Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Anyway here are the pretty pictures

What pictures? o_O

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Thanks for reading and soon, soon i can have the benchmark shootout with @Mr.Meerkat! Looking forwards to the win!

*Looking forwards to the loose ;) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What pictures? o_O

yah they didnt upload, im fixing it right now lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What pictures? o_O

Ok, done, its fixed. not just the pictures died, the entire spoiler nuked lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

UPDATE

FINALY, ITS DONE!

Wow, this has been quite the journy, but im smack dab on time for the predicted time, fall 2017!(now i just need to source a new mobo for the Toaster -_-) Its been amazing and it LOOKS amazing, now here are the benchmarks i ran, these will not be the ones i battle @Mr.Meerkat with though, these are just the ones im running more or less 24/7(exept 4.7GHz-4.8GHz CPU because 5GHz dosent play nice with 6h sessions of Paladins lol):

Spoiler

Stock clocks:

Spoiler

CPU-Z@Stock.PNG.2b4870cb12561ded92b43d7f08e15123.PNG

Furmark@Stock.PNG.8358197d1497025ac6366c69deaadf9c.PNG

Heaven@Stock.PNG.e60300ae6b7136f0258c3e758617d6fe.PNG

RealBench@Stock.PNG.8e28c36e636b193759fff1a3765c502f.PNG

And overclocked:

Spoiler

59c51cd476bcd_Furmark@70550GPU-WTR.PNG.57a948bb7c40420d4fa78fcaea2c934d.PNG

59c51cd5cde25_Heaven@70GPU.PNG.e8d65b86d10811cceb0eac7f9fd6c94c.PNG

59c51cd78e80c_RealBench@70550GPU.thumb.png.faf53894665a9094739d8d222d24f69e.png

CPU-Z i did too but i seem to have lost that picture...

These are just screengrabs, all overclocked benches were run at 5GHz 1.375V core and 4.5GHz +0.2V Cache on the CPU and the 1080 running ~2075.5MHz core and 1389.2MHz memory and 2002MHz 11-13-12-36. CPU temps are now 54C on the coldest core and 63C on the hottest running 5GHz 1.375V and the GPU never reached above 36C in Furmark with an around 18-20C ambient temperature. :D the CPU isnt fantastic, the delid was sortof worth it but the temperature is down not even 10C over all and there is about a 10C from hotest to coldest core differance -_- the GPU temp though, now THAT is crazy! over 2GHz and never reaching above 36C is to me atleast freaking insaine! the Heatkiller IV really is a fantastic GPU waterblock and i am verry happy with every single one of those SEK i spend on it and the backplate! I have also replaced the pump so the loop looks a bit different now:

Spoiler

IMG_20170922_161605.thumb.jpg.7c51573685fa387d4c4fa392d00d14d7.jpg

The picture looks like shit but i tried to make it better with manual mode but that was the best one i got -_- looks amazing in person atleast and now with the new pump i can actiually hear whats happaning in game again! xD The pump had quite a large internal volume though so the res level is a bit low :/ 

There is still the benchmark shootout to do so the details will have to be discussed but im confident that im winning everything but the Cinnebench multi core and whatever other heavely CPU based benchmarks we decide to do that can take more then 4 cores 8 threads effectivly. I can clock higher then this and im still benchmark stabile btw ;) 

Thanks for following this build, its been amazing and im super happy with it! Im really glad i decided on this fluid in the end, and these components in general. Deliding was quite the experience and i screwed it up the first time, but this time i have obviously done it more right :) The only thing i would change would be swapping the front 360 rad for a 280 one so i can have my basement back and have a proper HDD mounting location :P 

Thats all for now, might come future updates but beyond more benchmarks they will be scarce because this project is now done! :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

updated the OP with all the watercooling gear i ended up using :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, this isnt much of an update seeing as i havent changed anything. anyway i have been running the CPU at stock for quite a while now, it just isnt happy with going 4.7GHz for some things, once you get load on the GPU and CPU it just seems to die -_- strange seeing as it does benchmarks just fine at that. anyway it got un usable for youtube so i put it back to stock and its not fun but its stabile as a mountain at least. Im incredably torn on computers right now in general, seeing as have realized i have spend around €4500 on computers, periferals and related in total. the things i could have done for that money instead... its not like i havent enjoyed computers, building and so on but the amount of other fun i could have had for that money just makes me sad. 

I could get myself an OC Formula board and a Maximus VI Impact for the Toaster, but i just cant find any justification for it. like what do i gain from spending this money... i dont need the OC Formula board and im happy with the performance i have, but i kind of want it because it would complete the look. the thing is that i wouldent gain any performance most likely and it would be pretty much hell to rebuild the entire computer just for that at this point, but it would look really nice... the Maximus VI Impact i can sortof see a gain in, but at €80 + shipping its hard to not go for some other board, but then again i have no clue what other options i have beause LGA1150 ITX boards are a bit rare tbh

anyway thats about it, nothing has really changed, got no new pictures or anything really. could potentially get a parttime job pretty soon so if i get that im getting the boards, but thats uncertain and id need to know that pretty freaking soon...

