Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the difference between these kits?

Hello.

 

What is the difference between these two kits: CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 vs. CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. I will be using it with the r7 1700 with the C6H. What kit is the best to get the highest speed on? I plan on getting 2 sets of them. Are there any other kits you recommend that can fit while using the NH-D15?

 

If I missed something important just ask, thank you in advance for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DekaRanger said:

Hello.

 

What is the difference between these two kits: CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 vs. CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. I will be using it with the r7 1700 with the C6H. What kit is the best to get the highest speed on? I plan on getting 2 sets of them. Are there any other kits you recommend that can fit while using the NH-D15?

 

If I missed something important just ask, thank you in advance for your help.

The CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 seems to be optimized for Intel boards. It runs at a slightly higher voltage than the CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 and supports XMP 2.0. The CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 appears to be optimized for Ryzen.

 

Unless you're overclocking, or using an Intel platform with XMP profiles, it probably doesn't make too much of a difference which one you get (though I've heard Ryzen can be picky with the type of memory it can accept).

 

If you're building a Ryzen machine, it might be a better idea to get CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16. I'd recommend just getting a 2x8 kit and running it in Dual Channel mode.

 

EDIT: I didn't even realize the kits were not the same price. Yikes. Just get the "Intel optimized" kit and save 40 bucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah save the $40.

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 4.0 | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3 | EVGA BR/BT? no. noooo. | buy (almost) anything except focus

 

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team Vulcan DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra | NZXT H510 | GIGABYTE G750H PSU | MasterLiquid ML240L

 

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Bought from LMG, signed by Dennis | GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV | 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 | Intel "UrFPSGon" HD 4600 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

 

Spare Laptop (HP Elitebook 850 G2) / Gaming Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

Elitebook: i7 5500U | 8GB DDR3L-1333 | 500GB SAMSUNG 860 Evo | AMD R7 M260 (I found this in a garbage bin at the airport)

Legion: i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick


 

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JDE said:

Yeah save the $40.

Do you think there will be a noticeable difference between the kits? It costs 34$ more where I live, worth it if there is a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DekaRanger said:

Do you think there will be a noticeable difference between the kits? It costs 34$ more where I live, worth it if there is a difference.

0 difference, just price gouging.

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 4.0 | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3 | EVGA BR/BT? no. noooo. | buy (almost) anything except focus

 

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team Vulcan DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra | NZXT H510 | GIGABYTE G750H PSU | MasterLiquid ML240L

 

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Bought from LMG, signed by Dennis | GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV | 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 | Intel "UrFPSGon" HD 4600 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

 

Spare Laptop (HP Elitebook 850 G2) / Gaming Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

Elitebook: i7 5500U | 8GB DDR3L-1333 | 500GB SAMSUNG 860 Evo | AMD R7 M260 (I found this in a garbage bin at the airport)

Legion: i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick


 

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDE said:

0 difference, just price gouging.

Ok. Thank you for your help. It saves me some for future ram upgrade when 32Gb is supported for higher speeds.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I'm sorry to revive an old thread but i'm investigating the issue and I have a theory that i could not confirm or discard as invalid. 

 

It may be that the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (Optimized for Intel) is using the less expensive and worse hynix chips (they have problems with AM4 but works good with Intel) while 

the CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 (AMD Optimized) is using the more expensive and better performing samsung b-die chip. If that's the case the price difference (at the time of writing is only 20€ difference, not 40$) may be justified, especially if you are building with AM4. 

My online research has found till now that everyone with hynix chip (RAM version 5.39) have the Intel optimized(B) module while those who owns the samsung b-die (RAM version 4.31) have the AMD Optimized(Z) module. 

It's a theory that may seems reasonable but I cannot confirm for sure in any way and would be interesting to understand the difference.

I specifically want the samsung b-die version (the Vengeance cost  ~170€ while others ram modules like G skill Flare X or other modules with samsung b-die chip usually costs 200€+).  

