I think I might have broken my motherboard or PSU

So o just built everything up and then placed my pc on the ground and started too plug in all the periferals and then pressed the power button on my computer. I've just removed evereything and then took out all the cables except for the 24 pin, 6pin cpu power cable and I left the gpu in with power cable going into it. I tried pressing the power button but nothing, no fans, no lights just the same as if I never pressed the button. I don't understand what's wrong as these are new components and we're working just a few seconds before. What do you suggest I do? 

Do you have the front panel headers plugged into your mobo? 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

Do you have the front panel headers plugged into your mobo? 

Yes I do

Are there any LED lights displayed on the motherboard when the power is on?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Are there any LED lights displayed on the motherboard when the power is on?

No nothing at all

This one is going to sound really stupid and I'm sorry for asking this but it's just to make sure... Is the power supply turned on?

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

4 minutes ago, Minikronos said:

So o just built everything up and then placed my pc on the ground and started too plug in all the periferals and then pressed the power button on my computer. I've just removed evereything and then took out all the cables except for the 24 pin, 6pin cpu power cable and I left the gpu in with power cable going into it. I tried pressing the power button but nothing, no fans, no lights just the same as if I never pressed the button. I don't understand what's wrong as these are new components and we're working just a few seconds before. What do you suggest I do? 

Just now, Minikronos said:

Yes I do

I would try if you can jump-start just the PSU. You will have to research a bit, and it is not the same pins for every PSU, but you can short two of teh pins on your PSU and it should spin up.

You can also try shorting the corresponding pins of the fron-panel header to start your PC. Maybe the button of your case is just defective. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

1 minute ago, Minikronos said:

No nothing at all

Just now, Ophidio said:

This one is going to sound really stupid and I'm sorry for asking this but it's just to make sure... Is the power supply turned on?

Double check this, any power switches on the wall as well as if you have it plugged into a power strip. Make sure everything is on.

Yeah it is haha

Just now, NinJake said:

Double check this, any power switches on the wall as well as if you have it plugged into a power strip. Make sure everything is on.

Plugged into the wall socket and it's on

this is another stupid question.. but as the other guy said.. its just to make sure... did you plug your front panel connectors just as they tell you to in the manual? like everything in its right position

What power supply do you have currently? Also do you know anyone that could lend you one for testing or do you have a spare?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

What power supply do you have currently? Also do you know anyone that could lend you one for testing or do you have a spare?

I could try my PSU on another computer 

1 minute ago, Versti said:

this is another stupid question.. but as the other guy said.. its just to make sure... did you plug your front panel connectors just as they tell you to in the manual? like everything in its right position

Yeah everything was working perfectly before I plugged all my perferals In, everything turned on just fine

2 minutes ago, Versti said:

You could omit the possibly of screwing up the header placement by jumping the power on headers manually (ie with a screwdriver) to see if it turns on.

When you say 6-pin cpu connector in your OP was that a typo and you mean 8 pin/4 pin or is it actually 6 pins because it should be either 4 or 8 unless 6 pin is just a random thing you will see on CPU's?

I could try my PSU on another computer 

good idea, but just make sure the wattage is good enough, you dont wanna fry your 2nd pc..xD

When you say 6-pin cpu connector in your OP was that a typo and you mean 8 pin/4 pin or is it actually 6 pins because it should be either 4 or 8 unless 6 pin is just a random thing you will see on CPU's?

Yeah sorry I meant 8

1 minute ago, Versti said:

good idea, but just make sure the wattage is good enough, you dont wanna fry your 2nd pc..xD

Yeah it's a old ish pc, used too have a 300W PSU and this is a 600W psu

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

So I just plugged it into my old pc and the PSU seems too be working perfectly fine 

if there are leds on your motherboard (or something that indicates if its on) try to remove all the cables (other than the 24 pin and the 8 pin,  just to see if its the mobo's problem, cuz as you just said.. the psu is working perfectly

So I just plugged it into my old pc and the PSU seems too be working perfectly fine 

Definitely sounds like a motherboard issue, didn't you also have a post within the last 2 hours about the mobo not working once you installed it in the case? It likely shorted out if there was metal to metal contact somewhere.

8 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Definitely sounds like a motherboard issue, didn't you also have a post within the last 2 hours about the mobo not working once you installed it in the case? It likely shorted out if there was metal to metal contact somewhere.

If I'm being honest what I think it was that i shorted it by touching it, the system was off but I can't remember if the PSU was on or off and I plugged in the USB connector which is a t the bottom, this that could have fried the board? I only got it today 0.0

If I'm being honest what I think it was that i shorted it by touching it, the system was off but I can't remember if the PSU was on or off and I plugged in the USB connector which is a t the bottom, this that could have fried the board? I only got it today 0.0

well... you are kinda of lucky, but kinda not.. the bad thing is that you fried it.. the good thing is it was your mobo and not your cpu or gpu, mobos are usually Cheap-ish..

3 minutes ago, Versti said:

well... you are kinda of lucky, but kinda not.. the bad thing is that you fried it.. the good thing is it was your mobo and not your cpu or gpu, mobos are usually Cheap-ish..

I got it today lmao, my friend said he can lend me one tho today