Builds:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

New backgrounds!

So the build has been great on me, its doing everything as well as the games can utilize it, which is like 40% GPU and 25% CPU for Paladins -_- anyway i threw a message to @Joka232 asking about new backgrounds, he provided the old one with the awesome owl themed in orange and grey mainly, and while that one is awesome, i felt it didnt really fit my new theme. He replied back to me, and i now have some absolutely AWESOME new backgrounds! He did an amazing job at them, and honestly the only one of my monitors that does it justice would be my main one because of the blacks(its a VA panel, the sides are TN) :P Anyway here is a screenshot of my awesome new desktop:

Spoiler

newdesktop.thumb.png.874fcb4eae46c063ec51ab757fd996e8.png

Again, huge thanks to @Joka232 for provideing my new desktop, i look forward to seeing it more! :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

might swap out the fluid to this stuff for chistmas:

https://www.primochill.com/collections/vue-unique-visual/products/primochill-vue-pre-mix-32oz-yellow

PC-V32-OY.jpg?v=1510008560

would be really cool to see the flow, but idk i like the solid look too

Builds:

Spoiler

On 11/19/2017 at 12:52 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

• Vue is NOT compatible with Mayhems Pastel fluid. Results may vary even after a full system flush if your loop previously had Mayhems pastel.

The risk is yours to take.

13 hours ago, For Science! said:

The risk is yours to take.

Guess I'm not then... Must have missed that part :(

Builds:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Stuff for the futre, i aint done here just yet!

well haveing lived with Northern Bee for a while now, gotten it all set up and stuff and loveing the performance, there are going to be a few changes to it, and probably somewhere between christmas and new years. have a few things id like to adress with the build and maybe change:

Fans are going to change, not all of them, il be keeping my two fractal fans but the other three are going away. they will either be replaced by three other identical fractal fans or SP 120s with whie LEDs.

CPU block is most likely being swapped for a Heatkiller IV Pro plexi because i dislike this block

will re do the delid once more

im going to change the fluid to my other bottle of mayhems pastel i havent opened yet, i need to top off the loop but i have no more from the original bottle and idk about mixing the two beyond what i cant get out of the tubes and stuff

I want to mount the GPU vertically, i want to see the fluid and the block rather than the backplate, this would also most likely hide the HDD

RAM is going to be changed from 2x8GB 1866MHz to 4x4GB 2133MHz

I want to add lighting for the CPU area, unsure how as of now

I want custom sleaved cables in yellow and white, especially for the PCIe cables because i only have 8 pins on 8 + 6+2 pins and i didnt want to daisychain because performance

thats about if for the plan, no clue what of that will happen beyond the fans and the RAM though, fans i know im getting for christmas already and the RAM i have already bough for myself xD the vertical GPU i REALLY want to do though and it shouldnt be too much of a problem, but unlike most of what i do that HAS to be extremely properly done, or my frame is ruined...

anyway, if you have any opinion on this stuff or whatever id love to hear it, thats all for now though :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

I made a vertical GPU bracket!

Yep, i made a vertical GPU bracket! Turned out a bit wanky and its not 100% done yet seeing as im missing as rubber spacer but after thats screwed or glued in place its done!

I used as windowsill as my starting material because it was pretty much my only choice, turned out to be a pretty perfect one. Its 1mm aluminum with some premade bends so i used one of them and cut the other one, anyway here are some pictures of the construction, i can go into more detail if anyone wants me to but just pictures for now:

Spoiler

20171215_195451.thumb.jpg.a28b45ded89b67c634418618bc2e3bb8.jpg

20171215_210800.thumb.jpg.4caddc97f60e06647e4eade3bd5e8855.jpg

JPEG_20171215_223428.thumb.jpg.6f2f1fdf3ed6849077c807036084bcdf.jpg

Might look pretty strange to those that have seen other vertical GPU brackets, but this mounts with the black parts towards the inside of the case and allows me to have other expansion cards, not just a GPU, which i kind of need to seeing as i use a soundcard. That is also the reason i made one myself, becaue all the ones on the market i could find took up all 7 expansion slots, so i couldnt have anything but the GPU in there and they would also need me to destroy all the little metal parts separateing the slots, this instead mounts the GPU besides them where the Define C has about 4.5cm of mesh where it will go in just fine and where i can make a less destructive hole for the cables. I have checked fit all throughout the construction with both my 1080 and the Deifne C to ensure this is going to work, and so far it looks perfect :D 

