Newly built PC inconsistent Frametime (Stuttering) in games.

So I've just recently built my PC here are the specs. 

Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 
AMD RyZen 1700X @ Stock 
G.Skill Trident-Z 3000mhz CL16 @ Stock 
Corsair HX1000 
Gigabyte VEGA 64 Liquid Edition @ Stock  
Windows 10-64BIT Home 
Drivers used 17.8.1 / 17.8.2 / 17.5.2 

Ok the issue I'm facing is simple, Inconsistent and High Frametime but it happens randomly, at times the game may not be affected by it, while sometimes the moment I launch the game and while playing every few second my Frametime will spike up to least 50 - 100ms while maintaining a good Framerate. My CPU is all at max possible Clocks no drops. But I do notice sometimes the GPU Usage does drop to 0%. 
Most the games only happen at random and sometimes it wouldn't happen at all. For example I could play Doom for hours without issues, or it will just randomly spikes for a few seconds....causing massive lag...then back to normal as if nothing happened. I've check multiple times CPU Usage isn't at 100% ( Sometimes I caught that One of the Cores are, but not all )
Or sometimes the moment I launch Doom, while in game ( Not Menu, so far Menu never have issues it's always smooth for all games ) I be plagued by the issue and in Doom it's like it has a pattern, every 3 seconds or so it will spike really high then drop back down. 
But these two games it's guarantee to happen. Titanfall 2 and Killing Floor 2. Logically you would try swapping out the GPU which I did, I tried using my Fury from my previous system ( which play any games flawlessly ) same exact thing happened when I'm using VEGA 64 Liquid and I even tried older Driver 17.5.2 on the new system with my Fury which my previous system uses with my Fury. No fix. 

So these are ALL the solutions I've tried and so far no fix. Basically almost everything you can think of.  
1) Rebuilt the entire system again from ground up. 
2) Re-install Windows 10 ( So same for my Mobo's Chipset and Drivers etc ) 
3) Disabled all Anti-Virus, Windows Defender etc 
3) Check HDD / SSD Health and Benchmark it with Disk Mark / Disk Info 
4) Ran stress test ( No random shut down so far at least ) 
5) Ran benchmarks to check scores all passed and within the proper scores for both GPU and CPU 
6) Check Voltages on PSU with AIDA64 no randomly Voltages drop ( Didn't stress it for overnight, dare not ) 
7) Reset BIOS 
8) Try switching PCIE lanes ( For both Fury and VEGA 64 )
9) Disable Free Sync
10) Change Monitor Refresh rate to 60hz 
11) Tried playing games with V-SYNC 
12)  Try changing D.P / HDMI cable.
13) Disabled Audio control panels ( Realtek / Sound Blaster ) 
14) I didn't Daisy Chain my PSU 8P connector to my VEGA 64 for I heard it will not be enough power 
15) Disk Defrag 
16) Change RAM slots 
17) Try playing with Single RAM ( interchange both sticks to make sure ) 
18) Before you ask, no my PC isn't overheating....

EDIT :  
19) Changed Power Plan to max  ( RyZen Power Plan ) 
20) Updated to latest BIOS F6 ( F7 is giving issues for Gaming 5 boards, avoid it ) 

For now I'm waiting two things to try. I would try to change my RAM and HDD to see if it solves the problem. 
But I got a feeling in my gut that, it could be my Mobo giving me problems ?? The last I can think of is CPU....
CPU and Mobo is something really hard to come by, who the hell will have a spare one lying around especially a RyZen and X370 or even B350 Mobo....

So what you guys think, is it POSSIBLE that the Mobo could be t he culprit ?? It feels like my GPU is having hard time playing catch up or it's being delay thus the high and spiking Frametime. 
Since I've done MULTIPLE Cinebench test for my CPU scores are good....I've even check Voltage for my CPU they are constant as well. But I can't see my GPU for VEGA 64 ( Sadly I've forgotten to check my Fury as well ) 

So what's everyone's opinion ?? Could it even be the PSU...?? That be weird...

What kind of psu do you have?

I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm gonna say it anyways

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig: Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 15"

CPU: Intel i7 8750-H 6-core

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4 2666 mHz

Storage: 512 m.2 nvme ssd

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Silent

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, Steelseries Rival 600 

Headset: Philips SHP 9500 + Sennheiser hd598

Dac/Amp: Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

What kind of psu do you have?

Didn't I stated above ? Corsair HX1000 it's 1000W Platinum PSU....please don't make me regret buying Corsair PSU. Honestly I don't really trust their PSU, sadly there's no longer any Seasonic here and it's hard to find any EVGA / SuperFlower 1000W. Besides Corsair what other good reputable brand is there to use? 

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

1000W? That's why. Try going lower on the wattage.

lol wtf ??? Sorry if I sound offensive but what sense is that ?? 
Not to mention AMD specifically recommends 1000W for VEGA 64 especially a Liquid version. 
My previous system is using a 850W PSU and didn't have any issues but it actually only consume like a mere 200-300W...
Having high Wattage PSU is never a bad thing besides for Efficiency and just burning a hole in your wallet. But most of the High Tier PSU ( basically quality PSU ) are mostly high Wattages. 
Good luck finding more than 10 PSU that's about 450W which are superb quality. 

26 minutes ago, gh0st47 said:

So I've just recently built my PC here are the specs. 

Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 
AMD RyZen 1700X @ Stock 
G.Skill Trident-Z 3000mhz CL16 @ Stock 
Corsair HX1000 
Gigabyte VEGA 64 Liquid Edition @ Stock  
Windows 10-64BIT Home 
Drivers used 17.8.1 / 17.8.2 / 17.5.2 

Ok the issue I'm facing is simple, Inconsistent and High Frametime but it happens randomly, at times the game may not be affected by it, while sometimes the moment I launch the game and while playing every few second my Frametime will spike up to least 50 - 100ms while maintaining a good Framerate. My CPU is all at max possible Clocks no drops. But I do notice sometimes the GPU Usage does drop to 0%. 
Most the games only happen at random and sometimes it wouldn't happen at all. For example I could play Doom for hours without issues, or it will just randomly spikes for a few seconds....causing massive lag...then back to normal as if nothing happened. I've check multiple times CPU Usage isn't at 100% ( Sometimes I caught that One of the Cores are, but not all )
Or sometimes the moment I launch Doom, while in game ( Not Menu, so far Menu never have issues it's always smooth for all games ) I be plagued by the issue and in Doom it's like it has a pattern, every 3 seconds or so it will spike really high then drop back down. 
But these two games it's guarantee to happen. Titanfall 2 and Killing Floor 2. Logically you would try swapping out the GPU which I did, I tried using my Fury from my previous system ( which play any games flawlessly ) same exact thing happened when I'm using VEGA 64 Liquid and I even tried older Driver 17.5.2 on the new system with my Fury which my previous system uses with my Fury. No fix. 

So these are ALL the solutions I've tried and so far no fix. Basically almost everything you can think of.  
1) Rebuilt the entire system again from ground up. 
2) Re-install Windows 10 ( So same for my Mobo's Chipset and Drivers etc ) 
3) Disabled all Anti-Virus, Windows Defender etc 
3) Check HDD / SSD Health and Benchmark it with Disk Mark / Disk Info 
4) Ran stress test ( No random shut down so far at least ) 
5) Ran benchmarks to check scores all passed and within the proper scores for both GPU and CPU 
6) Check Voltages on PSU with AIDA64 no randomly Voltages drop ( Didn't stress it for overnight, dare not ) 
7) Reset BIOS 
8) Try switching PCIE lanes ( For both Fury and VEGA 64 )
9) Disable Free Sync
10) Change Monitor Refresh rate to 60hz 
11) Tried playing games with V-SYNC 
12)  Try changing D.P / HDMI cable.
13) Disabled Audio control panels ( Realtek / Sound Blaster ) 
14) I didn't Daisy Chain my PSU 8P connector to my VEGA 64 for I heard it will not be enough power 
15) Disk Defrag 
16) Change RAM slots 
17) Try playing with Single RAM ( interchange both sticks to make sure ) 
18) Before you ask, no my PC isn't overheating....

EDIT :  
19) Changed Power Plan to max  ( RyZen Power Plan ) 
20) Updated to latest BIOS F6 ( F7 is giving issues for Gaming 5 boards, avoid it ) 

For now I'm waiting two things to try. I would try to change my RAM and HDD to see if it solves the problem. 
But I got a feeling in my gut that, it could be my Mobo giving me problems ?? The last I can think of is CPU....
CPU and Mobo is something really hard to come by, who the hell will have a spare one lying around especially a RyZen and X370 or even B350 Mobo....

