Unable to install Windows 10... HELP

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,
9 hours ago, ChalkChalkson said:

MS support isn't really know to be great :P Last time I waited 30min before I even got transferred to india 

I wasn't suggesting running the VM permanently, just to troubleshoot, would eliminate a lot of things that could be the issue

I updated the bios, and it works now. Thank you and everyone else for all your help.

When i try to boot a windows dvd, i get a blue screen, with the error 0xc0000225. 

In my bios there is a setting: acpi apic support, if i turn that on, and boot, it will freeze and my usb devices will turn off.

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe

Ram: 6GB

Cpu: Core 2 Quad Q9550

A lot of solutions on google say to run startup repair or something, but i can't even boot the Windows dvd.

I tried linux, and that worked fine.

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

When i try to boot a windows dvd, i get a blue screen, with the error 0xc0000225. 

In my bios there is a setting: acpi apic support, if i turn that on, and boot, it will freeze and my usb devices will turn off.

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe

Ram: 6GB

Cpu: Core 2 Quad Q9550

A lot of solutions on google say to run startup repair or something, but i can't even boot the Windows dvd.

I tried linux, and that worked fine.

Try installing windows with a USB - download the media creation tool and see how that goes. Also, older PCs in my office often tend to disconnect USB devices in the beginning of the installation. Try plugging the devices in different ports or on your case's USB ports. That usually worked for me.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

download the media creation tool and see how that goes

wouldn't he need Windows first? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, Thunderzzu said:

Try installing windows with a USB - download the media creation tool and see how that goes. Also, older PCs in my office often tend to disconnect USB devices in the beginning of the installation. Try plugging the devices in different ports or on your case's USB ports. That usually worked for me.

I tried with usb. That usb boots up fine on a diffrent machine, however it does the same as the dvd. 

I searched google for about 5 hours now, and everyone says that acpi apic fixes it, but that causes the usb issues for me.

She/Her

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

I have acces to another functional Windows machine.

She/Her

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I have acces to another functional Windows machine.

He also could download ISO's legally with third party apps that access the microsofts download servers (that also work on UNIX based machines)

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I tried with usb. That usb boots up fine on a diffrent machine, however it does the same as the dvd. 

I searched google for about 5 hours now, and everyone says that acpi apic fixes it, but that causes the usb issues for me.

Try updating the BIOS, restoring to defaults or if you're really into it, you could remove the battery from the mobo to completely wipe the BIOS settings, and then disabling safeboot, fast boot and everything security related, turning on legacy USB and trying again.

Just now, firelighter487 said:

The usb i tried to boot with booted fine on another machine, so that's not the problem...

then its probably the drive or the mobo

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

then its probably the drive or the mobo

But linux worked fine, just with vsync tearing, and power management issues of my gpu's. But it did boot and work. 

She/Her

*me steps into the room and yells* DIEING HDD!

According to the wiki linq @DrMacintosh gave us all, it said that some files would be bad. (and information about how to fix this) But I assume this is a clean install. And when you get an blue screen of death, there is usually something wrong with the hardware/hardware configuration. And considering the error code points towards files, I'd think your drive might be about to go down. (since install medium did work on other computers)

Thing I would do in your situation is: reset BIOS back to stock settings (reset CMOS by jumper or button) And then try to install an older, less taxing operating system. (and then go from there)

But linux worked fine, just with vsync tearing, and power management issues of my gpu's. But it did boot and work. 

does not mean the drive isn't bad. Linux is basic compared to Windows 

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

*me steps into the room and yells* DIEING HDD!

According to the wiki linq @DrMacintosh gave us all, it said that some files would be bad. (and information about how to fix this) But I assume this is a clean install. And when you get an blue screen of death, there is usually something wrong with the hardware/hardware configuration. And considering the error code points towards files, I'd think your drive might be about to go down. (since install medium did work on other computers)

Thing I would do in your situation is: reset BIOS back to stock settings (reset CMOS by jumper or button) And then try to install an older, less taxing operating system. (and then go from there)

It also does this if i boot with no drives in the system at all. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, ChalkChalkson said:

Do you know for a fact your hardware is working? I mean this stuff is a few years old now...

Try booting into Ubuntu, just as a sanity check

He said that he booted into linux and it worked in the first post.

1 minute ago, ChalkChalkson said:

Do you know for a fact your hardware is working? I mean this stuff is a few years old now...

Try booting into Ubuntu, just as a sanity check

Linux did work, but i have multiple gpu's and had driver issues in linux for them.

She/Her

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

does not mean the drive isn't bad. Linux is basic compared to Windows 

Well it at least suggests, that it is more likely that there is a compatibility, driver or installation medium issue

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

It also does this if i boot with no drives in the system at all. 

So you have a Windows to go installation?

Just now, Thunderzzu said:

Yeah, noticed that, that's why I removed my first post

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Did you boot from the USB drive, or installed a distri?

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

So you have a Windows to go installation?

No, you can boot a windows dvd withoud any harddrives or ssd's in your system. You just don't have anything to install windows to. 

She/Her

Just now, ChalkChalkson said:

Did you boot from the USB drive, or installed a distri?

I installed multiple. I tried elementary os, and antergos with a few diffrent desktop environments, when i was trying to fix vsync problems due to gpu drivers in linux.

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

No, you can boot a windows dvd withoud any harddrives or ssd's in your system. You just don't have anything to install windows to. 

then just smash the whole thing idk 

I installed multiple. I tried elementary os, and antergos with a few diffrent desktop environments, when i was trying to fix vsync problems due to gpu drivers in linux.

Ok, did you check whether win 10 supports your hardware? I mean, it should...

2 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

He booted in Linux before, maybe not anymoar.

+ I've noticed differences with OS and faulty hardware. Back in the day, one of my HDD's was about to go down. I could get windows XP installed, no issues. Windows 7 would BSOD.

@ topic starter, try removing all your mining cards, and try using the bare minimum on GPU powah while trying to install your windows...