There will be no work done with the system untill probably the 25th or 26th, depends on how wrecked i am on the 25th lol(we celebrate christmas on the 24th here in Sweden). Next update, like proper update, will be once i have taken apart the loop, i will be cleaning it all(noticed quite a bit of potential gunk in the GPU block while working on this :/), re doing some parts of it, fitting this bracket, swapping the two Lian Li fans and the black front one for three new Fractal Dynamic fans i know im getting for christmas because i helped mom buy them and potentially swaping the CPU block becasue im not liking this one at all. Il also be probably cleaning up the cable mess around my desk while im at it and also if i swap the CPU block il re apply the LM under the IHS to hopefully get the 10c core to core difference to go away :dry:

Thats about it for now, looking foward to working more on Northern Bee :D

Builds:

Spoiler

not really an update, but in a way kindof? anyway il be tradeing my G750M for a OCZ 1kW gold spec(more like plat spec really but that wasent a thing when it was made) unit tomorrow or monday, sadly it has coilwhine, might slap it in Northern Bee or it will be my new play around PSU, probably the latter seeing as its not modular and i dont think i would have room for the extra cables in the basement. also i want sleved cables so non modular is kinda out of the question to begin with. also monday should be the day i tear the system appart, something is clearly up with my CPU block though, it keeps filling up to ~20% with air :/ 

short list of what is planned for monday so far:

Installation of the vertical GPU bracket(ok, well shit just realized i havent actiually bought the riser cable yet as i was wrighting this...)

flipping of the 360 rad

new fans for the 240mm rad and one new for the 360

new loop order and a couple new tubes

new fluid(wont be flushing much seeing as i am just putting a new round of the same stuff in)

hopefully some lighting for the CPU area, because thats entrirely dark

if i somehow get sleeved cables for christmas those will be installed too, but i doubt anyone figured out how to buy that seeing as mom was haveing trouble just finding the fans lol

yah, this turned out to be more of an update then i planed, but whatever. now i just need to figure out how the hell im getting hold of a 16x riser in 2 weekend days.... most of this wont be happaning unless i manage to do that, well it will happen but later :/ 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

GPU is going vertical yo!

Finally getting to work on this project again! Drained the loop took of all the fans, put the two white ones from the 360 on the 240 and my three new fans on the 360 :D Then the rest of the day was spent thinking about how to mount everything again :P Ended up doing quite a bit of grinding and cutting with my dremmel on the vertical GPU bracket to make the HDD bracket fit together with it seeing as they will be sitting in the same expansion slots. Here are a few pictures of the progress so far, not much done but one hell of a mess made like usual xD

Spoiler

GbtGYUm.jpg

o4Q57eG.jpg

rC0BwLD.jpg

bGU4cth.jpg

Right now im on the Toaster writing this, its a joy really because its whisper quiet under no load, love the Toaster so much :x Sadly it doesn't have any audio out and i cant just steal a dac from downstairs like last time i had to use it so im stuck with my monitors crappy audio because the pass through doesn't want to work -_- 

Got a new loop order planned out too, here is a picture of the plan:

Spoiler

flow.png.fea86520e7bf83d20edbb7be08775f12.png

Thats about it for todays update, more work tomorrow! :D

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

GPU is vertical

This is so awesome, spent the entire day building and now im almost there, im only 1L of fluid, a riser cable and some cable management away from done! :D Started out with cleaning the GPU block, that took about 2h because the backplates thermal pads were so sticky, but once i had that off it went easy. Also had to chop up the bracket some more to fit the soundcard and cleaned up the cut from the cut to fit the HDD bracket from yesterday. Mounting it in was harder than i expected but ended up not being too hard, what took a little while to figure out was how id get the GPU in with the bracket installed, but it ended up not being too hard in the end. Also made a spacer from an old eraser and some black electrical tape. Its there because the GPU bracket isnt solid enough in its construction and ends up flexing quite a bit with the massive GPU installed xD the 1.5mm aluminium dosent really hold too well to a ~2kg GPU as expected :P Spent a lot of time figuring out how to do all the new tubing runs now that i flipped the 360 rad, ended up being simpler than i first thought, no crazy behind the case wall runs in the end and while it looks pretty messy i like it, it really fills in the case and paired with the GPU being vertical its great IMO. The hardest run was from the 360 rad to the GPU, it had to come out at a strange angle but after some wrestling with the 240 rad and a 45 degree fitting it all worked in the end and ended up being decent. Cleaned up some of the cables as well, not that you will ever see that because the GPU covers them but it made it a lot easier to work on the runs that go to the pump :D Assembled and disassembled basically everything three times today during building :P

Anyway here are some build pics:

Spoiler

BDQqFrJ.jpg

HgSxcqM.jpg

srgWdnz.jpg

Didnt take a lot of pictures during the build really, was too distracted building lol. Im pretty much done for now because i need that damn riser before i can really finish it up, so here is what it looks like right now :x

Spoiler

HwZLXxu.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update as much as i did :D This is going to look sooooooo good once im done!

