780Ti vs MSI 780 Lightning

Hagge

Hey,

Im thinking of getting a card,

One of those, got at this moment a 680 Lightning,

What is the best to get?

780ti got about 15 % more preformance for about 130USD more,

MSI Lightning can be overclocked as hell and its Worth about 500USD in sweden?

How much can a 780 Lightning be overclocked? To be compared with? Can it be compared with the 780Ti preformance?

780 Lightening looks kinda stupid. I'd go with a Windforce cooler more balanced look, although the MSI Lightening will be better at being over-volted.

780 Ti is 30-10 percent better

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Wait as MSI might be conjuring up a new Lightning for the Maxwell series and they are officially working on a 290X Lightning. The card you currently have is a very strong card and I wouldn't change it until later.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

780 ti not that great of deal get 780 or 290 when non reference card come out. Better yet wait till next gen Nvidia.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

780Ti for sure but wtf you have a very good card so wait for next series

Next Nvidia gen is not working for me, I cant wait and wait forever :P The plan is to get a strong Card now, and then hold on until 2015 for Skylake and DDr4

780 Lightening looks kinda stupid. I'd go with a Windforce cooler more balanced look, although the MSI Lightening will be better at being over-volted.

780 Ti is 30-10 percent better

You kiddin me, Lightning cards are one of the coolest card out there... And I hate gigabyte and Windforce, dosent cool good,:/

Wait as MSI might be conjuring up a new Lightning for the Maxwell series and they are officially working on a 290X Lightning. The card you currently have is a very strong card and I wouldn't change it until later.

780 ti not that great of deal get 780 or 290 when non reference card come out. Better yet wait till next gen Nvidia.

Next Nvidia gen is not working for me, I cant wait and wait forever :P The plan is to get a strong Card now, and then hold on until 2015 for Skylake and DDr4

You kiddin me, Lightning cards are one of the coolest card out there... And I hate gigabyte and Windforce, dosent cool good,:/

yea a 780 ti should last awhile at 1080p at least. HOPEFULLY 1440p for awhile too, though def not max settings within a year. I wouldnt adopt DDR4 in its infancy, so waiting till 2015 sounds smart.

Hmm, I bought a 780, returned it and got a 660TI. Decided that 700 was not worth it, and Maxwell I was told was one of those series where there was a bigger improvement. I would just stay with the 680 really...it can max almost anything right?

If you don't care about cost obviously a TI.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Lasting a while is really subjective, depends how much you mind turning down the extra eye candy in progressively newer titles to run them well, or and FPS hit to keep the shinies shiny. 1080p will hopefully be the 720p of 2015. 

r9 290x lightning ? That is when the card will really shine and kill the Titan/780ti

Why not just get another 680 Lightning and SLI?

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Why not just get another 680 Lightning and SLI?

*I had SLI on lightning, but the second card had some trouble last month so I got a refund.. And its impossible to find a new 680 Lightning..

r9 290x lightning ? That is when the card will really shine and kill the Titan/780ti

Ye? And what if 780Ti lightning comes?

And I dont like 290x.. I hate AMD.. ´Had no good experiance with them for 3 years now..

If the 680 is holding up OK I'd keep that.

1 680 wont be enough in some months, and I cant get my 144Hz  monitor to shine with 1 680:/

Sorry didn't realise you were going for 1440p.

Just get a 780ti

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

780Ti for sure but wtf you have a very good card so wait for next series

Hey,

Im thinking of getting a card,

One of those, got at this moment a 680 Lightning,

What is the best to get?

780ti got about 15 % more preformance for about 130USD more,

MSI Lightning can be overclocked as hell and its Worth about 500USD in sweden?

How much can a 780 Lightning be overclocked? To be compared with? Can it be compared with the 780Ti preformance?

NO...

The next series from Nvidia is coming out Q3-4 next year.