How do I get my Kone Pure to shine white?

Ricardo56

I went to the mouse control program and since there's no white option I just upped the RGB values to 255 each (i think that's the maximum, right?)

However, it still looks pretty pink (I might upload some pics down below). Do I really have to go bit by bit or is there na easier way?

1 minute ago, Ricardo56 said:

I went to the mouse control program and since there's no white option I just upped the RGB values to 255 each (i think that's the maximum, right?)

However, it still looks pretty pink (I might upload some pics down below). Do I really have to go bit by bit or is there na easier way?

Nope, that's basically the curse of not having a white LED in there.

RGB can in theory produce a perfect white but in reality it's basically impossible.

Tweaking until you have reduced the pink is the only option :/

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Nope, that's basically the curse of not having a white LED in there.

RGB can in theory produce a perfect white but in reality it's basically impossible.

Tweaking until you have reduced the pink is the only option :/

My line of thought initially was really "if it can shine 16.8 million colours (maybe not the Kone, some other mice do), it just has to shine white too"

2 minutes ago, Ricardo56 said:

My line of thought initially was really "if it can shine 16.8 million colours (maybe not the Kone, some other mice do), it just has to shine white too"

Well, it sort of does, but just not equal in every space of the color spectrum because well, those led's aren't perfect.

If you want an RGB led where every color is equally presented you'll need quite high-end ones and they are quite expensive.

Too expensive to put into most hardware...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Well, it sort of does, but just not equal in every space of the color spectrum because well, those led's aren't perfect.

If you want an RGB led where every color is equally presented you'll need quite high-end ones and they are quite expensive.

Too expensive to put into most hardware...

Hmm 

Either way I did what you suggested (not really, I only turned red down, might do blue next) and it's a bearable purple-ish white now. Thanks :D

The different colors in an RGB LED usually aren't capable of exactly the same levels of illumination. In your case it sounds like the red element is slightly brighter at maximum than the green and blue elements. If you want it to produce a white light you are going to have to fine tune the individual colors until you find the right settings.

On ‎23‎-‎08‎-‎2017 at 5:29 PM, Squirrel724 said:

The different colors in an RGB LED usually aren't capable of exactly the same levels of illumination. In your case it sounds like the red element is slightly brighter at maximum than the green and blue elements. If you want it to produce a white light you are going to have to fine tune the individual colors until you find the right settings.

I got it to shine white but at the top it turns purple. It's really hard to take a pic and show you though. I guess I don't mind, a slight purple doesn't go too bad :P