Builds:

Spoiler

I personally hope you're able to remove all of the clutter because it looks EXTREMELY claustrophobic inside that case. However, you making that vertical GPU bracket is fantastic work! Definitely amazing! Just tidy it up and I think it going to be clean asf. Also, red RAM sticks with yellow coolant... planning on swapping those out?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

9 hours ago, Brehohn said:

I personally hope you're able to remove all of the clutter because it looks EXTREMELY claustrophobic inside that case. However, you making that vertical GPU bracket is fantastic work! Definitely amazing! Just tidy it up and I think it going to be clean asf. Also, red RAM sticks with yellow coolant... planning on swapping those out?

Yah I have a dream to get those re anodized in yellow or maybe il paint them white. Same with the motherboard heatsinks

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Northern Bee goes vertical, then breaks and goes "dual GPU"!

So i dont even know what im doing anymore if feels like, but wow have i had a lot of fun, pain and troubble with this build xD there has been literal blod sweat and trears put into this update, quite a bit of the blod part actiually :| So lets just run this in chronological order then:

In the last update i had the loop done, GPU vertical and everything internally sorted out i thought, then the cable arived when i got home and naturally i got to work! The cable was then as those that follow my status updates know too short, but i found a fix to that by moveing the bracket up one notch and i also had to move the HDD forward as far as possible, so far so good and everything went pretty smooth up to this point. got the GPU installed, and it looked great.

Then i had to figure out how the heck i would fill my loop, but with some force i managed to rip out the reservoid and get access to the top fill port and managed to get the at first really not pastel mayhems pastel sunset yellow into the loop. got about 1/5th of the bottle in and it was starting to fill in the GPU and it looked awesome! then i poured in more and noticed that it wasent filling up more... looked on the table and sure as hell the entire table, all the manuals, screws, components, antistatic bags and so on were now distinctly yellow... one of the fittings on the pump had come loose when working on getting the GPU in and i checked every single fitting besides the ones on the pump it seems, but i got that sorted fairly quickly and not too much got out so it was bad, but could have been worse for sure. Then filling up the rest and working on getting the air out, one of the fittings on the reservoid worked its way loose and poured a bunch of coolant all over the interior of Northern Bee, PSU, Rier cable, sound card and the GPU all got a nice splash on them. Cleaned that up and managed to fill up the rest and work the air out without further problems though and at this point all the fluid in the loop was solidly pastel as it should be so all was good. Looked really good:

Spoiler

20180105_134433.thumb.jpg.e99bbfcea28a9b83bc9cdcbb78641697.jpg

It sat over night and then booting it up the next day was EXTREMELY SLOW. this was the first time in about one and a half weeks it has been started up but that dosent usiually do anything for boot times but once i was in the OS it was compleatly un usable, slow and unresponsive with core one and two being maxed out all the time and the C: Drive maxed out all the time as well with GPU spiking to 100% usage as well pretty frequently. Managed to get it to run a few updates it aparently had to do and that seemed to help a small amount but it was still pretty garbage. I tried uninstalling graphics drivers and with no graphics driver installed it was actually working great but once they were installed it went to shit instantly :( Soundcard driver seemed to shit itself so i resintalled that as well but nothing seemed to help it software wise so i tried swapping out the 1080 for a GeForce 8600 from the meme build(il post a log once im done with this lol) and that worked perfectly! only problems being that 1: i could only use one screen 2: its a turd performance wise, so that wasent a solution but i started playing around with angles of the cable and stuff and in the end i ended up doing nothing and went to sleep. So i woke up todate and just took the 1050TI from the Toaster and i now have that, pluged into the riser, laying on the case floor with all the screens plugged in and this works perfectly for some damn reason! So right now Northern Bee is dual GPU! :P 

Spoiler

20180106_145139.thumb.jpg.0e08baec8d1c7ae60bfdffd009d33ef0.jpg

Il order a longer and sheilded riser soon and that will probably fix my issues with the 1080, but for now this should do me just fine, Paladins runs like absolute garbage anyway so this 1050TI might get 100% utlilisation compared to the ~30% when playing maxed out at 1440p with my 1080 xD

Anyway thats it for now, at least Fractal Design seemed to like the build on twitter :P next update when i fix it a bit more!

Builds:

Spoiler

i kinda feel like selling Northern Bee tbh, just fixing the riser and selling it off... i dont do anything to warant this amount of compuer power and i kinda want money for other things. or just make another build with the money or something idk. i really dont need the power of the 1080, or the I7 for that matter, the only thing id take from Northern Bee to put in something else would be storage and then i could just use the Toaster. the Toaster has plenty enough power tbh.

would feel wrong to not have the most powerfull computer among my friends though so i wont for now at least :P 

Builds:

Spoiler