How do players get comfortable at LAN events?

Hey,

I was wondering how pro fps players (CSGO for example) are able to play so good on so many different setups? For me, I can't play if I'm in a chair that has huge armrests, I either remove the armrests on chairs I have all together or put them at the lowest height to go under the desk; another example is that I need said table or desk to be a certain depth so I can have my arms on the desk and not just my wrist dangling off of the side. 

Whenever I go to friends' houses, I mostly cannot play properly on their setups mainly due to one of the things I have said above. Even just a monitor of a different size to what I'm used to can throw me off.

Yet I have seen pro players do extremely well even though they are sitting in an awful chair and have a tiny, tiny table with no room to play on - how? 

5 minutes ago, Celios said:

Hey,

I was wondering how pro fps players (CSGO for example) are able to play so good on so many different setups? For me, I can't play if I'm in a chair that has huge armrests, I either remove the armrests on chairs I have all together or put them at the lowest height to go under the desk; another example is that I need said table or desk to be a certain depth so I can have my arms on the desk and not just my wrist dangling off of the side. 

Whenever I go to friends' houses, I mostly cannot play properly on their setups mainly due to one of the things I have said above. Even just a monitor of a different size to what I'm used to can throw me off.

Yet I have seen pro players do extremely well even though they are sitting in an awful chair and have a tiny, tiny table with no room to play on - how? 

It's their job.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

because they don't mind. i never complain about anyone's setup. it's theirs and you just use it without complaining.

this is a real first world problem.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

The only peripheral I need to use in any setup is my mouse, which is a wireless mouse that's pretty easy to bring along. After that it just takes a bit of warm up and then I can play competitively.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Chairs on top level events are "gaming" chairs nowadays. Many options on adjusting, and staff to help out. For most important things are mouse, keyboard, mousepad and config file (pre-check by admins).

If you ever go to amateur tournament where its BYOC or if lucky with sponsored gear, chairs are bad, tables are bad, noise everywhere etc. You must get used to all that and tune it out. Thats why pro's can concentrate in every sport.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's because they did it so many times before. LAN is really different than online because it's not their setup at all plus they might be playing in front a crowd. However event organizers have tried to amend some of this by providing top-of-the-line chairs, monitors, computers, etc. On top of that they're allowed to bring their own gear with them to the event. 

So yeah, it's just getting used to it and being mobile with your setup.

fruit salads are great.

On 17/08/2017 at 2:27 AM, Celios said:

how?

try taking off your clothes

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Dont think their own chairs at home differ so much from lan events. And offcourse the experience of going to a lot of LANs makes players more flexible. And some player always perform less on LAN compared to online. Some are just onliners.

Air conditioning and no AMD graphics cards. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers