Should I buy 32GB DDR4?

So I was checking out some retail store that sells discounted products that are practically still brand new.

I found a box full of 2133MHz DDR4 16GB sticks from Kingston. They're selling them for about $60 a stick.

I was checked my system and thought I have 16GB, turns out my kit is only 4GBx2 3200MHz. A second kit now costs a whopping $200 locally.

Should I just scrap my G.Skill kit and get them 16GB 2133MHz ones?

Disclaimer: I don't have a use for more than 8GB at the moment, but with RAM prices going up, should I just buy these sticks? It would be really cheaper to get two sticks than spend on a second kit.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

32GB is a lot and not worth wasting your money on if you are not going to do tasks that require it  

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

16gb is the sweet spot if you just game and use normal daily pc tasks, beyond that is for content creation specifics.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 minutes ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

32GB is a lot and not worth wasting your money on if you are not going to do tasks that require it  

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

16gb is the sweet spot if you just game and use normal daily pc tasks, beyond that is for content creation specifics.

Yeah, but these are literally cheap AF.

Also, my motherboard has 4 slots, having only 1x16GB looks bad.

Additional Question: Do mainstream sticks like these work like kits when paired or not? I mean, will they split load properly even though they're sold individually and not like kits of 2 or 4?

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

If you have a Ryzen CPU, I'd stick with the faster memory. You don't really need more than 8GB. But if you're on an Intel platform, I'd go for it. You might be able to run the two 8GB sticks in one channel and the two 16GB sticks in another, and thus have 40GB of RAM. That is, if your motherboard supports it, and if you can slow down the 8GB kit.

Get one 16gb stick and sell your current 4x2 kit

Don't get 32 since you don't need it it will be a waste

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

Get one 16gb stick and sell your current 4x2 kit

Don't get 32 since you don't need it it will be a waste

Even one 16GB stick would be fine to last me 3 more years? Say I do some 4K rendering and stuff with Vegas Pro.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

7 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

Even one 16GB stick would be fine to last me 3 more years? Say I do some 4K rendering and stuff with Vegas Pro.

yea 16gb is fine

but for shit like 3ds max with vray like i do the minimum is 32gb

50 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

yea 16gb is fine

but for shit like 3ds max with vray like i do the minimum is 32gb

Hm, okay so I'll sell my kit then buy them 32s. Would there be a performance hit in games moving from 3200MHz to 2133MHz?

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

Hm, okay so I'll sell my kit then buy them 32s. Would there be a performance hit in games moving from 3200MHz to 2133MHz?

whats your cpu?

btw for video editing i think 16 will be fine

3ds max with vray is a cad software for making 3d models (btw vray plugin is to make more realistic renders but uses a shit ton of ram and cpu power)