Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber [UPDATE] Author Fired

matrix07012

OP you might want to include something about the leaked screenshots proving that the SJW's within Google are actually creating blacklists and working to destroy the careers of anyone who has a different political opinion than them.

http://voxday.blogspot.com.ar/2017/08/suppressing-dissent-at-google.html

This was far more than a witch hunt, it was mob "justice."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

You do realise that sociology is much larger than just gender and politics?   It is the foundation of all research that corporations use to guide product development. It is essentially at the core of how everyone understands their place, whether that is a positive perception or negative is irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, your appraisal of society is sociology in action.  The difference is that trained researchers look at as many people as they can before analyzing the data while your opinion is only representative of your perception.   

Calling sociology BS while using sociological arguments is flawed.   Just becasue there are a handful that don't get it or misrepresent it, doesn't mean the other 99% are stupid enough to think a flawed process is legitimate.

It's more than just a handful but I mostly agree with your points: Politically motivated professors exist in Academia but their overall impact in society at large and even within their field of Study is greatly exaggerated by the "Culture Warriors" like Sargon of Akkad, to the point of paranoid persecusion complexes in fact: "EVERYTHING is Marxist, EVERYTHING is Social Justice agenda and you have to point it ALL out" 

-------

Current Rig

-------

21 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

OP you might want to include something about the leaked screenshots proving that the SJW's within Google are actually creating blacklists and working to destroy the careers of anyone who has a different political opinion than them.

James Damore, who has a PhD in Biology from Harvard and therefore is unlikely to be opining in ignorance,

Considering that Damore doesn't have a PhD, yet this article is two days old without being corrected, I rather have to question the overall quality of research in the article as a whole.

And it's not like the article hasn't even updated.  It has at least two updates including the author adding 'Welcome to the home of the Evil Legion of Evil' like some twenty year old edge lord living in his mother's basement but he apparently can't find the time to correct his falsely crediting the subject of his article with a doctorate...

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Considering that Damore doesn't have a PhD, yet this article is two days old without being corrected, I rather have to question the overall quality of research in the article as a whole.

And it's not like the article hasn't even updated.  It has at least two updates including the author adding 'Welcome to the home of the Evil Legion of Evil' like some twenty year old edge lord living in his mother's basement but he apparently can't find the time to correct his falsely crediting the subject of his article with a doctorate...

Interesting development: The author of the paper Damore based his rant off actually disagrees with him:

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/google-fires-engineer-over-anti-diversity-memo

Schmitt told WIRED that while this isn't his area of expertise, the assumptions made by Damore were unwise. "We should rely on rigorous evidence for making claims in this area. And I believe there is good evidence of both sexism (including sex stereotypes) and real psychological sex differences (some of which may be evolved) to be causes of the gender gaps across occupations," he said.

"Both can be true, and we need much better evidence to know what percentage of the gender gap is caused by each. To make matters worse, it's likely that psychological sex differences and sex stereotypes are interrelated, feeding off of one another in complex ways over historical time, and over developmental time as children grow up. There are no simple answers here."

In response to the memo, Schmitt also wrote a blog post on Psychology Today, explaining that it was not clear how much sex differences are relevant to the Google workplace. "Using someone’s biological sex to essentialise an entire group of people’s personality is like surgically operating with an axe. Not precise enough to do much good, probably will cause a lot of harm. Moreover, men are more emotional than women in certain ways, too. Sex differences in emotion depend on the type of emotion, how it is measured, where it is expressed, when it is expressed, and lots of other contextual factors."

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 8/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Okjoek said:

I personally don't get why the tech industry is so male dominant, but I have a hard time believing that it's sexism or discrimination. Personally I get the feeling that females don't like anything that distracts us from paying attention to them. Probably a wrong observation, but whatever...

I don't consider social justice as big a problem as economic justice, and economic justice... well let's just say I'm waiting for machines to take so many jobs that capitalism becomes anemic and cannot circulate the very blood it needs to function.

As someone who went through an engineering program at multiple schools during my undergraduate, there just aren't that many females that enter those programs.

The ones that do, however, normally get a bit of favoritism, because the faculty really wants them to succeed to add more females to the engineering work force.

Now that I work in the field, I can see that there are not that many women in it. However, most of the ones I work with are EXTREMELY SKILLED at what they do. They are also typically much older. I encounter next to none in my age group (<35).

That's a small sample size, but I don't think the industry itself is against female workers. They actually seem to promote it.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

You do realise that sociology is much larger than just gender and politics?   It is the foundation of all research that corporations use to guide product development. It is essentially at the core of how everyone understands their place, whether that is a positive perception or negative is irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, your appraisal of society is sociology in action.  The difference is that trained researchers look at as many people as they can before analyzing the data while your opinion is only representative of your perception.   

