Earbuds reccommendations

CHEESYnachoMAN4

I wanted new earbuds and I have a budget of $100 and I thought of getting some beats earbuds.

I currently use apple EarPods which are pretty good (for me).

But I wanted something a little better.

I want headphones that are under $100 and are available in best buy or the apple store. (I cant order anything since I am leaving the country in a few days

Or should I just go for a pair of urBEATS?

PC Specs:

CPU: i9 10850k

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490-A

Ram: 32GB DDR4 4000MHz

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G 

Case: Cooler Master: MasterCase H500P

Storage: 4TB NVME SSD, 8TB HDD, 500gb SSD

PSU: Corsair AX1600i

Monitor: ACER X34P 34" and LG 34" 34UC88-B Curved LED Monitor (stacked)

CPU Cooler: Cougar Helor 360

Peripherals:

Keyboard: CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Speakers: Sound BlasterX Katana V2

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

Get the Shure SE215  IEMs. They are popular and really good and have replaceable cable, so when the IEM cables inevitably breaks you can just replace it with a new one instead of throwing the whole thing away.

I DO NOT recommend Beats. Everything everyone says about how they probably cost about $50 to make and $300 to own is true. I got a pair for Christmas around 2-3 years ago and in less than a month, the copper wiring started tearing through the rubber cable cover rendering the in-line controls completely useless. 

Just now, StrikerX1360 said:

I DO NOT recommend Beats. Everything everyone says about how they probably cost about $50 to make and $300 to own is true. I got a pair for Christmas around 2-3 years ago and in less than a month, the copper wiring started tearing through the rubber cable cover rendering the in-line controls completely useless. 

you only get beats for the name 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

3 minutes ago, StrikerX1360 said:

Just now, Vernw3 said:

you only get beats for the name 

I was never super crazy about Beats really.

But can you reccomend any good earbuds?

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

2 minutes ago, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

I can agree with avg123 that Shure makes some pretty nice ones. I've been rocking some Razer Hammerhead Pro V2's for a while but I'm like 85% sure that my old iPhone 6 kept shorting them out because I've had them RMA'd at least 3 times and only use them with that device. LG's sending me some LG Tone Ultra wireless ones and I plan on possibly making a review of those once I get them. I trust LG as a brand as they've been very generous to me as well as making the phone I'm rocking right now (LG G6) so if you plan to go wireless, you might want to check them out. The ones I'm getting are discontinued but are roughly $99.

10 minutes ago, StrikerX1360 said:

I can agree with avg123 that Shure makes some pretty nice ones. I've been rocking some Razer Hammerhead Pro V2's for a while but I'm like 85% sure that my old iPhone 6 kept shorting them out because I've had them RMA'd at least 3 times and only use them with that device. LG's sending me some LG Tone Ultra wireless ones and I plan on possibly making a review of those once I get them. I trust LG as a brand as they've been very generous to me as well as making the phone I'm rocking right now (LG G6) so if you plan to go wireless, you might want to check them out. The ones I'm getting are discontinued but are roughly $99.

Do you recommend the Razer hammerhead pro v2?

Are they better than the stock apple earbuds?

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

Sure. They come with multiple different sized rubber ear tips for different sizes of ear canals. I personally wear the ones that are double height because they fit deeper into my ear resulting in both better stability as well as slightly better noise isolation. Something that I don't like is that the metal casing around the speakers are pretty large and can sometimes fall out easy, so I don't necessarily recommend these for exercising. And if you're a person who sleeps with earbuds in then good luck sleeping in any other position other than with your face straight up or down, as they'll stab deep into your ears if you lay on your side. But in terms of sound quality they're pretty solid with good bass and good overall quality. They do kind of have more of an aggressive look to them in addition to the neon green cable so if that's not your thing then sorry, not much you can do about it. They do come with a nice little carrying case as well as a mic/earbud splitter but it's not something I've used.

1 minute ago, StrikerX1360 said:

Sure. They come with multiple different sized rubber ear tips for different sizes of ear canals. I personally wear the ones that are double height because they fit deeper into my ear resulting in both better stability as well as slightly better noise isolation. Something that I don't like is that the metal casing around the speakers are pretty large and can sometimes fall out easy, so I don't necessarily recommend these for exercising. And if you're a person who sleeps with earbuds in then good luck sleeping in any other position other with your face up or down, as they'll stab deep into your ears. But in terms of sound quality they're pretty solid with good bass and good overall quality. They do kind of have more of an aggressive look to them in addition to the neon green cable so if that's not your thing then sorry, not much you can do about it. They do come with a nice little carrying case as well as a mic/earbud splitter but it's not something I've used.

I might get it then.

Cause I dont exercise with earbuds in or sleep with them in

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

I also didn't see that you asked if they're better than the stock Apple earpods and yes, they are. I personally have both of those (even though the earpods have survived a washing machine about 3 times) but even though they're good for pretty casual listening, the Hammerheads really hit it with the bass. They're a good option and I'm pretty sure they're only like $64.99 or something like that. Again you're gonna want to experiment with the different ear tips because even looking down sometimes causes one to fall out, but that's because I normally leave one in and toss the other one over my shoulder.