 

Any explanation or confirmation of my theory would be very appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FoLeyy said:

Any explanation or confirmation of my theory would be very appreciated

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.png.30580a98a1278927a99c8005a38b0ab8.pngCMK16GX4M2z3200C16.png.9b010497ddb1d48c3c209a7af868cf51.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600  Board: ASRock AB350 Pro4  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0  SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Current Overclock: CPU at 3.8GHz at 1.35v  Temps: 30c idle / 61c load / 22c ambient  My PCPartPicker Build

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

I just bought a quad channel kit (CMK32GX4M4Z3200C16) for $269.99 and it’s version 4.31. If it’s actually B-Die, it’s a steal, since they are at least $420 now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I am able to OC this kit (CMK32GX4M4Z3200C16) from 3200 MHz C16 to 4000 MHz C17 at 1.4V.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

i have the  CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 running on a ryzen 3600 build and i bought it before i knew what i was actually buying, anyways i was able to oc this kit to 3600 at 16-19-19-39 @ 1.4v. i wish i would of gotten the z kit for the fact i could have tighter timings and hit 3800mhz or higher. 3600 is the highest i can hit even if i loosen the timings past 20

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ryzen5guy541 said:

i have the  CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 running on a ryzen 3600 build and i bought it before i knew what i was actually buying, anyways i was able to oc this kit to 3600 at 16-19-19-39 @ 1.4v. i wish i would of gotten the z kit for the fact i could have tighter timings and hit 3800mhz or higher. 3600 is the highest i can hit even if i loosen the timings past 20

The Z kits seem to be bottom barrel B-Die, but they still OC to 4000 MT/s easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monstieur said:

The Z kits seem to be bottom barrel B-Die, but they still OC to 4000 MT/s easily.

ya that would be nice to have but i guess 3600 is the "sweet spot" lol for infinity fabric. I could of gotten the z kit for 10 bucks more had i known thats what i needed. Its the tighter timings i want more than anything.I might see if i can sell this kit and buy the z kit if possible.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ryzen5guy541 said:

ya that would be nice to have but i guess 3600 is the "sweet spot" lol for infinity fabric. I could of gotten the z kit for 10 bucks more had i known thats what i needed. Its the tighter timings i want more than anything.I might see if i can sell this kit and buy the z kit if possible.

 

I sold mine and got the T-Force XTREEM DDR4 4500 MT/s kits. They are top tier B-Die at bottom barrel prices. Mine do 4000 C16 at 1.45 V, and 4000 C15 at 1.5 V. You should be able to get really good timings at 3600 MT/s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Monstieur said:

I sold mine and got the T-Force XTREEM DDR4 4500 MT/s kits. They are top tier B-Die at bottom barrel prices. Mine do 4000 C16 at 1.45 V, and 4000 C15 at 1.5 V. You should be able to get really good timings at 3600 MT/s.

im at 1.4v now at 3600mhz...u think if i rais the voltage i could get tighter timings? ive just been using the memory try it feature on my msi board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ryzen5guy541 said:

im at 1.4v now at 3600mhz...u think if i rais the voltage i could get tighter timings? ive just been using the memory try it feature on my msi board. 

I wouldn't even bother OCing non-B-Die. It's too much effort for a small increase over XMP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 10:01 PM, johndms said:

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.png.30580a98a1278927a99c8005a38b0ab8.pngCMK16GX4M2z3200C16.png.9b010497ddb1d48c3c209a7af868cf51.png

Interesting to see how the specs for the same part number change over the years. I just bought the "generic "CMK16GX4M2B3200C16" last month and here is my result. They have Samsung chips now: 

Snap27072020231400.png.6eac480e48191d9d43514407e6c52318.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thierrybo said:

Interesting to see how the specs for the same part number change over the years. I just bought the "generic "CMK16GX4M2B3200C16" last month and here is my result. They have Samsung chips now:

What is the version number on the label? Older v4.3 kits had B-Die. When newer versions without B-Die proliferated in the market, the Z part numbers had the highest probability of being v4.3 with B-Die, as they were designed for 1st gen Ryzen which had poor memory compatibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×