Tower 900 Build (2019) new pics halfway down page 1

2 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

You know before I saw your build on google images I was about to cancel my first time build because I couldn't get this case because the case weighted too much and the store couldn't get the courier to ship to me until I saw your beautiful build and I was like damn it I will have to import this beauty from the USA then.

Haha, I know how you feel. The shipping on this case from the US was $300, but luckily I found one online company here that had it for a reasonable price. Most of them were going for $500-600 at first. It’s one hell of an awesome case to build in, but not $600 awesome. 

Also, I’m surprised you found this on Google images, that’s funny. 

14 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Ah, I’ve seen that build before, but it’s just the fittings that are RGB, right? I considered those, but I’m very selective when it comes to fittings since some brands have been known to leak more than others. I’ve never used Thermaltake’s fittings, so if you give them a shot and find out they’re reliable, let me know. Maybe I’ll make the switch when redo everything next year. I figure I’ll try something new every time I upgrade my GPU, which I do once a year.

Yes those RGB fittings I will try out.

My build is going to be:

Case: Thermal the tower 900 snow edition

Motherboard: Asrock z390 phantom gaming 9 (I bought the msi z390 meg ace but I'm returning it) 

CPU: intel i9 9900k

GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti EK edition

Radiators: EKWB 560 (I'm returning 480mm for 560mm)

FItting: RGB fitting from thermaltake (and more degree fitting from your build)

Reservoir: thermaltake rgb pump/res

RAM: g skill trident z rgb 3600 32gb

CPU water block: EKWB ek-velocity d-rgb nickel+plexi RGB

power supply: EVGA 1600w titanium

What you think?

1 minute ago, HC32KING said:

Yes those RGB fittings I will try out.

My build is going to be:

Case: Thermal the tower 900 snow edition

Motherboard: Asrock z390 phantom gaming 9 (I bought the msi z390 meg ace but I'm returning it) 

CPU: intel i9 9900k

GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti EK edition

Radiators: EKWB 560 (I'm returning 480mm for 560mm)

FItting: RGB fitting from thermaltake (and more degree fitting from your build)

Reservoir: thermaltake rgb pump/res

RAM: g skill trident z rgb 3600

CPU water block: EKWB ek-velocity d-rgb nickel+plexi RGB

power supply: EVGA 1600w titanium

What you think?

I think that will be a hell of an overclocker! I hope you’re planning on posting pics.

I like your radiator pick. There aren’t many cases that can handle a beast like that, but if you own a case that supports it, why settle for anything less? Haha. By the way, are you planning on having a single or double loop? 

Also, I’m definitely not one to frown upon overkill parts, but is there a reason you’re going for a 1600w power supply? 

9 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Haha, I know how you feel. The shipping on this case from the US was $300, but luckily I found one online company here that had it for a reasonable price. Most of them were going for $500-600 at first. It’s one hell of an awesome case to build in, but not $600 awesome. 

Also, I’m surprised you found this on Google images, that’s funny. 

Hahaha yeah just type the tower 900 on google images and you'll find your build. If I type thermaltake tower 900 I wouldn't find your build.

Capture.PNG

23 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

I think that will be a hell of an overclocker! I hope you’re planning on posting pics.

I like your radiator pick. There aren’t many cases that can handle a beast like that, but if you own a case that supports it, why settle for anything less? Haha. By the way, are you planning on having a single or double loop? 

Also, I’m definitely not one to frown upon overkill parts, but is there a reason you’re going for a 1600w power supply? 

double loop for sure. 2 rgb reservoirs. I don't know why I want to go 1600w but I may go down to 1300w. I should be getting 800w but 1300w or 1600w for future proofing because I might go sli. 

And the case that I bought is from USA and the shipping is only 77 USD to ship to Western Australia. I think that's too good to be true but I'll be waiting for a reply back from seller once the case has been ship or the seller may cancel due to shipping cost not being accurate. I've seen this case selling on ebay with a shipping cost of over 300 USD.

tth.PNG

36 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

double loop for sure. 2 rgb reservoirs. I don't know why I want to go 1600w but I may go down to 1300w. I should be getting 800w but 1300w or 1600w for future proofing because I might go sli. 

And the case that I bought is from USA and the shipping is only 77 USD to ship to Western Australia. I think that's too good to be true but I'll be waiting for a reply back from seller once the case has been ship or the seller may cancel due to shipping cost not being accurate. I've seen this case selling on ebay with a shipping cost of over 300 USD.

tth.PNG

Yeah, $77 is hard to believe. It’s certainly the heaviest case I’ve ever worked with, so that’d be a steal shipping wise. I hope that works out for you, though.

You guys in Australia have it just as bad as the PC guys here in Japan from what I’ve heard. In regard to prices, I mean. 

1 hour ago, zubiecup99 said:

Yeah, $77 is hard to believe. It’s certainly the heaviest case I’ve ever worked with, so that’d be a steal shipping wise. I hope that works out for you, though.

You guys in Australia have it just as bad as the PC guys here in Japan from what I’ve heard. In regard to prices, I mean. 

Ow yeah what 4K monitor do you have now?

22 hours ago, HC32KING said:

Ow yeah what 4K monitor do you have now?