So what you guys think, is it POSSIBLE that the Mobo could be t he culprit ?? It feels like my GPU is having hard time playing catch up or it's being delay thus the high and spiking Frametime. 
Since I've done MULTIPLE Cinebench test for my CPU scores are good....I've even check Voltage for my CPU they are constant as well. But I can't see my GPU for VEGA 64 ( Sadly I've forgotten to check my Fury as well ) 

So what's everyone's opinion ?? Could it even be the PSU...?? That be weird...

You need like at max a 725W PSU. 1000W Is overkill and will affect performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

13 minutes ago, gh0st47 said:

Didn't I stated above ? Corsair HX1000 it's 1000W Platinum PSU....please don't make me regret buying Corsair PSU. Honestly I don't really trust their PSU, sadly there's no longer any Seasonic here and it's hard to find any EVGA / SuperFlower 1000W. Besides Corsair what other good reputable brand is there to use? 

the PSU is good, and good quality corsair psu's are among the best, so don't worry about it (it's overkill though, but won't degrade performance at all as the hardware only draws as much power as neededl

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, gh0st47 said:

lol wtf ??? Sorry if I sound offensive but what sense is that ?? 
Not to mention AMD specifically recommends 1000W for VEGA 64 especially a Liquid version. 
My previous system is using a 850W PSU and didn't have any issues but it actually only consume like a mere 200-300W...
Having high Wattage PSU is never a bad thing besides for Efficiency and just burning a hole in your wallet. But most of the High Tier PSU ( basically quality PSU ) are mostly high Wattages. 
Good luck finding more than 10 PSU that's about 450W which are superb quality. 

Go to a psu calculator, and put in your build. Even if you game 8 hours, you would still only need 725w

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, Changis said:

the PSU is good, and good quality corsair psu's are among the best, so don't worry about it (it's overkill though, but won't degrade performance at all as the hardware only draws as much power as neededl

Actually it does somewhat affect performance. I did some investigating by giving my old rig a 725w and I was getting stuttering and issues compared to when I used  PSU that was estimated to be good for it.

You need like at max a 725W PSU. 1000W Is overkill and will affect performance.

I seriously don't see how is having high Wattage PSU is affecting my performance, please elaborate....
And as I said before my previous system uses only like a mere 200 - 300W but I had a 850W Platinum, Seasonic. Had no issues for over 4 Years....FLAWLESS and SMOOTH ! 

Just now, gh0st47 said:

I seriously don't see how is having high Wattage PSU is affecting my performance, please elaborate....
And as I said before my previous system uses only like a mere 200 - 300W but I had a 850W Platinum, Seasonic. Had no issues for over 4 Years....FLAWLESS and SMOOTH ! 

It does affect performance. I did a test with my old rig, and I put in a larger power supply. I got stuttering compared to the PSU that was closest to its draw power.

Just now, gh0st47 said:

Just downgrade to a lower PSU and it should solve some problems.

Actually it does somewhat affect performance. I did some investigating by giving my old rig a 725w and I was getting stuttering and issues compared to when I used  PSU that was estimated to be good for it.

maybe a low quality psu, but you shouldn't use those anyway.

hardware will ONLY draw as much current as they need.. you could put a 1000000000000w psu in and it would still only use the same draw.
PSU's does not affect performance unless they are bad quality and can't deliver power properly..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

2 minutes ago, gh0st47 said:

you don't, poster probably had a low quality unit.. 725w doesn't sound like the usual high quality ones..

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Just now, Changis said:

maybe a low quality psu, but you shouldn't use those anyway.

hardware will ONLY draw as much current as they need.. you could put a 1000000000000w psu in and it would still only use the same draw.
PSU's does not affect performance unless they are bad quality and can't deliver power properly..

It was a pretty good quality PSU. I have had no problems until recently and it was over 4 years old.

These videos might explain a bit:

And

4 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Just downgrade to a lower PSU and it should solve some problems.

I think I will take this as a last resort...I don't really have a spare PSU lying around. Least not a good quality one since I'm powering such a power hungry monster...

7 minutes ago, Changis said:

But honestly  I was bit disappointed in the HX1000 quality. 
Firstly...a 1000W PSU...which means you're gonna use A LOT of power logically. But a Single 8P cable being Daisy Chained to become a 16P  ? That's never a good thing....it could just very much lead to disaster IMO....this is why I have 2X 8P coming out from my PSU to power my GPU....
I mean even my Seasonic P860 860W Platinum PSU doesn't do that....
Secondly....the cables....quality feels and look cheap ( well looks can be deceiving I know ) but the pin heads...when I've plugged into my components and the PSU itself...it's actually kinda loose...I mean it wouldn't come out but if you still can sort of shake it and it would start coming out A TINY BIT....while my Seasonic one it's like you glued them into the sockets.....
But the HX1000 is rather cheap....compared to what it will cost for a Seasonic 1000W Platinum....I guess Price do matter...

