2500k won't overclock over 4.5ghz

I'm running this on a custom loop A240 ekwb. 

I have to run it at 1.41 Volts at 45x 100mhz.   Temps are around 60 C when stress testing for an hour or so. 

I have also disabled that stuff to do with underclocking it safety stuff and all that turbo stuff 

I have not touched anything else 

Stress testing with aida64 and prime95 and some cinebench

Mobo is a z68 gigabyte.. Ud3.. Can't remember actual model name. 

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME 

Is it not stable above 4.5? If thats the highest you can go, thats the highest you can go, just luck with the silicon lottery. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

you can shove 1.45v through it no problem, have you tried messing with the system agent voltage? formerly qpi/vtt. your temps are fine... keep going with the voltage

16 minutes ago, Dr. KEK said:

you can shove 1.45v through it no problem, have you tried messing with the system agent voltage? formerly qpi/vtt. your temps are fine... keep going with the voltage

I'm not sure about this voltage. I had a 4790k and i'm pretty sure 1.4v was considered high even for a custom loop, I don't think the OP should be pushing more than 1.35v imo. 

21 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

I'm running this on a custom loop A240 ekwb. 

I have to run it at 1.41 Volts at 45x 100mhz.   Temps are around 60 C when stress testing for an hour or so. 

I have also disabled that stuff to do with underclocking it safety stuff and all that turbo stuff 

I have not touched anything else 

Stress testing with aida64 and prime95 and some cinebench

Mobo is a z68 gigabyte.. Ud3.. Can't remember actual model name. 

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME 

Have you tried your LLC voltages?

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/intel-haswell-overclocking-clubhouse.185344/page-48#post-3133783

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

19 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Is it not stable above 4.5? If thats the highest you can go, thats the highest you can go, just luck with the silicon lottery. 

4,5ghz is in the good middle range.

19 minutes ago, Dr. KEK said:

yea I'd increase the Digital and Analog I/O voltages and the System Agent, i am running +0,125V offset on all of these 

Just now, stealth80 said:

I'm not sure about this voltage. I had a 4790k and i'm pretty sure 1.4v was considered high even for a custom loop, I don't think the OP should be pushing more than 1.35v imo. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/intel-haswell-overclocking-clubhouse.185344/page-48#post-3133783

4770k is bottlenecked by the crappy TIM a lot. If you can delid then 1,4V are easily doable while staying below 75°C

5 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

3 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

4770k is bottlenecked by the crappy TIM a lot. If you can delid then 1,4V are easily doable while staying below 75°C

I can run my 4770k (delided) on 1.4V air cooled (90°C).

3 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

i don't think the question is how doable it is, but when do you start shortening the life of the CPU

Just now, atavax said:

i don't think the question is how doable it is, but when do you start shortening the life of the CPU

To be fair it really depends on a lot of things. 1.4V is fine for daily use with all the C-States and EIST enabled for the voltage/frequency stepping.

If you did a heavy workloads most of the time on 1.4V when CPU is pinned hours at 100%... that would be an issue.

2 minutes ago, atavax said:

this has always been dragged on, a beaten dead horse discussion. I would be weary of the new finfet chips, but anything 45nm or 32nm from intel can take a beating. plenty of guys from Q6600 days started calling bluffs and running 1.6-1.7v daily, and as far as i know those chips never had problems before they were retired to the trash bin.

personally, I had a i7 930 running at 1.45v 4.1ghz HT on for 6 years, it's in my closet good as new. I threw in a X5650 in january, been running it at 4.5ghz even higher voltage since then without problem. They're about $38-48 a piece now so it's great to experiment with

1 hour ago, Dr. KEK said:

this has always been dragged on, a beaten dead horse discussion. I would be weary of the new finfet chips, but anything 45nm or 32nm from intel can take a beating. plenty of guys from Q6600 days started calling bluffs and running 1.6-1.7v daily, and as far as i know those chips never had problems before they were retired to the trash bin.

personally, I had a i7 930 running at 1.45v 4.1ghz HT on for 6 years, it's in my closet good as new. I threw in a X5650 in january, been running it at 4.5ghz even higher voltage since then without problem. They're about $38-48 a piece now so it's great to experiment with

yeah, i guess i'm just a pussy. Keeping my v @ 1.40 for my 2600k, hoping it will survive until Ryzen 2 comes out.

9 hours ago, Dr. KEK said:

What Voltage shoudl i try on that ?

9 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

Im happy with 1.41V actually ... i just want to clock higher.   Temps are well under 70. Core 1is around 55 , 2  = 60 , 3 = 64, 4= 60 >>>>>

Not sure why they very so much.

8 hours ago, atavax said:

yeah, i guess i'm just a pussy. Keeping my v @ 1.40 for my 2600k, hoping it will survive until Ryzen 2 comes out.

You want to go from a 4 core 8 thread to a 2 core .. maybe 4 thread cpu ?

9 hours ago, atavax said:

I'd venture to say that your overclocked 2600K will kick the snot out of Ryzen 3. Remember, they're only 4c/4t and won't clock as high. You'll probably want something like an R5-1600 instead if you want a big upgrade.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

44 minutes ago, Emberstone said:

I'd venture to say that your overclocked 2600K will kick the snot out of Ryzen 3. Remember, they're only 4c/4t and won't clock as high. You'll probably want something like an R5-1600 instead if you want a big upgrade.

Thats what i said ... and he wants ryzen 2 not 3 LOL . Whenever taht will come out. Im thinking going R5 1600 from my 2500k ... but its a lot of money to do this big of an upgrade. Mainly cause ill need to get new ram ...Damn DDR4