Now that I’m satisfied with the PC, I'm going to start saving up for a monitor. I’m hoping they’ll announce a 144hz 32 inch 4K Gsync monitor with HDR sometime in the near future. Otherwise, I’ll just go with the PG27UQ. For now, I’m just using a Sony 4K HDR TV I bought here in Japan. It works, but I really miss having a responsive monitor with a fast refresh rate. I had to leave mine back in the States.

If anyone wants to see the delidded 7820X, here it is: 

B09943AD-15FB-4254-A335-3B9BDACA7CB5.jpeg

010252ED-E320-4B73-8F37-2AC29CF95A7D.png

The Trident Z Royal RAM is really beautiful, in my opinion, but I can understand that some might find it gaudy, haha.

8E6A1995-5DD6-4BA0-9263-0B1046177900.jpeg

35 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Now that I’m satisfied with the PC, I'm going to start saving up for a monitor. I’m hoping they’ll announce a 144hz 32 inch 4K Gsync monitor with HDR sometime in the near future. Otherwise, I’ll just go with the PG27UQ. For now, I’m just using a Sony 4K HDR TV I bought here in Japan. It works, but I really miss having a responsive monitor with a fast refresh rate. I had to leave mine back in the States.

I got the asus IPS 144hz 1440p monitor and I'm waiting for a g sync OLED big screen tv. If I were you I wouldn't get the pg27qu because people complain about the fan noise but if you wear headphone most of the time you wouldn't care. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, zubiecup99 said:

Oh, nice. That’s cool to see!

hey I'm wondering what the top of the case look like. The motherboard I/O section I mean. Is it hard to open the top section to get to the motherboard's I/O? How does it open I always wonder.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:55 PM, HC32KING said:

hey I'm wondering what the top of the case look like. The motherboard I/O section I mean. Is it hard to open the top section to get to the motherboard's I/O? How does it open I always wonder.

No, it’s pretty easy to open it, and it snaps back into place easily, as well. 

The only thing is that that I haven’t cable managed much there on top since the keyboard and mouse wires stretch from the I/O all the way to the back of the case. 

AA4D2822-85ED-4119-9C02-605CF16C9B61.jpeg

60993D86-7CBE-4C57-B582-C022C7AA9C61.jpeg

Here’s how the cables come out from the back when the top is on.

3633141B-69FF-4BDB-8B78-BF1790A81619.jpeg

13 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Here’s how the cables come out from the back when the top is on.

3633141B-69FF-4BDB-8B78-BF1790A81619.jpeg

Perfect!

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, zubiecup99 said:

332A05D4-9B79-4EA7-B4AC-FE370D00C246.jpeg

DBC150C3-FC56-414B-891F-DFB1308BCD1A.jpeg

FC60CDFE-0F3B-47D8-9D57-1B1F721F6F78.jpeg

Are you using UV coolant?

18 hours ago, HC32KING said:

Are you using UV coolant?

Yes, I am actually. However, I do not have UV lighting in my PC. 

Here’s a short video I posted on YouTube. I think it’s easier to see the what the colors actually look like. I feel like the green looks way brighter in pictures than it should. Just make sure you don’t watch it through a mobile browser since the colors will still look off and it won’t be in higher resolution. 

https://youtu.be/Pc9_jshYRLI

3 hours ago, zubiecup99 said:

Yes, I am actually. However, I do not have UV lighting in my PC. 

Here’s a short video I posted on YouTube. I think it’s easier to see the what the colors actually look like. I feel like the green looks way brighter in pictures than it should. Just make sure you don’t watch it through a mobile browser since the colors will still look off and it won’t be in higher resolution. 

https://youtu.be/Pc9_jshYRLI

I heard those UV coolant are not compatible with aluminum radiators. Has your parts been damage from the coolant? Btw I just found out thermaltake made a second version of RGB fittings! looks dope!: https://ttpremium.com.au/product/cl-w185-cu00bl-a/

1 hour ago, HC32KING said:

I heard those UV coolant are not compatible with aluminum radiators. Has your parts been damage from the coolant? Btw I just found out thermaltake made a second version of RGB fittings! looks dope!: https://ttpremium.com.au/product/cl-w185-cu00bl-a/

Ah, it’s fine. I have copper radiators. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-ce-560-quad

And I’ll keep those fittings in mind for next year’s version. They look pretty cool. 

7 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Ah, it’s fine. I have copper radiators. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-ce-560-quad

And I’ll keep those fittings in mind for next year’s version. They look pretty cool. 

Hey is those side fans in your case intaking air or exhaust? And what about the rear fans?

2 hours ago, HC32KING said:

Hey is those side fans in your case intaking air or exhaust? And what about the rear fans?

Those are for intake. The 560mm rads are on the inside of the case, so the air gets pulled in through the sides of the case and heads out through the top. 

I’m not sure which rear fans you’re talking about, though. There is space for two more fans in the very back, but I haven’t placed any there, yet. I’m guessing that’s what you’re referring to. 

5 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Those are for intake. The 560mm rads are on the inside of the case, so the air gets pulled in through the sides of the case and heads out through the top. 

I’m not sure which rear fans you’re talking about, though. There is space for two more fans in the very back, but I haven’t placed any there, yet. I’m guessing that’s what you’re referring to. 

Yes the back fans. 

Just now, HC32KING said:

Yes the back fans. 

I might try putting some of my extra fans there to see if that improves airflow. If it does, I’ll get some Riings to place there, as well. I’m really happy with my temps, so I hadn’t given it much thought.