1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, just replace the coolant in your loop with a liquid known as liquid nitrogen. Then use 1.7V and hope that the VRM doesn't explode :D

Delid this bad boy :D And if you can, get a motherboard like the AsRock Z97 OC Formula it will allow you to OC the CPU even further and it's yellow, so it fits nicely with the theme ;)

i think the Z87 Mpower is more common but il take a look at the ASRock board, i like their BIOS better :D well deliding will happen, just need to get a tool and some liquid metal, but first i want EK to answer to my last email

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

honestly 50 degrees at full load at an ambient temp of 20 (predict your water to be about 35 after a fresh boot) that is very reasonable.

I mean, if you are expecting your CPU to be 30-40 degrees with load, then I'm afraid you'll be forever dissappointed.

Water cooling is not magic afterall.

Just now, For Science! said:

honestly 50 degrees at full load at an ambient temp of 20 (predict your water to be about 35 after a fresh boot) that is very reasonable.

I mean, if you are expecting your CPU to be 30-40 degrees with load, then I'm afraid you'll be forever dissappointed.

Water cooling is not magic afterall.

was expecting high 40's not low 50's but either this EK support person dosent know shit or something is strange because they dont seem to think its OK. anyway we will see what the EK support tell me after i sent over the last batch of pictures of the jets and fins and so on. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

UPDATE

I am beyond exited right now!

So, i have talked back and forth with EKWB support and i have come to the conclusion that the TIM+IHS cant get the heat away from the CPU cores quick enough for anything lower then what im seeing to be really viable and that the waterblock is most likely just fine. I did clean it out more and that did drop temperatures by maybe 2C, but i also swapped the Corsair AF fans for what i though was Noctua Industrial fans but aparently those got stolen and replaced somewhere along my many sells and reclaims of the LAN PC so they turned out to be LianLi casefans... They are louder then the Corsair fans by a tiny bit but that could be from the fact that they are actiually pushing air through the radiator lol. They seem to vastly outpreform the ones i had on there so im fine with it, the pump drowns it all out anyway -_- Anyway, i thought id post this update mainly because i have done some overclocking and benchmarking! Currently as im wrighting this the CPU is ticking away at 5GHz 1.35V core(!!!), 4.7GHz 1.33V Cache and 2202MHz 11-13-12-36 1.65V on the memory! This managed to put out a score of over 1000 points in Cinebench, i wont tell you how much higher it went though, thats for later :P Either way i am extremely happy with this system right now, its crazy that i can get 5GHz without even 1.4V! I dont know how stabile it is yet but it hasent crashed yet after a few CB runs and some general typing away with lots of apps open so im hopeing its fine :D Now i just need an equally amazing GPU to match, maybe a Vega 56 if you can flash a Vega 64 BIOS on it and i can get a waterblock for it, or a GTX 1080. My hope is that the Swedish market will be hyped enough about Vega that they all run and buy them and sell of their GTX 1080s so i can get them for cheap lol. Also im trying my hardest to find somewhere i can get an ASRock Z97 OC Formula, its like the best looking motherboard i have seen if we are talking black and yellow, it looks AMAZING! If i cant find any il ask ASRock directly if they have any laying around that i can buy. The closest thing i found has been the Z87 model but with no indication if it has the Devils Canyon BIOS or not and that was €200 + €25 shipping from Germany :/ Cant buy anything before 27th of August anyway cuz im broke.

Thanks for reading, hope you are all enjoying this now that the fun stuff has finaly kicked off!

Builds:

Spoiler

Pfffttt, 1000cb? Suck on my 1750cb~ ;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Pfffttt, 1000cb? Suck on my 1750cb~ ;)

look there was no way id win multi core, im just mitegaiting the damage :P single core and quad core anything il win no problems B|

Builds:

Spoiler

Have you tried OCCT or RealBench? Cinebench is very gently and I wouldn't necessarily say it was a good stability tester.

45 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Have you tried OCCT or RealBench? Cinebench is very gently and I wouldn't necessarily say it was a good stability tester.

5GHz is benchmark stabile, not daily stabile for sure. OCCT insta kills to a hard shut off at the settings used for the Cinnebench run and a few hours of Paladins hard kills it too. i have for now rolled back to 4.8GHz core, 4.5GHz Cache and im running less voltage. im pretty sure this is fine for my daily use and Paladins, but i havent tested it with OCCT, which im guessing will also, insta kill it :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

look there was no way id win multi core, im just mitegaiting the damage :P single core and quad core anything il win no problems B|

Yeah I know :D 

Anyway, hopefully with the new ASEGA update, I'll be able to actually hit 3200MHz on my 2400MHz kit...which will help to reduce the difference in single and quad core. 

