How to lower my mic levels?

OnionRings

I have a blue snowball, and I don't believe they own a program to control the volume, so how can I? It's too loud. My friends can hear me eating and pretty much everything I do, and you can hear my family in the background. 

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

, and you can hear my family in the background. 

I don't think I can hear your family really

Go to recording devices, should be a place to adjust mic volume 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't think I can hear your family really

Go to recording devices, should be a place to adjust mic volume 

You'd hear them if you were in my discord or in my streams, but really its more-so my own volume, you can hear my keyboard, me eating, breathing, lip smacking, everything I do.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

If background noise is such a concern you should go with a dynamic mic. Condenser mics are very sensitive and pick up everything. but there are a few things you can do with your mic now. First change your volume levels in recording devices > find your mic and right click on it > Properties > Levels. In discord make sure noise suppression is checked and change the sensitivity so it only picks up you. If you have OBS there's also an option for noise suppression. 

Just now, Wufflez said:

If background noise is such a concern you should go with a dynamic mic. Condenser mics are very sensitive and pick up everything. but there are a few things you can do with your mic now. First change your volume levels in recording devices > find your mic and right click on it > Properties > Levels. In discord make sure noise suppression is checked and change the sensitivity so it only picks up you. If you have OBS there's also an option for noise suppression. 

Will do thanks. New mic not an option right now.

CPU

Move it further away from you to stop it picking up your breathing. Discord and OBS each have their own microphone settings, aside from the built in Windows settings that Wufflez mentioned.

You can tweak the "noise gate" so that you have to hit a certain dB level for the microphone to "activate".

Or you can use push to talk like a normal person xD

14 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Move it further away from you to stop it picking up your breathing. Discord and OBS each have their own microphone settings, aside from the built in Windows settings that Wufflez mentioned.

You can tweak the "noise gate" so that you have to hit a certain dB level for the microphone to "activate".

Or you can use push to talk like a normal person xD

I totally forgot about PTT honestly. I might mess with the gate, my problem is I record with shadowplay, only on/off switch

CPU