Why is my computer using so much RAM all of a sudden?

EternalSpectrum

For the last few days or so my computer's been using a GB or more RAM than it usually does for no apparent reason and it's really slowing it down.

I've checked through the processes and everything seems normal, every day on startup I delete some of the unwanted ones to speed it up but even light tasks like internet browsing are using over 3GB now.

If you could suggest anything to help that'd be great.

Intel Pentium A800501-60 60MHz, 4MB RAM, 160MB Hard Drive, Voodoo Video Card, Windows 3.11 OS

I'm on 3,5GB all the time...

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

I'm on 3,5GB all the time...

But I'm guessing you have more than 4GB of RAM.

Intel Pentium A800501-60 60MHz, 4MB RAM, 160MB Hard Drive, Voodoo Video Card, Windows 3.11 OS

But I'm guessing you have more than 4GB of RAM.

Yeah, and I'm guessing you are having too little RAM.

Try and press "Show processes of all users", maybe some unwanted system process is filling it up.

Also I suspect you are lying in your sig.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

First things first, virus scan.

Malwarebytes is your best bet :)

Have done, but nothing.

Yeah, and I'm guessing you are having too little RAM.

Try and press "Show processes of all users", maybe some unwanted system process is filling it up.

Also I suspect you are lying in your sig.

I suspect I am too.

Fair enough :)

Have any programs recently updated?

Not that I know of.

Hmmm, thought that something might have updated and due to the update needed more RAM.

I really don't know what else to suggest. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

It is a conundrum like no other, it will go down into the history books.

You could just download some more ram, that would solve your problem

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I think you should oust open task manager and throw an eye on the ram usage from every process. You also can sort them by how much there are using.

So you then know which program burns your ram.

BTW:

post-40573-0-78675800-1386339642.jpg

runs fine! Ok its a Mac and handling RAM very different than Windows does