BioWare veteran Corey Gaspur, lead designer on Anthem, has passed way

XTankSlayerX

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and colleague Corey Gaspur.

He was a member of our team for over nine years, and worked as a designer on many of our titles, including Sonic ChroniclesDragon Age: OriginsMass Effect 2 and 3, and most recently Anthem.

Corey was a talented designer and an even better person. We offer our condolences to Corey’s family and everyone that knew him.

We will miss you.

Family and friends have set up a fund to support Corey’s young son Cain.

I saw this earlier yesterday on their Twitter and forgot to dive in deeper as I didn't know whos working on Anthem.

I find when studios loose devs to be a lot sadder than losing a celeb or someone similar...

I wonder how this will affect the development of Anthem, hopefully, it can still keep going and be even better than ever 

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/31/remembering-corey-gaspur/

this is not good

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

16 minutes ago, ignaloidas said:

fix for light theme users

Those still exist past their 2nd login on the site?

Anyway, honestly, bioware is going to die before the end of 2018. It's a bit of a shame because there was some real talent behind the scenes. Some of their game designers had real passion and drive and could have made some excellent games if they werent held down by horrible writers, gameplay designers, publisher executives, and project leads pushing their backwards and actually racist/sexist ideology, "3rd Wave Feminism/Progressiveism". 

Bioware was good once, but they've been sick for a long time and we can all see that bell starting to toll. The tragic death of one of their anchor devs from better days just hurts them worse. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Damn, Anthem looks amazing! I havent been this pumped for a game in awhile, i hope this doesnt effect it too much and obv rip. 

How did he die?

Unfortunate, I could see this delaying the game at least a bit. The page asking for money to support his family is almost at $30,000 which is nice to see. 

2 hours ago, Atmos said:

Those still exist past their 2nd login on the site?

Not all of us hide in our parents basements  from all things producing light ;)

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

How did he die?

"Tragic circumstances". I'd guess car crash, perhaps some kind of camping disaster. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Unfortunate, I could see this delaying the game at least a bit. The page asking for money to support his family is almost at $30,000 which is nice to see. 

"Tragic circumstances". I'd guess car crash, perhaps some kind of camping disaster. 

I'll have you know I don't hide in a basement, but rather just my whole house... which I've blacked out entirely because of my backwards work and sleep schedule. Also the insomnia, but that's a whole different story. Dark theme youtube, LTT, google, and ontop of that running f.lux, well, what could be better? xD 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Umm I'll have you know my room isn't in the basement, it's on the top floor even if the lighting is about equivalent to that you'd expect to see in a basement.

Anyway on a much more serious note, it always sucks to lose skilled people. Especially if their death wasn't due to old age.

Edit:  See, I'm not the only vampire here.

I'll have you know I don't hide in a basement, but rather just my whole house... which I've blacked out entirely because of my backwards work and sleep schedule. Also the insomnia, but that's a whole different story. Dark theme youtube, LTT, google, and ontop of that running f.lux, well, what could be better? xD