What does Linus media group do with all those gaming PC build and uploaded on YouTube?

Do any one know that what do they do with all those new pc builds?

They build it for the video and then take it apart and put the parts on stock shelves in their office. In office tour videos from when they were first moving in to the big office, they showed their shelving setups with a ton of parts.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Who knows? Maybe they disassemble and store the parts on those never-ending spiral of shelves. Or maybe they send the parts back to a manufacturer.

they disassemble them almost immediately after filming. stuff like the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, etc. is re-used in other projects/builds, and stuff like the case is also sometimes reused, but is sometimes just chucked in storage.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

They mostly re-use the hardware they put into the systems for other stuff afterwards... Or give it back to the guys who sponsored the build. I don't know what deals they make, you might want to ask Linus, Nick or Colton I think...

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

Take it apart and reuse for other builds/projects.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Tear them back down and either use parts elsewhere or return them to the manufacturer they were loaned them from mostly. 

Rarely do they leave them together. I believe there was a video explaining at some point

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

Who knows? Maybe they disassemble and store the parts on those never-ending spiral of shelves. Or maybe they send the parts back to a manufacturer.

Uh, pretty much everybody here knows.

Only certain review units are sent back to the manufacturer, most of the time they keep the stuff or sometimes buy it themselves when a manufacturer won't send them one for free.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Vespertine said:

Who knows?

I'd like to solve the puzzle

The Builds Get Disassembled

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'd like to solve the puzzle

The Builds Get Disassembled

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Uh, pretty much everybody here knows.

Only certain review units are sent back to the manufacturer, most of the time they keep the stuff or sometimes buy it themselves when a manufacturer won't send them one for free.

Woah okay, chill. Looks like I have to add /s at the end of my post so you all think I was joking and what-not, the wheel of fortune is too much pressure for me ok.

They are offered as sacrifice to the electronic gods on a bed of hair that has been ripped from the heads of I.T. personnel by themselves, unread technical manuals and once all is ash it is quenched with their tears while reciting ignored emails that told users not to do the things they did that brought the network down.

They take them apart and put the stuff back in boxes for later use or send it back to the sponsor/manufacturer/whatever.
In the moving vlogs you can see their inventory system and stock shelves, at least the temporary ones they had up.
They have a lot of stuff, GPU bin, etc.

I make bad life decisions.

8 hours ago, Herun adhikari said:

don't they conduct giveaways for those cases?

Only in rare situations where sponsor wants to do so. Doing worldwide giveaways is pain in general (different laws) and even NA only would be costly to ship it. So they really don't do whole system giveaways unless someone else pays for shipping and handling fees. Which is why you see laptops and monitors as biggest giveaway items. And even those are from manufacturers who can ship it from their own warehouses/distribution centers. Like LG, Samsung and Razer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

We've also seen some LMG hardware up for sale on their local craigslist.

While I'm on the outside looking in, it's pretty clear that they keep what they need for future builds or for comparison testing (So you can have a few generations of old stuff to bench against newer generations) and it slowly gets sold off when it's not needed for one reason or another, presumably with employees getting first dibs.

26 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

We've also seen some LMG hardware up for sale on their local craigslist.

While I'm on the outside looking in, it's pretty clear that they keep what they need for future builds or for comparison testing (So you can have a few generations of old stuff to bench against newer generations) and it slowly gets sold off when it's not needed for one reason or another, presumably with employees getting first dibs.

Wait they have a craigslist, do they have ebay too.

Just now, HelpMeOrIWillSuffer said:

I'm not sure, but I am certain that the Fury's from 7 Gamers 1 PC were all put up on Craigslist.  Someone on the forum noted it, it clearly said they had seven and they were 'formerly water cooled' and later someone from LMG confirmed it.  I have no idea what other parts have turned up but I'm sure it's happened.

14 hours ago, HelpMeOrIWillSuffer said:

Probably not. They are doing it with low costs and low profile. Shipping outside Canada would be issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/6/2017 at 2:33 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Probably not. They are doing it with low costs and low profile. Shipping outside Canada would be issue.

Aw , I thought i could get some kewl stuff

53 minutes ago, HelpMeOrIWillSuffer said:

Aw , I thought i could get some kewl stuff

You know you could just get Fury's and other such stuff from local dealers? Like when they had 27'' iMac in store for over a year and no one bought it. The stuff in there isn't that special, unless you really, really care about "used in build" -value. Which for PC parts isn't that amazing thing. Linus' knife would be whole another thing since its been in hundreds of videos instead of just one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

You know you could just get Fury's and other such stuff from local dealers? Like when they had 27'' iMac in store for over a year and no one bought it. The stuff in there isn't that special, unless you really, really care about "used in build" -value. Which for PC parts isn't that amazing thing. Linus' knife would be whole another thing since its been in hundreds of videos instead of just one.

Pretty much.  While I'm sure there'd be a 'fan audience' for an 'LTT eBay Store' it'd also attract a lot of troll bids too.  And, while I still am just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure that LTT just liquidates redundant or too-old material because having the storage space itself costs money and the hardware is doing no real 'work' for them.  Might as well turn it into some cash.  LTT gets case, the hardware needed to be stored remains practical and some builder or gamer somewhere else in BC gets a decent deal on hardware.  It's a win across the board.