Corsair RM 750w for 90 dollars good deal?

CowsGoMoo32

FAST GO GO GO!

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

yes

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

newegg...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

YES !!!!

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Not sure. TTL has a picture out with the PSU tester and a Corsair RM PSU and it's been oddly long and no video. My guess is the RMs are bad, and TTL is waiting for more PSUs to retest.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Not sure. TTL has a picture out with the PSU tester and a Corsair RM PSU and it's been oddly long and no video. My guess is the RMs are bad, and TTL is waiting for more PSUs to retest.

They are linus's favorite PSU's....

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

They're good. GET THE PSU!

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

They are linus's favorite PSU's....

And this makes it an utterly good PSU because.......... ?

The last time TTL got out the PSU tester was for the "Thortech" PSU... and we all know how good that was.

The 750w RM is having some problems with reviews.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/13/corsair_rm750_750w_power_supply_review/3

It's good, but does have some discrepancies. But you can't beat that price.

And this makes it an utterly good PSU because.......... ?

The last time TTL got out the PSU tester was for the "Thortech" PSU... and we all know how good that was.

I wasn't trying to say it was SO AMAZING BRO but rather make a statement that it was shit like you were putting it as.

I wasn't trying to say it was SO AMAZING BRO but rather make a statement that it was shit like you were putting it as.

I'd personally trust TTL on this one who actually put it on a testing machine [usually there's a reason if he does so]

than Linus who took it out of the box... and... put it back in.

I'd personally trust TTL on this one who actually put it on a testing machine [usually there's a reason if he does so]

than Linus who took it out of the box... and... put it back in.

What happened?

What happened?

He posted a pic on his FB a while ago which the RM at the PSU tester. And it said something like "You all know what this means..." and there hasn't been a video yet, probably Corsair didn't like it and tried to prevent ending up as the Maximus 6 review.

Quite honestly, OC3D / TTL isn't my go-to for PSU reviews. I do recall them reviewing the NZXT Hale90 850w before. They considered it be an awful PSU (which it isn't), even though they had overloaded the 3.3/5v rails with their load bank. At least they corrected it.

While the Thortech Thunderbolt isn't a great unit by any means, Jonnyguru, Techpowerup, and Kitguru review samples (the non-plus and plus are the same unit internally, but one has a external power meter) had not yield the same result where the ripples of the +12v exceeded ATX specs of 120mV, let alone 300mV+. Other units that are build on the same Highpower / Sirfa G14C platform like the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w didn't even get such a poor result at JG and TPU.

Anyways, there was a discussion on the Thortech Thunderbolt review they had done to at Jonnyguru regarding a potential problem with his testing equipment. http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9103

____

If you want to read them, here's a few review on the Hipro build RM750/850 model at TPU

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/RM750/

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/RM850/

HardOCP failed it because due heat issues where there is no air flow for the PSU, in which the fan not turning on when it should (which Corsair is addressing).

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/13/corsair_rm750_750w_power_supply_review/#.UoPM-D93vKs