Difficult to attach Fractal Define R5 side panel, am I doing something wrong?

gonvres

So I recently updated to an R5.

I find the side panel on the main side (with the latch) is really difficult to get on the case. 

I've never had trouble with side panels before, they usually slide in from back to front and clip in. But this case doesn't seem to do that. Whenever I attach the case, it 'clips' in to 3 sides easily, but the bottom rear side just won't attach. I find myself taking it off and putting it back on several times to get it on.

Is there some trick to getting it on that I've missed?

got the same case - it doesn't work like the 1990 cases when sliding in from the back. it's more a door style these days, try to attach the edge facing the front of the case in a 45° angle and then shut the door, so to say.... hope that helps.

1 minute ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

got the same case - it doesn't work like the 1990 cases when sliding in from the back. it's more a door style these days, try to attach the edge facing the front of the case in a 45° angle and then shut the door, so to say.... hope that helps.

Thanks a lot. I suspect thats it! I thought I was doing it wrong, I just didn't know how. Not sure I like this system much.

Can I ask, is the fan controller on your one fine? I've read a lot of issues with them on here, I ran mine through the fan controller but found whenever I adjusted the speed when the system was on it caused the on hard drive to kind of 'undetect' momentarily. Others are saying they have heaps of freezing issues with theirs.

I just plugged the fans into the motherboard and was done with it.

1 minute ago, gonvres said:

Thanks a lot. I suspect thats it! I thought I was doing it wrong, I just didn't know how. Not sure I like this system much.

Can I ask, is the fan controller on your one fine? I've read a lot of issues with them on here, I ran mine through the fan controller but found whenever I adjusted the speed when the system was on it caused the on hard drive to kind of 'undetect' momentarily. Others are saying they have heaps of freezing issues with theirs.

I just plugged the fans into the motherboard and was done with it.

dunno tbh. I did same as you did and never bothered with the cases fan controller.

but it interfering with a HDD sounds strange and unlikely´. most likely something else happened that time.

4 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

dunno tbh. I did same as you did and never bothered with the cases fan controller.

but it interfering with a HDD sounds strange and unlikely´. most likely something else happened that time.

Thats for the best I suspect, I suspect it is the controller, as its blacking out the drives on the same sata connection.

There is a lot of data suggesting they have issues with them. I'd just steer clear and use the motherboard, I don't really see a fan controller as an added feature anyway, the motherboards are automatic.

I use the fan controller with my front fan as the cable doesn't reach to the mobo. No problems so far, even after a mtn dew accident...

I think the latch mechanism is good but the panel is annoying to get on if you dont have enough space to work in. The old style of sliding it on from the back or the top is easier to use but requires screws, so pick one.