Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unable to install Windows 10... HELP

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,
9 hours ago, ChalkChalkson said:

MS support isn't really know to be great :P Last time I waited 30min before I even got transferred to india 

I wasn't suggesting running the VM permanently, just to troubleshoot, would eliminate a lot of things that could be the issue

I updated the bios, and it works now. Thank you and everyone else for all your help.

When i try to boot a windows dvd, i get a blue screen, with the error 0xc0000225. 

 

In my bios there is a setting: acpi apic support, if i turn that on, and boot, it will freeze and my usb devices will turn off.

 

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe

Ram: 6GB

Cpu: Core 2 Quad Q9550

 

A lot of solutions on google say to run startup repair or something, but i can't even boot the Windows dvd.

 

I tried linux, and that worked fine.

 

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

When i try to boot a windows dvd, i get a blue screen, with the error 0xc0000225. 

 

In my bios there is a setting: acpi apic support, if i turn that on, and boot, it will freeze and my usb devices will turn off.

 

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe

Ram: 6GB

Cpu: Core 2 Quad Q9550

 

A lot of solutions on google say to run startup repair or something, but i can't even boot the Windows dvd.

 

I tried linux, and that worked fine.

 

Try installing windows with a USB - download the media creation tool and see how that goes. Also, older PCs in my office often tend to disconnect USB devices in the beginning of the installation. Try plugging the devices in different ports or on your case's USB ports. That usually worked for me.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

download the media creation tool and see how that goes

wouldn't he need Windows first? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thunderzzu said:

Try installing windows with a USB - download the media creation tool and see how that goes. Also, older PCs in my office often tend to disconnect USB devices in the beginning of the installation. Try plugging the devices in different ports or on your case's USB ports. That usually worked for me.

I tried with usb. That usb boots up fine on a diffrent machine, however it does the same as the dvd. 

 

I searched google for about 5 hours now, and everyone says that acpi apic fixes it, but that causes the usb issues for me.

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

wouldn't he need Windows first? 

I have acces to another functional Windows machine.

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

wouldn't he need Windows first? 

 

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I have acces to another functional Windows machine.

He also could download ISO's legally with third party apps that access the microsofts download servers (that also work on UNIX based machines)

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I tried with usb. That usb boots up fine on a diffrent machine, however it does the same as the dvd. 

 

I searched google for about 5 hours now, and everyone says that acpi apic fixes it, but that causes the usb issues for me.

Try updating the BIOS, restoring to defaults or if you're really into it, you could remove the battery from the mobo to completely wipe the BIOS settings, and then disabling safeboot, fast boot and everything security related, turning on legacy USB and trying again.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, firelighter487 said:

The usb i tried to boot with booted fine on another machine, so that's not the problem...

then its probably the drive or the mobo

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

then its probably the drive or the mobo

But linux worked fine, just with vsync tearing, and power management issues of my gpu's. But it did boot and work. 

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

*me steps into the room and yells* DIEING HDD!

 

According to the wiki linq @DrMacintosh gave us all, it said that some files would be bad. (and information about how to fix this) But I assume this is a clean install. And when you get an blue screen of death, there is usually something wrong with the hardware/hardware configuration. And considering the error code points towards files, I'd think your drive might be about to go down. (since install medium did work on other computers)

 

Thing I would do in your situation is: reset BIOS back to stock settings (reset CMOS by jumper or button) And then try to install an older, less taxing operating system. (and then go from there)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, firelighter487 said:

But linux worked fine, just with vsync tearing, and power management issues of my gpu's. But it did boot and work. 

does not mean the drive isn't bad. Linux is basic compared to Windows 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

*me steps into the room and yells* DIEING HDD!

 

According to the wiki linq @DrMacintosh gave us all, it said that some files would be bad. (and information about how to fix this) But I assume this is a clean install. And when you get an blue screen of death, there is usually something wrong with the hardware/hardware configuration. And considering the error code points towards files, I'd think your drive might be about to go down. (since install medium did work on other computers)

 

Thing I would do in your situation is: reset BIOS back to stock settings (reset CMOS by jumper or button) And then try to install an older, less taxing operating system. (and then go from there)

It also does this if i boot with no drives in the system at all. 

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChalkChalkson said:

Do you know for a fact your hardware is working? I mean this stuff is a few years old now...

Try booting into Ubuntu, just as a sanity check

He said that he booted into linux and it worked in the first post.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChalkChalkson said:

Do you know for a fact your hardware is working? I mean this stuff is a few years old now...

Try booting into Ubuntu, just as a sanity check

Linux did work, but i have multiple gpu's and had driver issues in linux for them.

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

does not mean the drive isn't bad. Linux is basic compared to Windows 

Well it at least suggests, that it is more likely that there is a compatibility, driver or installation medium issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

It also does this if i boot with no drives in the system at all. 

So you have a Windows to go installation?

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Thunderzzu said:

He said that he booted into linux and it worked in the first post.

Yeah, noticed that, that's why I removed my first post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

But linux worked fine, just with vsync tearing, and power management issues of my gpu's. But it did boot and work. 

Did you boot from the USB drive, or installed a distri?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

So you have a Windows to go installation?

No, you can boot a windows dvd withoud any harddrives or ssd's in your system. You just don't have anything to install windows to. 

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ChalkChalkson said:

Did you boot from the USB drive, or installed a distri?

I installed multiple. I tried elementary os, and antergos with a few diffrent desktop environments, when i was trying to fix vsync problems due to gpu drivers in linux.

She/Her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

No, you can boot a windows dvd withoud any harddrives or ssd's in your system. You just don't have anything to install windows to. 

then just smash the whole thing idk 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD, 1TB PNY 1TB CS900, & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, firelighter487 said:

I installed multiple. I tried elementary os, and antergos with a few diffrent desktop environments, when i was trying to fix vsync problems due to gpu drivers in linux.

Ok, did you check whether win 10 supports your hardware? I mean, it should...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

He said that he booted into linux and it worked in the first post.

He booted in Linux before, maybe not anymoar.

 

+ I've noticed differences with OS and faulty hardware. Back in the day, one of my HDD's was about to go down. I could get windows XP installed, no issues. Windows 7 would BSOD.

 

@ topic starter, try removing all your mining cards, and try using the bare minimum on GPU powah while trying to install your windows...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×