Calling sociology BS while using sociological arguments is flawed.   Just becasue there are a handful that don't get it or misrepresent it, doesn't mean the other 99% are stupid enough to think a flawed process is legitimate.

That's call social psychology. Sociology is bullshit also if my argument using sociology is bullshit that in turn makes sociology itself still bullshit

Edit: you also failed to see the irony and sarcasm of my post. Used sociology as a argument because it so easily destroys itself. Much like a lot of psych research can have holes poked in it to the point of it being useless from just the amount of confounds in the data.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

The humanities in general have become left wing echo chambers. If I'm remembering stats 20% of humanities teachers where self proclaimed Marxists and like 95% are left leaning. 

Yes sir

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Google: "We welcome all views! conservatives feel welcome too!"

also Google: *fires employee who makes views known* 

You can't just say you welcome all views then fire the guy for making his views known. That's NOT how this works. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

1 minute ago, Liltrekkie said:

Google: "We welcome all views! conservatives feel welcome too!"

also Google: *fires employee who makes views known* 

You can't just say you welcome all views then fire the guy for making his views known. That's NOT how this works. 

It's a lot like police entrapment. Hey we are tolerant of other views. *Fires all conservative right leaning people, then goes off to suck islams dick*

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's a lot like police entrapment. Hey we are tolerant of other views. *Fires all conservative right leaning people, then goes off to suck islams dick*

I don't think it'd put it as harshly as that, but yeah pretty much. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

Nurses make a lot of money. Some make more than engineers. Why is there no massive push to get more male workers in the nursing force?

1 minute ago, Liltrekkie said:

I don't think it'd put it as harshly as that, but yeah pretty much. 

As a member of the LGBT I have a special hatred in my heart for Islam. Contrary to popular belief we don't like being tortured, killed, or throw off roofs. I hate how the left constantly demonizes the west and our great society then puts a tribalistic third world shit hole above any criticism. I would gladly pay for the plain ticket for the two lesbians in my class to go to the middle East and experience it for themselves but I don't want to be responsible for what happens to them from those people.

1 minute ago, Eaglerino said:

Nurses make a lot of money. Some make more than engineers. Why is there no massive push to get more male workers in the nursing force?

Actually they are more willing to hire a male for a nurse job because they can lift patients easier. While they don't go out and say it they do push for more male nurse just don't advertise it.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

The secret word there is 'Union'.

I meant the ones that make $75 and sometimes $200 an hour when they're on call, and I'm pretty sure they aren't in unions. This is in my area, probably different for other places. I don't know any engineer personally that makes that much

15 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

I meant the ones that make $75 and sometimes $200 an hour when they're on call, and I'm pretty sure they aren't in unions.

They most certainly are.  In the United States nearly all nurses are unionized and they are of the largest and most powerful unions in the United States.  The NNU alone has more than 150 000 members alone.  They are large, powerful bargaining units, they are backed by their dues and they can afford highly skilled negotiators, lawyers, and financial advisers, all of which sit next to them at the table when they negotiate their wages.  How the heck else do you think they get good wages like that?  They organized to make it happen.

And that's why you don't make $75/hr or more, but they can.

2 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

Are aware of the Gender equality paradox?

I'm not, enlighten me pls

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Oh shit, i'll give it a watch

10 hours ago, Notional said:

Here's what 4 scientists have to say about it:

https://archive.is/VlNfl#selection-1275.0-1275.11 (main site is down, so I use an archive link, org link: http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/).

It's interesting that a woman actually in STEM, is not offended, but agree. Imagine that.

Seems like someone didn't want this article out. Site was down due to DDOS:

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Are aware of the Gender equality paradox?

He fails to also realise that men that go into female fields such as pre school, day care, and some cases teaching are seen as pedos for no reason.

26 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

You'd be surprised, i'm a man and there is some favoritism in regards to nursing; there's definitely no massive push for men to go into nursing but internally it's almost the same diversity quota situation.

23 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

I meant the ones that make $75 and sometimes $200 an hour when they're on call, and I'm pretty sure they aren't in unions. This is in my area, probably different for other places. I don't know any engineer personally that makes that much

Maybe a CRNA or nurse practitioner, but your average LPN/RN isn't going to make anywhere near $200/h.

6 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

He fails to also realise that men that go into female fields such as pre school, day care, and some cases teaching are seen as pedos for no reason.

Yeah if you're a male nurse and want to work in pediatrics, good luck

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

It's almost like a cult huh?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Anybody else thinks this happened in a strange weird timing when couple of reports surfaced that Google was accused of paying less to Woman in the company in general also google refusing to release documents relating to it & this little stunt popped out into the light out of "nowhere" suddenly people are talking about this instead , Just saying , Keep this Caveat in mind . :ph34r:

misdirection.gif

#Misdirection

Details separate people.