Can I replace Corsair K70 switches?

PixelDrums

Okay, so here's some back story. I bought a Corsiar K70 a while ago and I am thoroughly impressed with the keyboard. I would just like to replace the key switches to Cherry MX Blues. I bought a Razer Blackwidow Expert from a friend today for $25 dollars and I was wondering if it is possible to remove the Cherry Red switches and replace them with Cherry Blue switches from a Blackwidow? Thanks guys C:

My compootr!

Case: Bitfenix Ghost - CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.8 GHz - CPU Cooler: Stock :'C - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H - RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB @ 1600 - GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM - SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB - Power Supply: Corsair HX750 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei - Headset: Monster Inspiration - Microphone: Blue Microphones Yeti - Monitor: BenQ XL2420TE

Would take alot of soldering but its possible.

I am a happy wuffy

Yes, but you would have to desolder ever switch, it would be a lot of work, might as well just buy a new keyboard

Switching switches is possible however soldering will be involved and can be a very long and tedious process. You can also change the switches or springs to have the feel of said switch.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Switching switches is possible however soldering will be involved and can be a very long and tedious process. You can also change the switches or springs to have the feel of said switch.

Yes, but you would have to desolder ever switch, it would be a lot of work, might as well just buy a new keyboard

Would take alot of soldering but its possible.

As everyone else said it is possible but tedious and requires a lot of soldering

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Alright thanks guys. I think I'll just use the Blackwidow for typing and the Corsair K70 for gaming. <3

My compootr!

Case: Bitfenix Ghost - CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.8 GHz - CPU Cooler: Stock :'C - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H - RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB @ 1600 - GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM - SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB - Power Supply: Corsair HX750 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei - Headset: Monster Inspiration - Microphone: Blue Microphones Yeti - Monitor: BenQ XL2420TE

Sell the blackwidow and the K70, then buy the Cherry MX Blue K70.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Yeah, best not to even try. Unless you want to spend about 15 man hours soldering. I use my Blackwidow for everything. MX Blues :wub: There a particular reason you want (MX Reds on the K70 I believe???) over Blues for gaming?

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

That would be a whole ton of work.Maybe dye the existing keys...still lots of work.

ha, that's not the same thing :P

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so here's some back story. I bought a Corsiar K70 a while ago and I am thoroughly impressed with the keyboard. I would just like to replace the key switches to Cherry MX Blues. I bought a Razer Blackwidow Expert from a friend today for $25 dollars and I was wondering if it is possible to remove the Cherry Red switches and replace them with Cherry Blue switches from a Blackwidow? Thanks guys C:

I was wondering the same thing, I love my MX Brown K70 but the switches are just too light as I'm quite a heavy-handed typer. I've been looking at Cherry MX Clear keyboards but they are scarce to say the least so I was hoping I could just swap them out but I couldn't face 15 hrs of soldering.

​It would be so much easier if Cherry designed their key switches so they just plugged in and clipped into place or something, plug and play so to speak. Imagine any keyboard you wanted with any switch you wanted (without much laborious soldering)!

I modded my blackwidows led color and painted the backplate which required removing all the switches, not as much work as everyone says. Im pretty expeirenced with a soldering iron, . but it took me about 45 minutes or so to get them all off and a little less to put them back on. Only thing is you have to put fresh solder on the switches to remove them because of the industrial solder, it melts it more quickly.