PC crashing when playing games

FischerC

I haven't been having the issue with every game mainly overwatch and forza horizon 3 but borderlands 2 runs fine. I've tried running overwatch in window and it ran fine then when I put it into full-screen it crashed. (it always crashed when loading into a map) I just clean installed my gpu drivers and updated windows trying to fix it.

specs:

6600k (not OC)

msi 970 twin frozer V

8 gb ram

full list here

I was told by a friend to run a memtest and it came up with no errors

Edited by FischerC

Probably a driver issue. Uninstall GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall them

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Probably a driver issue. Uninstall GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall them

just did without any luck

1 minute ago, FischerC said:

just did without any luck

Do you use MSI Afterburner's (or Precision X's) overlay and is your GPU overclocked? If so, uninstall MSI Afterburner (Or Precision X) and see if it fixes the issue. If the issue persists, reinstall the game.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

The cpu is the main thing in use when loading maps from what I know so it could be the cpu.

^ ???

Anyways.  If GPU is overclocked that would cause that if done improperly.  Check for driver updates etc etc.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:41 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Do you use MSI Afterburner's (or Precision X's) overlay and is your GPU overclocked? If so, uninstall MSI Afterburner (Or Precision X) and see if it fixes the issue. If the issue persists, reinstall the game.

gpu is factory overclocked (i do have msi afterburner installed trying to monitor gpu) could reinstalling  the games help if it has spread to other games?

On 7/28/2017 at 7:34 PM, KyonEXE said:

^ ???

Anyways.  If GPU is overclocked that would cause that if done improperly.  Check for driver updates etc etc.

gpu is overvlocked from the factory and i clean reinstalled my gpu drivers  

Got any other cards to test?  It could be a bad card if it's not the drivers.  Check your hard drive as well if it crashes while loading, it may be corrupted files.. Maybe!  That one seems like a stretch, but that's how I roll ;)  Let me know what turns up.  

5 hours ago, KyonEXE said:

Got any other cards to test?  It could be a bad card if it's not the drivers.  Check your hard drive as well if it crashes while loading, it may be corrupted files.. Maybe!  That one seems like a stretch, but that's how I roll ;)  Let me know what turns up.  

don't have any other cards to test... i'll try to reinstall a game that keeps crashing 

If you've done any edits with video card configs in the nvidia control panel or the amd equivalent you should hit the restore default.  And let me know how the reinstall goes.

42 minutes ago, KyonEXE said:

If you've done any edits with video card configs in the nvidia control panel or the amd equivalent you should hit the restore default.  And let me know how the reinstall goes.

i just played some settings and kept the temp under 60 and it seems to be fine. also what is the speed of your gpu's fans under full load?

Hmm, I haven't looked at my fans on a full load yet.  Also not home so I will have to get back to you on that.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:48 AM, KyonEXE said:

so i reinstalled over watch and it crashed almost instantly