Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing Corsair 570X Included RGB Fans

Tyrael

Hey there, I was hoping to get the Corsair 570X Case but have read that the RGB on the front fans isn't really the best, and considering all of the other RGB in my build can be synced through Asus Aura I was hoping to be able to swap them out for more compatible fans. Does anyone know if I can swap those fans out for ones compatible with Asus Aura and whether it would be too difficult or have a unappealing outcome?

Thanks!

Just now, Max_Settings said:

In what computer case ever can you not swap fans???

Apple ones. Actually though, you can, if you wanna drill your own holes in beautiful aluminium panels....

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Current Rig

Spoiler

i7 6950X - EVGA X99 Classified - 4x8GB 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 - 2060 Super FE - 1TB 970 Evo + 1TB MX500 - LG WH14NS40 BluRay Drive - EVGA 1000W G3 - Corsair Air 540 - Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000 (rear) + 3x Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM (radiator) - LG 27UK650-W (27" 4K60hz) - Custom CPU/GPU Loop w/single 360mm rad - Windows 10

Project Rig (WIP)

Spoiler

Xeon I forgot the name of - NH-L12S - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 4x4GB 2800MHz DDR4 - WX2100 2GB - 256GB 960 Evo - Flex-ATX PSU - Old Dell OEM case - Noctua 80mm fans - probably will be Windows or Ubuntu

Daily Devices: 2015 15" MacBook Pro (Work Laptop) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch Series 3 (if I don't forget to put it on) || Other Misc Devices: iPod Classic 5th Gen 30GB- iPod Classic 7th Gen 80GB - Nintendo Switch - Switch Lite - Wii U

1 minute ago, Tyrael said:

Hey there, I was hoping to get the Corsair 570X Case but have read that the RGB on the front fans isn't really the best, and considering all of the other RGB in my build can be synced through Asus Aura I was hoping to be able to swap them out for more compatible fans. Does anyone know if I can swap those fans out for ones compatible with Asus Aura and whether it would be too difficult or have a unappealing outcome?

Thanks!

You can swap them out quite easily but as for options that work with Aura sync that is more limited, as of currently Coolermaster's master Pro and Akasa Vegas X7 are the few options out there. 

It's super easy, I recommend the cooler master rgb fans as they are the only decent rgb fans that can sync with aura.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

In what computer case ever can you not swap fans???

The only reason I ask is because the case has two built in rgb controllers and I didnt know if they would be hardwired into those for some reason and would have to start cutting cords!

5 minutes ago, Tyrael said:

The only reason I ask is because the case has two built in rgb controllers and I didnt know if they would be hardwired into those for some reason and would have to start cutting cords!

you should be able to without cutting cords, every case I have built in with lighting controllers just uses a separate header for the lights. Just connect the fan cables and rgb cables of the new fans where you want (fan controller or motherboard header and aura). the only downside would be that if you have buttons on the case they will be useless (but then you can repurpose them for other mods in the future).

21 minutes ago, y0y0ninja said:

you should be able to without cutting cords, every case I have built in with lighting controllers just uses a separate header for the lights. Just connect the fan cables and rgb cables of the new fans where you want (fan controller or motherboard header and aura). the only downside would be that if you have buttons on the case they will be useless (but then you can repurpose them for other mods in the future).

I'm fine with that honestly, mostly because I wouldnt really want to use just the 8 preset colors and 3 modes (2 of which are bad) with no other control. Ill look into re-purposing them later though, that would be pretty dope.

7 minutes ago, Tyrael said:

I'm fine with that honestly, mostly because I wouldnt really want to use just the 8 preset colors and 3 modes (2 of which are bad) with no other control. Ill look into re-purposing them later though, that would be pretty dope.

I didn't have any buttons to work with, but I added a momentary button to my CM HAF X and internalized a wireless xbox 360 controller adapter. Now I just press the button on the outside of my case to pair up to 4 controllers. Just an example of a useful mod that could utilize that button :)

Hello there!

So you are able to completely remove the 3-button controller just by pulling the cables. They're snap fit and easy to remove and replace. You could actually go for the HD Series fans and the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, then utilize our CORSAIR CUE software. You can get results like in the background video shown here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/commander-pro and here: 

Look at all the pretty colors!

3 hours ago, Tyrael said:

Thanks!

Oh by the way! I was building a rig today and I noticed that our VENGEANCE RGB memory was seen by ASUS AURA software. I had an ASUS motherboard and a 1080 Ti Strix card in there as well, and all three components were synced in their color changing sequence. I thought it was neat!

I can't make any further comments on AURA itself as it is their software only they can give you more information on it, but yeah, I just wanted to chime in with that.