Have I got my rad fan placement right?

I think this was the 'linus approved' method of fan placement for a radiator if I'm not mistaken

So the air is pulling up through the rad and exahusting out the top for easier cleaning of dust on the bottom. Is that right?

I ask because my temperatures suck and always have done with this cooler, it's a Corsair H110iGT. For example I'm trying to overclock my i7 2700k but I can't even push 4.6 GHz @3.2v without the temperature going to the late 80s with prime 95.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20170701_125850.jpg

yeah, that is the setup, sucking fan from inside the case, through the radiator, through the fans and out the top

also see if you can get away with a lower volt on your core volt

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

it doesnt matter whether you have a pull or push config. I'd go for push on a top config so the radiator between the fans and the top of the case will block a bit of the fan noise

4 minutes ago, Changis said:

yeah, that is the setup, sucking fan from inside the case, through the radiator, through the fans and out the top

also see if you can get away with a lower volt on your core volt

Ah glad I got it right. That's a low as it'll go without crashing. I've just stepped it down to 4.5gz so I'm lowering from there.

Not quite the performance I was expecting but I suppose the chip must be around 6 years old by now so perhaps that has something to do with it 

Just now, trace6x said:

Ah glad I got it right. That's a low as it'll go without crashing. I've just stepped it down to 4.5gz so I'm lowering from there.

Not quite the performance I was expecting but I suppose the chip must be around 6 years old by now so perhaps that has something to do with it 

only thing i couldn't confirm is that the fans actually blow out :P but i'm assuming you checked this when installing the fans

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

1 minute ago, Changis said:

only thing i couldn't confirm is that the fans actually blow out :P but i'm assuming you checked this when installing the fans

The 4 bits of plastic mean the fans are blowing outside the case right? Wish they'd put arrows on these things!

IMG_20170701_131836.jpg

Just now, trace6x said:

The 4 bits of plastic mean the fans are blowing outside the case right? Wish they'd put arrows on these things!

IMG_20170701_131836.jpg

they do indeed, so yeah, that is the "linus" way of radiator mounting (sans dropping it a few times)

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Changis said:

they do indeed, so yeah, that is the "linus" way of radiator mounting (sans dropping it a few times)

Ah good glad I got it right!

2 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

3.2v?

Core voltage

3 minutes ago, trace6x said:

Ah good glad I got it right!

Core voltage

There is no way your voltage is at 3.2. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1159500/1-45v-core-voltage-is-safe-for-i7-2600k-2700k

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

11 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

My suggestion would be sure its mounted correctly and reapply thermal paste. 

I've remounted it maybe twice over the last few months and I remember getting similar results.

I'm currently at 4.5ghz @1.28v and the temperatures are still in the early 80s

2 minutes ago, trace6x said:

I've remounted it maybe twice over the last few months and I remember getting similar results.

I'm currently at 4.5ghz @1.28v and the temperatures are still in the early 80s

How long have you had it for?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/69tt91/have_an_old_h100_aio_cooler_check_your_temps/

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

This is a stupid question, but is your pump at full RPM?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R