Is it possible to be in law of a country if...

BigCake

...you received citizenship from a country? Lets make Canada as a base of this argument. I have always wondered if it was possible to be in governmental departments or join politics?

In general yes it is.  Some positions may require you to be born in that country though.  In the United States to be president you have to have been born here.

Any citizen can be a governor for example.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

1 hour ago, rmac52 said:

In general yes it is.  Some positions may require you to be born in that country though.  In the United States to be president you have to have been born here.

Any citizen can be a governor for example.

Actually, I think the rule for becoming a President is being a citizen for x amount of years (15, I believe), along a couple of other things. Otherwise correct.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The specifics of this would very dramatically nation to nation.  You'd have to look it up on a nation by nation basis.

26 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Actually, I think the rule for becoming a President is being a citizen for x amount of years (15, I believe), along a couple of other things. Otherwise correct.

Have to be a natural born citizen and be a resident for 15 years. And also be 35+

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Generally yes with some exceptions. For instances in the United States naturalized citizens can run for Senate or Congress or any position really except for the Presidency because there's a constitutional requirement that the US president has to be born a US citizen. I have no idea how it works in other countries though.