1 minute ago, StrikerX1360 said:

They're a good option and I'm pretty sure they're only like $64.99 or something like that. Again you're gonna want to experiment with the different ear tips because even looking down sometimes causes one to fall out, but that's because I normally leave one in and toss the other one over my shoulder.

The only thing that stinks is no bestbuy near me has them to pick up and im travelling in 1 day

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

1 minute ago, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

The only thing that stinks is no bestbuy near me has them to pick up and im travelling in 1 day

I got mine from Best Buy as well and for the little bit of money you're saving as compared to $100, I'd recommend getting a warranty. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just my dying iPhone 6's headphone jack that's been shorting the earbuds but I've had to get them replaced 3 times. I think it's caused by my old phone because when listening to music with earbuds, my phone dies like 6x faster and it's actually caused the earbuds to shock me in the ear canals. Not a fun experience but I've not had a problem with my new phone.

31 minutes ago, StrikerX1360 said:

I got mine from Best Buy as well and for the little bit of money you're saving as compared to $100, I'd recommend getting a warranty. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just my dying iPhone 6's headphone jack that's been shorting the earbuds but I've had to get them replaced 3 times. I think it's caused by my old phone because when listening to music with earbuds, my phone dies like 6x faster and it's actually caused the earbuds to shock me in the ear canals. Not a fun experience but I've not had a problem with my new phone.

I really wanted to get the Razer earbuds bunt they are not available at any best buy near me do you have any other recommendations?

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

A set of earbuds that I've been looking into upgrading to are the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears. Great earbuds from a great company, I hear they have great sound quality and build quality looks good, so I've been thinking about upgrading to those. Another plus about getting them is that they fit your budget of $100. I also hear that Jaybird makes some nice ones but they are wireless so other things you'd have to think about are battery life and price premium.

20 hours ago, StrikerX1360 said:

A set of earbuds that I've been looking into upgrading to are the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears. Great earbuds from a great company, I hear they have great sound quality and build quality looks good, so I've been thinking about upgrading to those. Another plus about getting them is that they fit your budget of $100. I also hear that Jaybird makes some nice ones but they are wireless so other things you'd have to think about are battery life and price premium.

I actually was going to get thos but they didnt have them anywhere near me. So i just ended up picking up some JayBird X3's they are really nice

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

On 7/9/2017 at 1:02 AM, StrikerX1360 said:

Weird. My Beats earbuds (before they mysteriously disappeared a few weeks ago, like all my headphones do) were pretty tough! Got tangled up, not so gently or patiently untangled, washed with my clothes a few times, acted like a (surprisingly good) bungee cord for my iPhone 6 Plus, and were made from aluminium (only the inline mic is plastic). Overall, pretty premium, great bass, and nice looking. I know there's much better headphones out there, but Beats aren't as terrible as everyone says they are. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Weird. My Beats earbuds (before they mysteriously disappeared a few weeks ago, like all my headphones do) were pretty tough! Got tangled up, not so gently or patiently untangled, washed with my clothes a few times, acted like a (surprisingly good) bungee cord for my iPhone 6 Plus, and were made from aluminium (only the inline mic is plastic). Overall, pretty premium, great bass, and nice looking. I know there's much better headphones out there, but Beats aren't as terrible as everyone says they are. 

There "not bad" but are overpriced for what they are

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

Just now, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

There "not bad" but are overpriced for what they are

Same thing everyone says about Apple. They may not be the cheapest, but they are a solid option and pretty good for their price point. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Same thing everyone says about Apple. They may not be the cheapest, but they are a solid option and pretty good for their price point. 

Apple is a solid option but not the best for the price point (spec wise)

PC Specs:

Peripherals:

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

6 minutes ago, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

Apple is a solid option but not the best for the price point (spec wise)

Yeah. It's really personal preference. Do you want a higher performance PC, that may compromise on looks, portability, etc? Or would you rather have a lower spec, but a more portable, sleeker, computer with a better (IMO) OS? I don't get why people hate on all these companies. I know I hate on some, but I forget which. And I'm pretty sure my reasons are justified. :D

Main PC 

On 7/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

I get pretty obsessed when buying this kind of gear, having my own mini music studio in my house, outboard sound card, monitors etc. Tired of overpriced, or breaking too easily, I went looking... then researching and finally..

Soundmagic E10C's

What hi-fi winners in "best earbuds under €50/£50"... ...5 years in a row (They got narrowly beaten this year). Seen quite a few different  video and written reviews on them and many say they sound like they cost hundreds of €/£/$. 

I got a pair for €40 on Amazon 2 weeks ago and I am not disappointed. Bass was a bit too punchy for me (had to set me EQ to neutral) but apart from that really good.

Here ya go..