Savage Jerky shipping to Europe?

Pretty much as the title says, do Savage Jerky ship to European country? Do I have to order directly from their website? Do import taxes get calculated during the checkout or would I receive a "surprise" when the package arrive?

Dunno where to post sponsored contenent related stuff, so I'll go with off topic :D

56 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Pretty much as the title says, do Savage Jerky ship to European country? Do I have to order directly from their website? Do import taxes get calculated during the checkout or would I receive a "surprise" when the package arrive?

Dunno where to post sponsored contenent related stuff, so I'll go with off topic :D

I suppose you ain't trollin', the import fee is measured by the item's estimated value, so i think in EU its something around 150 euro but i am not sure. Theyll contact you about the fee when the item arrives at cell control (or how u call it). Try writing then an email about the shipping.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, ErrantNyles said:

They do ship to eu and shipping will be calculated in checkout 10-20$

but keep in mind its eu ... so add another 21% PLUS import taxes ... cause you know EU likes to rip us off 

Let's agree to disagree

18 hours ago, dave_k said:

I suppose you ain't trollin', the import fee is measured by the item's estimated value, so i think in EU its something around 150 euro but i am not sure. Theyll contact you about the fee when the item arrives at cell control (or how u call it). Try writing then an email about the shipping.

Why should I be trolling?

18 hours ago, MrTiC said:

but keep in mind its eu ... so add another 21% PLUS import taxes ... cause you know EU likes to rip us off 

So it happens that to ITALY shipping was 22,50$ on the cheapest option, that's quite a lot. I did use the discount code correctly and bought a few of them. Hopefully they don't take extra taxes on the arrival (but much likely, yeah.)

14 hours ago, yathis said:

Why dont you just buy Jerky local to you and support your own community?

There's no "local jerky" recipe here. And basically, only one in Italy in Rome ("Coppiette romane") and they aren't either much spicy or special, they are just jerky with pepper. I'm very curious to try out different tastes like that, so yeah I'm trying. Will update when they arrive. Thank you guys :)

You could try making your own jerky, its quite simple plus tons of recipes online.

Its a very simple process.

13 hours ago, yathis said:

You could try making your own jerky, its quite simple plus tons of recipes online.

Its a very simple process.

I've never eaten jerky. But if I like it, I'm surely gonna do this, thanks for the tip :)

• 2 months later...
On 3.7.2017 at 11:51 PM, MrTiC said:

I bought mugs from the US a month ago and let them ship to Europe. No taxes whatsoever

4 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Why would you want this stuff lol :D 

Because it's tasty, and in many countries, there isn't a good selection of Beef Jerky in local retail stores.

I tried it, and the Buffalo Maple Bacon jerky was kickass. The teriyaki was okay (My fiancee loved it, but I didn't). I likely won't buy again given how expensive it is after shipping and conversion to CAD.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 6 months later...

On 04/07/2017 at 5:14 PM, ErrantNyles said:

So it happens that to ITALY shipping was 22,50$ on the cheapest option, that's quite a lot. I did use the discount code correctly and bought a few of them. Hopefully they don't take extra taxes on the arrival (but much likely, yeah.)

Just wondering if you ended up paying anymore import taxes on arrival?

On 30/09/2017 at 4:24 PM, dalekphalm said:

Because it's tasty, and in many countries, there isn't a good selection of Beef Jerky in local retail stores.

And most probably contain nitrates and bad stuff. Ofc red meat by itself is still bad but Nitrates are carcinogens.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 7/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, ErrantNyles said:

Depends on the country, but here in Belgium:

Small packets often pass through customs without getting opened, in this case you don't pay anything (China stuff)

Large stuff, especially electronics like phones or laptops, gets opened.

If your stuff costs less than 25€, you pay 20€ "customs processing fee" because they took the time to open your package.

If your stuff costs more, you pay VAT (in Belgium's case, 21%) on the item.

That's it.

Since this is concerning food - they will hold the item until you pay the import fee, so it might spoil (though, considering it's beef jerky it's not a big issue here).

The issue here is whether Savage Jerky charges any kind of tax at checkout. For example, when I ordered my Surface Book 2 from amazonUS to EU, they automatically estimated, took (slightly more) and paid the import tax, and refunded me difference. Because Amazon already knew it was being shipped outside the US, they didn't take any California or US based tax.

image.png.52d13ee60d386d47b3b96d7845e1bac6.png

But how this works with Savage Jerky - I do not know.

Edit:

They do, in fact ship to various countries in Europe... But not Belgium! *wails, waaaahhaaha waaa I want my JEEEERRKKKYYYY*

image.thumb.png.ab086f57ce3b2a8af8de6f0410612d03.png

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

7 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

-stuff-

I can confirm this. The "import taxes" are just your country's VAT

MaxthonSnap20180422220420.png.694e76232a39550bb3d91edfdfea3ace.png

21% is indeed 210$ so it's correct (shipped to belgium)

• 6 months later...

They do not deliver in France... *sad*

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Damn! I ordered with them in 2017 (nov 2, 2017 to be exact) and wanted to order again, only to see they don't ship to belgium anymore.. Why??!!!! It was so delicious :( It's not kind to let me taste something that great and then just take it away!

(I know it's something about importing food to EU that has strange limitations they don't want to deal with, but damn man, that maple buffalo bacon is the best bacon jerky I tasted! Here's hoping they might want to deal with it in the future..)

On 4/22/2018 at 8:31 AM, AluminiumTech said:

And most probably contain nitrates and bad stuff. Ofc red meat by itself is still bad but Nitrates are carcinogens.

You gotta die some time for some reason. I rather be fat and happy when I go. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 7/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, thicc_boi said:

I'm pretty sure there are also laws in the EU about importing food, especially meat.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!