Mystery HTC Phone Scores 36,000 On AnTuTu, Is This The M8?

Youbetternot

Could it be a mystery HTC phone that scored 36,000 on AnTuTu be the M8? The Score beats all flagship phone even Note 3 at 34,000. IF you don't understand this m language, the m7 is the One so the M8 is the successor to the One. Some Reported specs are  5-inch display, new UltraPixel camera, similar design elements as the One and a Snapdragon 800 chipset.

5568-d52e1774_680_400.jpg

An announced HTC phone took the AnTuTu challenge, only to emerge with flying colors. A score of 36,000 is very respectable, and beats almost every flagship Smartphone by every top OEM from across the globe. Could we be looking at the first benchmark of the HTC M8?

HTC M8 is the internal codename for the company's successor to M7 (One). This confirms that the M8 is nothing else but HTC's flagship Smartphone for 2014. Alleged specifications include a 5-inch display, new UltraPixel camera, similar design elements as the One and a Snapdragon 800 chipset. Looking at the score, it is likely that HTC is using the new MSM8974AB variant of Qualcomm's high-end mobile SoC, which features improved memory bandwidth, faster GPU clock speeds and slightly higher CPU core frequency as well.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5568/mystery-htc-phone-scores-36-000-on-antutu-is-this-the-m8.html

5568-1504ae9b.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

does anyone even care about phone benchmarks except for the people that do them?

it's getting kind of silly, it's not that big of a deal as it might be compared to a desktop CPU.

Error: 410

does anyone even care about phone benchmarks except for the people that do them?

It's good to know the successor to the One would be a pretty awesome phone

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

u wot m8?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

It's worth noting that AnTuTu is a terrible, terrible benchmark and the score should not be taken seriously. It's nice to see that HTC is working on a successor to the One, but a Snapdragon 800 in Q1 might be too little, too late.

I'm holding out a little to buy this phone, my contract ran out a month ago but I figured I may as well wait for the next HTC One to get the most out of it.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

I'll be selling my One to buy this, if this is the case :D

If it looks like the concept I'll cum my pants. it never does though :(