Screen tearing when Hardware Acceleration disabled in Chrome

Hi everyone, so I have had this problem of my screen turning black every time a YouTube video loaded or certain elements on other websites and the solution to that turned out to be turning off hardware acceleration. So I turned it off, but it turned out that when I do that I get screen tearing. It's horizontal screen tearing and it's most noticeable in YouTube videos where things move up or down at a high speed, but it can also be seen when things go sideways, just not as much. It's painful to watch and the only way to fix it that I know of is to turn hardware acceleration on, which in turn introduces the horrible black screen problem... I have a GTX 970 Strix btw.

I've already tried multiple ways to fix this, which have all failed:
- Turned on VSync in NVIDIA settings
- Turned it off again and on again and restarted the browser
- Turned off smooth scrolling
- Used D3DOverrider
- Turned on Triple buffering in NVIDIA settings
- Messed with framerates of my monitor
- Reseated the HDMI cable in both the monitor and GPU
- Downloaded the smoothscrolling addon
- Update my graphics driver
- Update my browser
- Tried Edge and Firefox, but I don't wanna switch because I've used chrome for so long I don't wanna have to go and switch

So much thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

Windows 10 | GTX 970 | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x | 128GB Ripjaws V 

30 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

DDU see if that helps 

I believe you have just solved my problem! Hardware acceleration is off and I just tested a screen tearing test on youtube which I used before, and there is no tearing! Only if I move my mouse over it and stuff there is minor tearing, but I can deal with that since I don't move my mouse while watching a vid!! I don't think the screen turns black, haven't seen it happen yet, but it happened randomly and not that often when HA was turned on, so I hope this fixed it! Thanks!

EDIT: welp... Just like always when I think something is solved, it returns. It's not as bad rn, it mainly happens when the camera moves but I have to look into it more

On 6/28/2017 at 0:37 AM, bcguru9384 said:

what type monitor and how is it cabled to pc

Sorry for late reply. I'm using an LCD and I use HDMI, but it actually seems to not have fixed the tearing but it did fix the black screen problem. I've turned on HA and it doesn't get a black screen! It doesn't tear so I believe it's fixed