I need help with my microphone (w/ video)

Dyroo

Okay, so i bought these HyperX cloud headset like a year ago, and they run perfectly, including the microphone that it mutes whenever you lift it up, which is neat

Until yesterday, everything was working *fine*, until i downloaded this program named "VoiceMeeter", a program that letted you divide your jacks so you can have discord, music and skype from one jack, and the game sound for the other jack (and stream it with obs)

Well that didn't work, because now my microphone has an echo of it's own that persists *EVEN WHEN IT'S LIFTED AND MUTED*, so whenever i speak on discord, if i have loud music from foobar, it echoes in the microphone and everyone hears it, and it's annoying

The mute works, because when i lift it, and i hit it with my finger and all, it doesn't register the sound, but it registers every other sound coming from the computer (also my desktop speakers are turned off)

So basically i have echo on my microphone that, no matter what i do to the physical microphone, it registers it and everyone on the chat hears it

I uninstalled Voicemeeter, uninstalled the audio drivers, restarted, re-installed the audio drivers that i downloaded from the motherboard's company (ASUS, specifically for the B150-A.M2 motherboard), restarted again so i can make sure it's fixed, and it still has the echo.

I can turn on the acoustic echo cancellation, but the problem is, since my microphone has echo no matter what, it registers my voice as an echo, and it doesn't register my voice at all because of it.

This worked PERFECTLY right before i installed the program, so this VoiceMeeter screwed something up for my microphone and now i can't figure it out why it's causing it.

I really need help on this one, here's my specs if it helps any:

GPU: Nvidia GForce 1050 Ti

CPU: Intel Core I5 6500

HDD: WD Caviar Blue

PSU: EVGA 430w B

Headsets: Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger

Video explaining the situation (HAS NO AUDIO though)

2017-07-25 16-52-53.mp4

PS: When i lift up my microphone, i go to the discord voice settings, and it still captures sound, even though it clearly is muted because when i rub my finger on the actual microphone, it doesn't capture it; More so, it captures any sound that comes FROM the computer, so for some reason my microphone is capturing the internal sound of my PC.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?, i hate to mute my microphone because it plays back the sound from games and music.

The easiest way to fix this is to roll back your updates properly, instead of uninstalling them.

Boot into safe mode and type System Restore into the box. Select a restore point from before you installed the program that is giving you grief.

That may fix your issue. If not... well, it still seems like some kind of virtual audio cable is mixing your signals, so probably something in recording devices or playback devices is wonky.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

2 hours ago, AAJoe said:

The easiest way to fix this is to roll back your updates properly, instead of uninstalling them.

Boot into safe mode and type System Restore into the box. Select a restore point from before you installed the program that is giving you grief.

That may fix your issue. If not... well, it still seems like some kind of virtual audio cable is mixing your signals, so probably something in recording devices or playback devices is wonky.

Already tried a full system restore just prior to installing this program, and it didn't work.

I'm seriously lost as to just WHY this is happening, and i have stereo mix, Virtual Audio Cable and everything else is disabled in all devices...

@Dyroo - Try unplugging all your mics, headphones, mixers, etc.

Then record into Audacity and then into Discord and see if you can create the problem with the products physically unplugged. This will confirm for certainty sake that it is a piece of software that is causing the issue, allowing you to rule out any hardware issues. I bet high odds that it is software, as you expect, but best to be certain.

If it IS software... you're right, I'm out of ideas if you have every single capture and playback device disabled except for the ones you're using. I assume Listen to Device is off (not that it should cause this issue!)

One thing you may be able to do is actually delete the entire drivers and devices from your system and reinstall them, though I've never done this so... lets save that for the last straw and do a lot of research to make sure you can get them back easily :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 27/7/2017 at 1:40 PM, AAJoe said:

@Dyroo - Try unplugging all your mics, headphones, mixers, etc.

Then record into Audacity and then into Discord and see if you can create the problem with the products physically unplugged. This will confirm for certainty sake that it is a piece of software that is causing the issue, allowing you to rule out any hardware issues. I bet high odds that it is software, as you expect, but best to be certain.

If it IS software... you're right, I'm out of ideas if you have every single capture and playback device disabled except for the ones you're using. I assume Listen to Device is off (not that it should cause this issue!)

One thing you may be able to do is actually delete the entire drivers and devices from your system and reinstall them, though I've never done this so... lets save that for the last straw and do a lot of research to make sure you can get them back easily :)

I unplugged all physical headsets and speakers, and it still captured sound on Discord (and Audacity).

When i click on "hear this device" on my microphone, it's like i had Stereo Mix embedded into it for some damn reason

And yes, Listen to Device is off

Also, please tell how i can reinstall not only the realtek drivers but the ENTIRETY of the devices, because that "May" fix the problem