Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A240G for AMD?

Go to solution Solved by Lord Nicoll,
13 minutes ago, Introoke said:

For many NVIDIA GPUs there is a complete watercooling solution from EK FLUID. This one: https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Is there something for AMD aswell? I'm searching for a watercooling solution like the A240G but for the MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G.

 

Thanks for your answers!

Not presently, but I'm sure EK will release VEGA blocks, I don't know if they'll release a Fluid Gaming line too, but they probably will. 

13 minutes ago, Introoke said:

For many NVIDIA GPUs there is a complete watercooling solution from EK FLUID. This one: https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Is there something for AMD aswell? I'm searching for a watercooling solution like the A240G but for the MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G.

 

Thanks for your answers!

Not presently, but I'm sure EK will release VEGA blocks, I don't know if they'll release a Fluid Gaming line too, but they probably will. 

Yours faithfully

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2017 at 1:00 PM, Introoke said:

For many NVIDIA GPUs there is a complete watercooling solution from EK FLUID. This one: https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Is there something for AMD aswell? I'm searching for a watercooling solution like the A240G but for the MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G.

 

Thanks for your answers!

 

We'll have a VEGA block in a bit under 2 months for our Fluid Gaming line but we won't have anything for the earlier AMD models.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EK Luc said:

 

We'll have a VEGA block in a bit under 2 months for our Fluid Gaming line but we won't have anything for the earlier AMD models.

is the block with the MSI 390 gaming 8g compatible? How much will it cost roughly?

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EK Luc said:

 

We'll have a VEGA block in a bit under 2 months for our Fluid Gaming line but we won't have anything for the earlier AMD models.

and the whole kit with a pump, reservoir and radiator is only 170€, and your block for the gpu alone is like 150€ https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/full-cover-for-amd-radeon/radeon-rx-300-series

 

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Introoke said:

and the whole kit with a pump, reservoir and radiator is only 170€, and your block for the gpu alone is like 150€ https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/full-cover-for-amd-radeon/radeon-rx-300-series

 

That is the copper block he is talking about the aluminum block/kit for the fluid gaming line. which will cost less. I would expect the A240G will become 2 skus with one for AMD and one for Nvidia at the same price points now.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Introoke said:

is the block with the MSI 390 gaming 8g compatible? How much will it cost roughly?

No vega blocks won't fit your 390. If you still want to watercool that 390, you will have to get a full copper waterloop kit such as the Ek P240 kit + seperate gpu block which will cost you about €400 to €500 depending on which kit you choose. 

58 minutes ago, Introoke said:

and the whole kit with a pump, reservoir and radiator is only 170€, and your block for the gpu alone is like 150€ https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/full-cover-for-amd-radeon/radeon-rx-300-series

 

That's because the ek fluid kits are aluminium and the waterblock you linked is copper. You can't mix aluminium and copper in a waterloop. If I were you, I would do some research first before attempting a waterloop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.8.2017 at 4:41 PM, MkaiL said:

No vega blocks won't fit your 390. If you still want to watercool that 390, you will have to get a full copper waterloop kit such as the Ek P240 kit + seperate gpu block which will cost you about €400 to €500 depending on which kit you choose. 

That's because the ek fluid kits are aluminium and the waterblock you linked is copper. You can't mix aluminium and copper in a waterloop. If I were you, I would do some research first before attempting a waterloop.

I knew this, I only wanted to show a comparison in terms of the price, because the whole loop costs about 200€ and the gpu block aline about 160€..

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Introoke said:

I knew this, I only wanted to show a comparison in terms of the price, because the whole loop costs about 200€ and the gpu block aline about 160€..

well the price difference of the A240 vs A240G is $80 USD so I would expect it to be that or maybe a little more ($90-$100).

 

I would assume CU blocks are 2x the cost of a ALU block.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×