It was a pretty good quality PSU. I have had no problems until recently and it was over 4 years old.

These videos might explain a bit:

And

yeah, because buyin 1000w for a system that draws less than 500w at peak is overkill.. only value is staying around 50% gives you the best efficiency

do you have any timecodes where they say a too powerful PSU will degrade performance?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Just now, Changis said:

yeah, because buyin 1000w for a system that draws less than 500w at peak is overkill.. only value is staying around 50% gives you the best efficiency

do you have any timecodes where they say a too powerful PSU will degrade performance?

Can't ATM get any, work blocks 95% of YT videos.

But Just get a lower wattage PSU. That might help. Or it might just be horrible psu quality.

1 minute ago, gh0st47 said:

But honestly  I was bit disappointed in the HX1000 quality. 
Firstly...a 1000W PSU...which means you're gonna use A LOT of power logically. But a Single 8P cable being Daisy Chained to become a 16P  ? That's never a good thing....it could just very much lead to disaster IMO....this is why I have 2X 8P coming out from my PSU to power my GPU....
I mean even my Seasonic P860 860W Platinum PSU doesn't do that....
Secondly....the cables....quality feels and look cheap ( well looks can be deceiving I know ) but the pin heads...when I've plugged into my components and the PSU itself...it's actually kinda loose...I mean it wouldn't come out but if you still can sort of shake it and it would start coming out A TINY BIT....while my Seasonic one it's like you glued them into the sockets.....
But the HX1000 is rather cheap....compared to what it will cost for a Seasonic 1000W Platinum....I guess Price do matter...

9.5 total at jonnyguru does not a bad PSU make...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=89

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Can't ATM get any, work blocks 95% of YT videos.

But Just get a lower wattage PSU. That might help. Or it might just be horrible psu quality.

you are basing this one one psu you had problems with? 
why do LTT build overkill machines with 1000w and over psu's if they degrade performance?

sorry, but the psu is NOT a problem.. it's a really high scorer at jonnyguru, and your statement that too powerful psu degrades performace is false, and i would like to see you document it outside "my 725w psu gave me troubles"

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Ok let's put aside the PSU for a second. 
Is it possible that maybe a " faulty " Mobo maybe causing such an issue ? 
Since it's weird, clearly the Mobo is working, no weird CPU Voltage drop / CPU Clocks dropping as well. 
It power on of course and doesn't take too long to POST ( Longer than my older system I think it's a AMD thing... ) 
No random shut down ( So far... ) 

I'm thinking could it possibly be the Mobo's PCIE lane giving problem or Chipset itself or something ?
As said, Framerate is amazingly high but Frametime as well thus the lag / stutter. It's like something is delaying the GPU....

Just now, Changis said:

why do LTT build overkill machines with 1000w and over psu's if they degrade performance?

sorry, but the psu is NOT a problem.. it's a really high scorer at jonnyguru, and your statement that too powerful psu degrades performace is false, and i would like to see you document it outside "my 725w psu gave me troubles"

Because those builds usually have SLI, OC, high end CPU's that are overclocked, High end RAM.

Just now, gh0st47 said:

Ok let's put aside the PSU for a second. 
Is it possible that maybe a " faulty " Mobo maybe causing such an issue ? 
Since it's weird, clearly the Mobo is working, no weird CPU Voltage drop / CPU Clocks dropping as well. 
It power on of course and doesn't take too long to POST ( Longer than my older system I think it's a AMD thing... ) 
No random shut down ( So far... ) 

I'm thinking could it possibly be the Mobo's PCIE lane giving problem or Chipset itself or something ?
As said, Framerate is amazingly high but Frametime as well thus the lag / stutter. It's like something is delaying the GPU....

Possibly. It might just be a bad board. Maybe there's some dust or something blocking the Pins on the slot.

1 minute ago, Changis said:

Matter of fact in one of Linus personal build log he himself too use an " overkill " PSU on his rig. Because he said that he rather have lesser efficiency rather than having his PSU stressing like hell which make sense ( Also this is the main reason why I buy higher Wattage than I should too ) 
I mean the higher Wattage your PSU the more easy for it to run lower Wattage system thus your PSU don't break a sweat which also leads to LESS heat, less heat = higher lifespan PSU. 

3 minutes ago, Changis said:

Your looking at HX1000i not HX1000