High temperature on my aio

Hi, i recently purchased an id cooling icekimo aio, and when i put the aio on my system my temperature went crazy high, around 80c on idle, all the fan are working as it should be, but only one of the tube seems to carrying water and the other tube are completely empty, i want to ask if that the problem because i was inexperienced in aio .

5 minutes ago, blitzshockz said:

Hi, i recently purchased an id cooling icekimo aio, and when i put the aio on my system my temperature went crazy high, around 80c on idle, all the fan are working as it should be, but only one of the tube seems to carrying water and the other tube are completely empty, i want to ask if that the problem because i was inexperienced in aio .

The coolant must be pumped into the first tube, moving in the heatsink and get sucked into the second tube. There can't be "no water" in the second tube, otherwise it would be inside you computer. What it might be, is that there's not enough coolant (maybe it was an old part left in stock for ages?) and it might need to be refilled.

3 minutes ago, blitzshockz said:

that is not normal ...

but how do you know that one tube is empty ? do you have clear tubes so you can see the water?

or is it that one tube is warm AF and the other one staying cold? i had this issue with my first AIO wich i am trying to fix at the moment

Its probably one of the following issues:

1- The pump is faulty

2- The radiator is blocked

3- The plastic protector has been left on the block(I have done that before oops)

4- The tube is blocked, either its been cinked or there is some crud in it

To rule out the pump, put your head near the block and see how loud the whining noise is, this will tell you about the pump. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

9 minutes ago, blitzshockz said:

thats not really how aio's work. unless there is some massive defect. did you remove the plastic sheet at the bottom of the cpu cooler? i would rma the cooler.

no name brand coolers like that one are likely to have defects such as a dead pump or low coolant levels. return it to where ever you bought it.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

that is not normal ...

but how do you know that one tube is empty ? do you have clear tubes so you can see the water?

or is it that one tube is warm AF and the other one staying cold? i had this issue with my first AIO wich i am trying to fix at the moment

Yes, the other tube is warm and you can feel the water is running through it, but the other one is just empty for some reason

I would definitely double check you took the plastic sheet off the cpu block, also make sure you plugged everything in correctly. Beyond that I would return it.

2 minutes ago, blitzshockz said:

Yes, the other tube is warm and you can feel the water is running through it, but the other one is just empty for some reason

my guess is a big airbubble somewhere in the loop due to low coolant level

4 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

my guess is a big airbubble somewhere in the loop due to low coolant level

i think i knew what the problem is, gonna test it for a few moment

solved guys,i feel stupid to be honest, apparently it was the placement of the radiator, in the beginning i put the radiator in the back , now i put place it at the top of the case and the temperature is back to normal and stress test with intel burn for 5 minutes and it only top at  75c