MOBO chipset driver vs AMD chipset driver

Skalski
Go to solution Solved by Blebekblebek,

You should use from the AMD website if you want to use the latest.

Most website driver from manufacturer are outdated, and often full with junkware.

and no, windows not always has the latest driver update, at least not in my case, because I selectively choose when or/and what I need to update, drivers is not in my list because I always prefer to download directly from AMD/Nvidia/Intel/Realtek pr whoever make the chipset themself.

Should I install only one of them or both? If both, which one should be installed as first?

11 minutes ago, Skalski said:

Should I install only one of them or both? If both, which one should be installed as first?

Neither (they probably are the same thing with different naming depends on where you look to download it)? They come preinstalled and are automatically update by windows update, usually.

2 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Neither (they probably are the same thing with different naming depends on where you look to download it)? They come preinstalled and are automatically update by windows update, usually.

I'm talking about drivers from:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
vs
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64

1 minute ago, Skalski said:

They are the same thing, just two different versions (AMD.com has the latest).

Windows should automatically install the latest version on itself, if you want to be sure everything is up-to-date download and install the one directly from AMD

3 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

They are the same thing, just two different versions (AMD.com has the latest).

Windows should automatically install the latest version on itself, if you want to be sure everything is up-to-date download and install the one directly from AMD

O.K. I'm just wondering why AM4Chipset_9.0.000.8_5.12.0.31_20170531 driver from asus site is 1.29 GB and the one from AMD only 173 MB. asus gives large extra bonus xD

56 minutes ago, Skalski said:

O.K. I'm just wondering why AM4Chipset_9.0.000.8_5.12.0.31_20170531 driver from asus site is 1.29 GB and the one from AMD only 173 MB. asus gives large extra bonus xD

Most likely AMD has an installer (which will download extra files when started) while ASUS gives a portable installer with no connection required.

You should use from the AMD website if you want to use the latest.

Most website driver from manufacturer are outdated, and often full with junkware.

and no, windows not always has the latest driver update, at least not in my case, because I selectively choose when or/and what I need to update, drivers is not in my list because I always prefer to download directly from AMD/Nvidia/Intel/Realtek pr whoever make the chipset themself.