Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PETG/Acrylic Spiral Tube Bending

Go to solution Solved by VVoltor,

1. Barely any more resistance than a straight tube of the same length, water has no problem going around a bend, as long as the diameter of the tube is the same.

2. Incredibly difficult to get it as neat as in that picture, especially if you're a beginner. I'd suggest finding a premade one, maybe repurposing a spiral tube from something else.

Hi guys,

I was looking for something to spice up my next water cooled build and I saw some examples of people bending hardline tubing in spiral shapes (like in the photo below). My question is how much resistance would something like this add to the loop and is it really hard to achieve with hardline tubes? I could only find 1-2 builds where it has actually been implemented which means there must be some major problem in the way. Thanks in advance!

TB2jM6xdk1M.eBjSZFFXXc3vVXa_!!48579786.j

i9 12900K | 3080Ti FE | 32GB T-Force 8-pack binned edition @3600 CL14

1. Barely any more resistance than a straight tube of the same length, water has no problem going around a bend, as long as the diameter of the tube is the same.

2. Incredibly difficult to get it as neat as in that picture, especially if you're a beginner. I'd suggest finding a premade one, maybe repurposing a spiral tube from something else.

Does you mum know you're here?

Heating something like a metal tube in the oven, then carefully heat up the acrylic/petg as well. Set the metal tube on something and try and wrap the tubing around it. The heat from the rod, will help keep the acrylic/petg soft enough to bend. To cool it down, just pore some water into the metal tube.

I believe thats how you can get a result like that, but it will require some trial and error.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I've made spirals with hardline no problem, the biggest challenge was to actually remove the silicon insert. Would highly recommend removing the silicon as you go up the helix.