Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it worth getting a S8 and installing a different launcher vs keeping it stock?

Are there any downsides or loss of features by installing a different launcher on the S8 or would I be better off getting a phone like the Pixel? 

it would be worth it, if you like good hardware, pixel 1 is "old", you can always wait for pixel 2, rumors say no headphone jack. 

Honestly TouchWiz isn't bad anymore. I have an s8 and have had stock firmware the whole time. But you can do it if you so please

Mark 16: 15

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCownI-zKOn2iXg9M5u2aApw

My Rig:

CPU: R7 1700

MOBO: Asrock ab350 Pro4

RAM: 8gb (2x4) Corsair 2666 ddr4

STORAGE: 1tb Toshiba HDD; 120 GB Toshiba SSD

GPU: GTX 1080 modded to be hybrid

PSU: CX750M

PERIPHERALS: Logitech G910; G502; Beyerdynamic DT 770; ModMic; Samsung 49in Ultrawide

CASE: Custom Wall Mounted

Other Devices:

iPad Pro 11 inch w/ Pencil

iPhone 11

Samsung Galaxy S8

Nintendo Switch

touchwiz is disgusting. i always immediately switch to Nova Launcher.  S8 seems like a decent phone though.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

touchwiz is disgusting. i always immediately switch to Nova Launcher.  S8 seems like a decent phone though.

Honestly on the s8 it isn't bad at all. Especially with the dark theme

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

My Rig:

PERIPHERALS: Logitech G910; G502; Beyerdynamic DT 770; ModMic; Samsung 49in Ultrawide

Other Devices:

iPhone 11

Samsung Galaxy S8

Nintendo Switch

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Honestly on the s8 it isn't bad at all. Especially with the dark theme

ill admit i havent seen it on the S8. but i use an S7 Edge as my daily driver, and touch wiz was as bad as it was on my S4.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

ill admit i havent seen it on the S8. but i use an S7 Edge as my daily driver, and touch wiz was as bad as it was on my S4.

The s8 is actually a huge improvement. Not quite stock but this is coming from someone who loves the Motorola firmware, which is essentially stock with a few bonuses.

My Rig:

Other Devices:

iPhone 11

Samsung Galaxy S8

Nintendo Switch

The s8 is actually a huge improvement. Not quite stock but this is coming from someone who loves the Motorola firmware, which is essentially stock with a few bonuses.

i ran with CyanogenMod on my S4 for years, so im used to truely stock android.

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

i ran with CyanogenMod on my S4 for years, so im used to truely stock android.

Yea, I was worried about TouchWiz since I realized I couldn't flash the phone but I've grown used to it. But if you really love stock you might not like it, although it's sorta close. The s9 will probably be much better and almost stock, or maybe with an option to run stock at setup

My Rig:

Other Devices:

iPhone 11

Samsung Galaxy S8

Nintendo Switch

Yea, I was worried about TouchWiz since I realized I couldn't flash the phone but I've grown used to it. But if you really love stock you might not like it, although it's sorta close. The s9 will probably be much better and almost stock, or maybe with an option to run stock at setup

Ill probably end up flashing my 7edge once i get around to it. ive just been super lazy

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

Ill probably end up flashing my 7edge once i get around to it. ive just been super lazy

Yea the s7e firmware looks pretty bad. I definitely would. (Although you might lose the edge feature, I never use that)

My Rig:

Other Devices:

iPhone 11

Samsung Galaxy S8

Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Yea the s7e firmware looks pretty bad. I definitely would. (Although you might lose the edge feature, I never use that)

the only time i use the edge feature is when its completely by accident lol

|Specs in profile|