Low fps in almost every game

Elblackwoodo

Hey guys!

I have a performance problem with almost every mutliplayer game... it always drops to almost 30 when a lot of stuff is going on...

Singleplayer games are fine most of the time tho.

Bf1, Planetside 2, Red Orchestra 2, Escape From Tarkov are almost unplayable even on very low settings... even small games like Robocraft give me trouble...

Strange enough, Star Wars Battlefront runs smooth on Ultra just like Bf1 singleplayer.

specs:

GTX 1060 6GB

i5 4670k OC @4Ghz (+Alpenföhn Broken 2)

DDR3 Ram 8GB 1333Mhz (single channel)

gigabyte z87-d3hp

250GB SSD Samsung 750 Evo

Windows 10

I tried:

Windows 10 full reset

check temps: max 67°C max on 2 of 4 cores

set priority of games to high

unpark cores

Windows 10 game mode on

undo the cpu overclock

I'm working on a fix since month but I just can't find what seems to be the problem...

a friend of mine has almost the exact same rig except of him having 8GB Ram running in dual channel... and he runs all those games smooth on 60fps..

can dual channel have such a huge impact?

tell me if I can post something to give you more insight

Hope you guys can help me out here! thanks upfront!

Try using rivatuner to monitor whilst playing games.

Also, how fast is your internet?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

9 hours ago, MancorJ said:

have you tried monitoring the cpu, gpu, disk or ssd, or ram to see if there are any bottlenecks?

cpu hits 100% load a lot when playing Planetside 2 and Battlefield 1... Ram is also pretty much on full load most of the time while playing...

but I feel like they shouldn't... atleast not on very low settings... thats what I don't get...

9 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

Its pretty okay I guess... I load with a max. of 2Mb/s and have a good ping in all of the games...

9 hours ago, emosun said:

what bios is your board running? it's had a couple updates related to pci-e and cpu performance

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87-D3HP-rev-1x#support-dl

I don't really know how to check that... I'am not very techie person :/ but I've never updated it, thats for sure!

10 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

well.. what the...

I tried monitoring the Gpu Cpu and Ram with Riva... and suprisingly the only thing hitting 100% is the gpu... cpu and Ram seems to be fine...

until now I always checked the cpu and Ram with the task manager and there it showed these components to be under heavy load...

now I don't know what to think anymore...

Edit:

on Planetside it's still cpu hitting max load and Ram on 7000MB... but shouldn't they be able to get this freakin game running on very low settings...

I'm just done... do you really need an i7+16GB 1600Mhz ram to play any of these games?

2 hours ago, Elblackwoodo said:

Edit:

on Planetside it's still cpu hitting max load and Ram on 7000MB... but shouldn't they be able to get this freakin game running on very low settings...

I'm just done... do you really need an i7+16GB 1600Mhz ram to play any of these games?

Planetside is realy badly optimized game. You don't need 16gigs for gaming. You can try and increase pagefile. If that helps, maybe you need RAM upgrade. But CPU is fine. How are your GPU temps when gaming?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Planetside is realy badly optimized game. You don't need 16gigs for gaming. You can try and increase pagefile. If that helps, maybe you need RAM upgrade. But CPU is fine. How are your GPU temps when gaming?

increased the pagefile which actually seemd to help with Planetside...

I have a max temp. of 50+°C on my Gpu

1 hour ago, Elblackwoodo said:

increased the pagefile which actually seemd to help with Planetside...

I have a max temp. of 50+°C on my Cpu

Yes, yes. And GPU temp?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yes, yes. And GPU temp?

sry I misstyped... I meant Gpu

22 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

Try OCing your GPU then. 

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

27 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

Thats almost like it isn't doing anything. I would have assumed at least 60C under load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

Try OCing your GPU then. 

yeah I can do that but I don't really get why this is necessary to keep every game on 60 fps with the lowest settings possible...

There has to be something wrong, my rig can't be THAT bad.. or can it?

I don't care when the games look like crap, I just want to play em' on stable 60 because I instantly notice when it drops below...

Thats almost like it isn't doing anything. I would have assumed at least 60C under load.

When doing nothing it's like 25-40°C

try razer cortex just to be shure there is no backround programm also are your drivers updatet

3 hours ago, ianspy1 said:

try razer cortex just to be shure there is no backround programm also are your drivers updatet

I just did a windows 10 reset two days ago... can it still be a background programm tho?

Gpu and chipset are up to date, except for the bios I guess... but I don't want to do any mistake so I don't really know if I should try that...

21 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

I just did a windows 10 reset two days ago... can it still be a background programm tho?

Gpu and chipset are up to date, except for the bios I guess... but I don't want to do any mistake so I don't really know if I should try that...

just try sometimes it works

On 9/4/2017 at 5:59 AM, Elblackwoodo said:

I would recommend updating the bios but it is understandable if you don't.  I would try to download CPU drivers, also the cpu could not be optimized with windows 10, so if everything else fails, I would download a fresh copy of windows 7 pro so you could benchmark some games.  The reason I say this is because I know I have an i5-7700k kaby lake and windows 8 (and if you didn't know kaby lake cpu's are incompatible with any windows but windows 10), and when i played anything the cpu would just skyrocket to 100% load always and get crap fps.  That cpu is a dang good piece of hardware and i would not recommend getting a new cpu.

17 hours ago, MancorJ said:

...  I would try to download CPU drivers,

A what? No such thing exists. Chipset driver takes care of that. Among other things.

also the cpu could not be optimized with windows 10

Doubt that, DC is fairly new CPU (2014). While being released year before Win10, Intel, mobo manufacturers and Microsoft go for backwards compatibility with software/hardware support.

, so if everything else fails, I would download a fresh copy of windows 7 pro so you could benchmark some games.  The reason I say this is because I know I have an i5-7700k kaby lake and windows 8 (and if you didn't know kaby lake cpu's are incompatible with any windows but windows 10), and when i played anything the cpu would just skyrocket to 100% load always and get crap fps. 

Thats different than the thing I wrote before. You have newer hardware than OS. Meaning that they have chose to drop its support from older OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Running DC on windows 10 right now.
Works fine

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... sorry for late reply I was on vacation...

well but I have an even bigger problem now... but this is maybe related to the first problem...

Somehow my system gives me unbelievably bad performance in some games after it run for a little while (like 10-25 fps) in games it can usually handle with no probs.

Most of the time it happens after I wake it from sleep mode but sometimes it even does right from restart... 

it's kind of a gamble if it boots to it's "full potential" you know...

I thought it may be the overclocks so I set everything back to default again but the problem still remains...

what the hell can cause something like this?

3 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

Hey guys... sorry for late reply I was on vacation...

well but I have an even bigger problem now... but this is maybe related to the first problem...

Somehow my system gives me unbelievably bad performance in some games after it run for a little while (like 10-25 fps) in games it can usually handle with no probs.

Most of the time it happens after I wake it from sleep mode but sometimes it even does right from restart... 

it's kind of a gamble if it boots to it's "full potential" you know...

I thought it may be the overclocks so I set everything back to default again but the problem still remains...

what the hell can cause something like this?

completely reinstall windows

Just now, carpalflower3 said:

completely reinstall windows

is a windows 10 reset fine enough?

Just now, Elblackwoodo said:

is a windows 10 reset fine enough?

well i had an issue with low fps and i made a usb windows 10 disk and i wiped the hard drive booted from the usb reinstalled windows and im getting good framerates so i would try it but try to update you bios though that also might be the problem

7 minutes ago, carpalflower3 said:

well i had an issue with low fps and i made a usb windows 10 disk and i wiped the hard drive booted from the usb reinstalled windows and im getting good framerates so i would try it but try to update you bios though that also might be the problem

kay gotta try that.. I'll get myself a usb stick for the bios update too.. have none here atm

does this guy explain the bios update process corectly?