folder in / 

not updating won't slow down your phone. are you thinking about animations? 

No, I mean if you got a brand new iPhone and never updated, some of the optimization features wouldn't be there, would they? (Sorry if I'm wrong) 

Also, the whole point of Apple is to be for (don't take this as an insult) childproof. For the less tech-savvy people. They should still get these things without having to jailbreak. 

25 minutes ago, UltimaHeart said:

3 of my biggest reasons o stay with Android is their navigation system (back button, home button, and recent apps button all at the bottom with the option to customize their layout), headphone jack, and the fact that I can put my apps where I want them and not just having to fill them from top to bottom with only the option to put them on folders or on a new page.

I would recommend looking into the LG V30, it has a really nice screen with small bessels, nice cameras and features, and an integrated DAC I think (I know it has some kind of enhanced headphone jack). But the S8/S8 plus/ Note 8 are great options too, and of course the pixel 2 once it comes out (most likely).