Does my A/C just suck or is it my pc?

Pcinacan

So in my upstairs its about 79 and the targeted temp is 72. It is 84 outside. So i have been mining 24/7 in my upstairs that has 3 rooms. Is my computer actually putting out all the head or does my ac just suck?

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

well depends.

how powerful is your air conditioner?

what's in your mining machine?

how big are the rooms?

how cool was it before you started mining?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

well depends.

how powerful is your air conditioner?

what's in your mining machine?

how big are the rooms?

how cool was it before you started mining?

Im just using my 970 and i dont know know the size of my ac right now and also dont know the size of my rooms. I should probably just stop mining for like a day and see.  

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Well probably a combination of both. I had my desktop in a room that has pretty decent ac and it heated the room up quite a bit. Without the pc the room is cool at the set temp. I have had the same pc in a room with really good ac and it didn't affect the temp of the room at all.

Chances are its a smaller unit, probably something like 5 or 6,000 BTU which is fine for normal conditions, but yes.. your computer is putting out a ton of heat. I have my AC in my room set to 70 targeted temp and when I game I can feel it get warmer in here even with the AC running. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Same thing for me here, target temps are around 71 degrees and with my system (i7 4790K and GTX 970) playing games, it can get pretty toasty: 78-81 Fah. (27 Celsius) 

my computer puts out a TON of heat and I dont mine, 2 hours of gaming and my room goes get noticeably hotter. walking from my room to the hallway right out my door is like summer and fall diffrence 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

11 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

i dont know know the size of my ac right now and also dont know the size of my rooms.

Without knowing the BTU rating of the air conditioner or the square footage being cooled, no one here can really answer your question.

there are so many things that effect temperature on the second floor of a house, first thing to remember is heat rises and cold falls, so the second floor will naturally be hotter especially if the second floor has an open stairwell to the main floor (this is why 2 story houses aren't preferred in desert climates, also you have Supply ducts and Return Ducts, if your return ducts are to few (or non-existent) then it reduces the supply coming into the room, for example my bosses house has NO return air ducts and temperatures go up 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit for each flight of stairs you climb from the basement up to the second floor. So the bedrooms are like 10+ degrees warmer as a result of no return air reducing the flow of air to that floor. if you are in your bedroom with the door closed and no return air in that room it is very easy to overwhelm the central air.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Without knowing the BTU rating of the air conditioner or the square footage being cooled, no one here can really answer your question.

yah, i was more wanting to know if other people had this issue 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also this was gaming not mining so I would definitely expect the heat to be hotter with 24/7 mining

if you mining on your gaming rig you're doing it wrong

if you're going to mine get a rig and only mine with it, every second you dont mine you're losing out on $$$

and it really does matter, mining your rig will run at 100% and gaming if the game is demanding will run your system 100% (gpu wise at least) 

2 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

if you're going to mine get a rig and only mine with it, every second you dont mine you're losing out on $$$

and it really does matter, mining your rig will run at 100% and gaming if the game is demanding will run your system 100% (gpu wise at least) 

well i have a gaming computer, but i mostly just skype and i only play games every other day for like an hour. Im not about to buy another gpu for mining.

1 hour ago, Pcinacan said:

well i have a gaming computer, but i mostly just skype and i only play games every other day for like an hour. Im not about to buy another gpu for mining.

yes but if you mine it wont be worth it if its not spent all its time mining,

your going going to pay more in electricity than youll make 

It might be the issue, in my room the ac always hits the target temp at night, turning the compressor off (I like sleeping to the louder noise) and I am always like wth does it always do it as I am going to sleep. I just realized thats a little after I turn my PC off....

8 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mine on my rig because it's kinda dumb in my opinion. Also I was playing mount and blade warband so I don't think the gpu was at 100% lol 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mine on my rig because it's kinda dumb in my opinion. Also I was playing mount and blade warband so I don't think the gpu was at 100% lol 

i thought you were the OP lol, sorry 

4 hours ago, Pcinacan said:

So in my upstairs its about 79 and the targeted temp is 72. It is 84 outside. So i have been mining 24/7 in my upstairs that has 3 rooms. Is my computer actually putting out all the head or does my ac just suck?

This kinda depends on a few things.

First type of A/C (evaporation vs compressor driven), then ducted or wall mount. Then BTU of the unit, vs how effective it actually is.

My ducted evaporative cools the entire house in summer, and only really works on dry stinking hot days (just the shitty nature of evaporative). My portable compressor driven 9,000BTU unit, cools my my 3x3meter study with my pc folding from 45~C to 26~C but will not cycle off at all.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige