Sennheiser HD 6XXs are Restocking Again on July 10th!

Max_Settings

Massdrop has just confirmed that they are running an additional run of 10,000 pairs of HD 6XX headphones and are trying to push it to 13,500, by trying to get another 3,500 units approved.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx/talk

Hey all,

First, a big thanks to the community for the amazing response toward the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX.

To continue the chain of good news on this drop, we have been able to secure 10,000 additional serialized units as part of the second run. Furthermore, we are working to get another 3,500 units confirmed.

Drop Details Pricing is the same: $199.99 with free shipping to the US and $15 shipping per unit internationally. The drop will begin on Monday, July 10 at 6 a.m. PT and will continue until July 30 or until the available units sell out. A total of 10,000 units will be available, and as this is a continuation of the second run order that started in June, the drop counter will start at 11,500 and run to 21,500.

Shipping
The additional 10,000 units will have the same expected ship date (December 18) as the rest of the second run.

Been wanting a pair of open backed headphones.. these are such great value but I just don't have $200 to spend on a 3rd pair of headphones.

Dammnit, is this a good upgrade from SR80? D:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Dammnit, is this a good upgrade from SR80? D:

Yes they would be a great upgrade, provided you have a good amp to power them

27 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes they would be a great upgrade, provided you have a good amp to power them

I only have my budget E07k. xD

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

How do these compare against the 598s and the 650s?

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X | ASUS PG348Q | i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | 16GB RAM

Corsair RM750i + CableMod C Series | Corsair 750D | 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD

30 minutes ago, jawong2000 said:

the 6xx are basically 650s, with a different paint job 

42 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the 6xx are basically 650s, with a different paint job 

Do you happen to know how they compare to 598's though? 

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

38 minutes ago, Luke said:

Would love to know too, bevause I've got 598s and I've been contemplating buying 650s for a while now

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X | ASUS PG348Q | i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | 16GB RAM

Corsair RM750i + CableMod C Series | Corsair 750D | 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD

8 hours ago, jawong2000 said:

7 hours ago, Luke said:

6 hours ago, jawong2000 said:

Would love to know too, bevause I've got 598s and I've been contemplating buying 650s for a while now

The 6XXs are HD 650s with a different paint job. They are an upgrade over the 598s, how much of an upgrade it is, is subjective. But I would say they are a great upgrade provided you have a powerful amp because the HD 650s are very hard to drive.

Check out Linus' review here

Could someone post a recommendation for driving this via:

1. A portable amp (for use w/ a smartphone - eg: iPhone 6s in my case)

2. Desktop amp or DAC/amp combo (eg: Objective O2 DAC+amp combo device), and whether they would even benefit from a DAC over say onboard audio from a PC?

I'm considering picking up a pair. Already have original HD 598's but looking at getting a second pair so I have one at home and one at work. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

2. Desktop amp or DAC/amp combo (eg: Objective O2 DAC+amp combo device), and whether they would even benefit from a DAC over say onboard audio from a PC?

I'm considering picking up a pair. Already have original HD 598's but looking at getting a second pair so I have one at home and one at work. 

Here is Head-Fi's review: They tested it on an iPhone, a leading Android device at the time of review (LG V20) and several DAC/amps, ranging from entry-level to super high-end. The short version is: these will scale very well to whatever is driving them. Phones provide an acceptable to good experience, and all the amps they tested were able to stretch their range well. If you have an amp, use it, but if you don't yet, these can still work for a casual setup.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

UGH, guess I should Re-re-re update my post in the hot deals.....

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just signed up for the drop - $215 USD ($200 for the drop, $15 for international shipping) - at the current rate, that'd be $275 CAD, which is damn good.

CAD economy has been pretty strong lately, so let's hope the exchange rate creeps up between now and the time the drop finishes xD

Unfortunately, shipping ETA is December 18th or something. So basically, it'll be a kickass Christmas present for myself.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

So basically, it'll be a kickass Christmas present for myself.

Exactly what I thought when I ordered mine xD

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

Exactly what I thought when I ordered mine xD

It's going to be hard to wait that long - in fact, I'll probably forget I even ordered them lol.

I'll try em out directly on my PC (work PC + personal laptop) and on my iPhone 6s without an Amp, but I will likely eventually pickup at the very least, a desktop Amp eventually.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

It's going to be hard to wait that long - in fact, I'll probably forget I even ordered them lol.

I'll try em out directly on my PC (work PC + personal laptop) and on my iPhone 6s without an Amp, but I will likely eventually pickup at the very least, a desktop Amp eventually.

Yeah I ordered an Aune X7S, and am going to get a balanced XLR cable for mine

On 7/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, dalekphalm said:

HD 600/650/6XX can benefit from better upstream gear, sometimes significantly - but only if you have music that isn't mastered to hell.

O2/ODAC wouldn't be my first choice unless that's what you already have. Fulla 2 or Vali 2 are good options.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

HD 600/650/6XX can benefit from better upstream gear, sometimes significantly - but only if you have music that isn't mastered to hell.

O2/ODAC wouldn't be my first choice unless that's what you already have. Fulla 2 or Vali 2 are good options.

Thanks for the suggestions - I mentioned the O2 because it was recommended in a few reviews.

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can buy a Fulla 2 in Canada?

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Thanks for the suggestions - I mentioned the O2 because it was recommended in a few reviews.

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can buy a Fulla 2 in Canada?

I believe you can order directly from the Schiit site, otherwise they should have links to one or more Canadian distributors on the international section of their site as well.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I just have to get by with my current cans for the next five months.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |