Horizontal Desktops are BACK?! - Cryorig Taku

Cryorig defrosted an old idea with their new desktop case design, but is it cool, or should it have stayed on ice?

Buy the Intel Core i7 7700K:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/Dm8u
On Newegg: http://geni.us/0YaKT7

Buy the ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/giuw
On Newegg: http://geni.us/UwPuPUk

Buy the Noctua NH-L9i:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/p6jEPI
On Newegg: http://geni.us/QVF0

Buy the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/Tsbk
On Newegg: http://geni.us/dipzvwB

Buy the Silverstone SX700-LPT SFX-L PSU on Newegg: http://geni.us/eOv1XWI

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Cool! I'm getting that money spending glint in my eye..... :)

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The outtakes at the end were pretty funny, you should do this more often. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 small, no water cooling support, no atx support, if you want horizontal we need to get Phanteks to  make a version of the Shift-X deep enough to support ATX motherboards (and with the added depth dual 240 rads).

That 700W SFX PSU tho

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

54 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

Eww, ATX.. xD

Sometimes ATX is your only option... But that's usually not the CASE these days.

I'm sorry, the pun was unintended so I had to fix that.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

1 hour ago, Tibbles said:

Eww, ATX.. xD

couldn't find Z170 ITX boards with the I/O I wanted, plus I bought it long before these cases where even displayed as concept cases so I never thought I would NEED a smaller board so I bought what was decently priced.

Backing this Kickstarter! 

I might consider upping it to the gunmetal w/ gunmetal or silver legs silver w/ silver legs.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

29 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Backing this Kickstarter! 

I might consider upping it to the gunmetal w/ gunmetal or silver legs silver w/ silver legs.

Is there an option for RGB? What about that rainbow steel color bullshit with RGB?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

@LinusTech Why is it sitting lopsided at 4:19?

Why is this not mentioned in the video, did you guys not notice? You can also see it at 4:56. I'm not sure if it's the table, the case, or whatever you have in the background. You can notice it more when you look at the monitor, and the monitor stand.

(you can also see it at 5:17 when a hand is pushing on the case. You can also see that the feet do not sit perfectly flat on that table)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is a more artistic piece, probably more for architect then anything else.

It raises the monitor up higher, which is un-needed with todays large monitors.

Could build one yourself for $25 or so.

Where can i buy the PCI express 90deg connector for the GTX ?

I absolutely love this and the trend. I'm 35, my first computer was a Commodore 128. I basically "saw it all" in regards to computers and in recent years I've been longing for the desktop to return (that's what we called "horizontal desktops" back when they dominated the market). I'm very much tired of the tower, its just inferior.

Why? I'll just list out my personal reasons why I went this route.

• It makes a standing desk much more difficult and unwieldy to run appropriate length cabling from the monitor(s) and peripherals to the machine.
  • It makes moving your PC from a desk to a home theater into yet another case migration project.
  • PCs have gotten so fast you no longer really need maximized cooling or the fastest parts to get to faster-than-you-need performance.
  • It makes for easier cable routing in the back. Both running cabling and getting to them easily.
  • You have your audio/USB ports right in front of you where they should be, no reaching down and around some doofy tower on the floor.
  • At this point, if you truly can't do what you need to do on say a 65W TDP Ryzen 7 1700, 16GB of RAM and GPU of your choice, you probably need to at least consider distributed/cloud processing (think MS Azure, GeforceNow etc) or building yourself a rack.

I'm not price sensitive and prefer quality (I love Lian Li), so I'm strongly considering backing this. My computer is more than just a glorified Xbox. There's one snag. I already did it. My most recent machine is a R7 1700, 16GB FlareX, 1TB 960 Pro, Geforce 1060 Founders Edition in a Node202 and have three 24" Ultrasharps. Even my speaker selection was made with my LCD-filled configuration choice in mind, I use the Sound BlasterX Katana. I was very dismayed at buying an $80 Fractal case when I've been using Lian Li for years but it does the job (just requires a stand over the top of the Node so the middle LCD doesn't smash this low quality case).

My only change to the Taku would be to make it a little smaller yet. I don't think there's any need for any non-M.2 SSDs at this point. If they want to offer that, have them clip to the top of the case. Should be a design decision to never expand mini-ITX cases to accommodate 2.5" SSDs or 3.5" HDDs. It's interesting they're throwing in their new C7 Cu with it, I was going to consider moving from my current C7 to the copper version when I do my next hardware swap. Though if Scythe ever decides to make a Big Shuriken 2 RevB for AM4, a C7 Cu wouldn't be much of an enticement.

This case isn't exactly as I would've designed it, but it's not bad. Definitely in the right direction. If anyone from Cryorig or Lian Li reads this, something else to consider, a Lian Li PC-Q34 with SFX PSU support (no ATX, just wastes space) and no 2.5/3.5" drive accommodations, but still supporting massive CPU coolers. I think that would sell better than you think and probably the only other configuration I'd consider than the one I have now as I consider my rig to be the ultimate Node202 configuration. But a smaller Q34 with mITX X399 1950X, Noctua NH-D15 and my Corsair SF600 PSU would be pretty amazing. 2017 is the best year I've seen in decades for CPUs, so now is the time.

What will ultimately force me to not back the Kickstarter and wait for public availability is that Cryorig was pretty terrible to deal with when I bought their C7 and needed the AM4 backplate. Very rude support and definitely weren't worried about pissing me off, so they'll have to build this one without my contribution.

This looks awesome, though I would be worried about a monitor with a large stand blocking some of the top ventilation. And if the PSU was in the other side of the case would that solve the short PSU cable problem? Bar the 8 pin for the GPU of course, but that would be a smaller, less cumbersome extension.

4 hours ago, EnglishBoB said:

Where can i buy the PCI express 90deg connector for the GTX ?

Newegg

NCIX

Memoryexpress

Bestbuy

So.... a 1-2U server case with legs?...

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

• 3 months later...

So, what happened to the Taku?  It was unsuccessful on Kickstarter. It seems like they have already made it. So does anyone know if it can be bought anywhere?