39 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah I know :D 

Anyway, hopefully with the new ASEGA update, I'll be able to actually hit 3200MHz on my 2400MHz kit...which will help to reduce the difference in single and quad core. 

you can probably get there, with 32-32-32-500 timings or something :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Time to get back to work, almost

Basically thought id update the thread with the shopping list of the stuff im buying as soon as i can, money arives the 27nd:

Stuff im buying:

GPU: 1080 used(no clue what one yet)

Fluid: Mayhems Pasterl Sunset Yellow 1L

LED: 5mm LED white/yellow for the soundblaster Z

GPU Block: Watercool Heatkiller IV acryl

On its way or here:

4pin fan splitter

2x 30CM white LED strip

Other than that i will be swapping the fans currently on the 240 rad to the 360 rad to pair better with the black shit fan il be using to populate the bottom slot, would mount them outside but that would require not using the dust filter which i want to keep.

The 1080 could take a while because id need to find a refrence one im pretty sure but that should be doable, could buy one new if i really have to but that would defeat the purpose a bit so i might change the block for an EK one because they have more options.

Thats about it for now, thanks for reading and follow for future updates

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

Soldering with a 30W iron can be hell

So that sub-title should give a hint to what i did today... i replaced the bright as hell red LEDs on my sound card with white ones! they are definatly not as bright but it looks a lot better to not have the room light up in red all the time xD i didnt take any pictures of doing it because i was too concentrated on other things like not burning my hands off from the PCB being 100something C because i dont have any soldering holder things :P so here is what it looks like right now:

IMG_20170819_153915.thumb.jpg.07442d6b7aacd7ee37c6b7b495ae9a4a.jpg

it basically shows off the back of the GPU pretty well, so if i can find some spare cash to get a backplate for the GPU i probably will.

thats all for now, just a quick little update that destroyed the plastic soundblaster pice i forgot to remove and took 3h to complete.

Builds:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

100something C because i dont have any soldering holder things :P

Generally solder melts at 190C~ so... :P 

48 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Soldering with a 30W iron can be hell

Try the 15W soldering iron that I accidentally bought...couldn't even melt 0.2mm solder! 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Generally solder melts at 190C~ so... :P 

yah but the PCB didnt get that hot where i was holding it

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Try the 15W soldering iron that I accidentally bought...couldn't even melt 0.2mm solder! 

thats hilarius, i generaly like my 30W but thats for soldering together wires and shit, not PCBs with ground planes that cover an entire layer lol

Builds:

Spoiler

soooo. i noticed that there were some problems with the loop, mainly the basement part. so i redid it and now the it wont load windows. il make a proper update with pictures of everything but for now i thought id say its not booting.

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

soooo. i noticed that there were some problems with the loop, mainly the basement part. so i redid it and now the it wont load windows.

The solution to your problem is: get a better board, especially if you want 4.9-5GHz :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

The solution to your problem is: get a better board, especially if you want 4.9-5GHz :P

yah money is comming in three days, will reach out to ASRock to see if they have any Z97 OC Formula boards anywhere that i could take of their hands :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

Fixing the basement and loads more...

So, its been a bit since the last update, and by next update if nothing major happens, i will have the GPU. So what have i done? well i have replumed the basement after i saw the hose going down to the pump was flat, like compleatly flat:

Spoiler

IMG_20170821_170323.thumb.jpg.9c87137416c499addc1aeb0488c6e948.jpg

I rebuilt the basement, replaced the LEDs on my sound card, installed some LEDs in the case:

Spoiler

IMG_20170823_183842.thumb.jpg.a8b6d01963b35d10bb6502b0636ec033.jpg

IMG_20170823_183829.thumb.jpg.57948b51552c57ffb3bc697224035c6b.jpg

IMG_20170823_183835.thumb.jpg.be6ed15fffb116b08bd4e88bf84868be.jpg

and ended up with a borked windows 10 install that refused to boot so i have now done a clean install.

I think it looks amazing, looks meh on the picture but as anyone who has lighting and just a phone camera to work with probably knows, it looks a lot better in person:

Spoiler

IMG_20170823_195357.thumb.jpg.3ec49bbd97cdfae9d3b339f52a0bfaa3.jpg

IMG_20170823_200001.thumb.jpg.6b38f3a93d79b09941ab8989ff521504.jpg

IMG_20170823_200027.thumb.jpg.67545c1feb1b7fd7c46ae1bfc398e076.jpg

There is now also solder on the front radiator, my pants, the floor and the chair i use as a pedastall to work on the computer because the desk is covered in other shit :P Iron does NOT like being soldered on. Had to do some screw around with the radiators but you dont notice that the top one is slightly skewed unless you look from bellow, straight at it. Also improved pump mounting so now there is a LOT less sound from that, but its still not especially quiet. Might mount the reservoir somewhere else when i rebuild for my GPU tbh beause in this possition its a bitch to both fill and drain the loop. Anyway, im pretty happy with how its turned out so far, really like the new basement because i know how the old ones looked :| and the rest of the runs i havent redone all seem fine.

Now, the question is what GPU i get, i COULD get a Vega 56 if any where actiually available here(there are a total of 0 for sale here, did Sweden not get Vega 56 or something???) or i could get a used 1080. Im up for either, they seem to perform similarly once you overclock the Vega 56 but the no flashing thing makes me pretty pissed off. basically we will see what i end up with once the money rolles in the 25th(technically tomorrow), but i think i would LIKE to end up with a 1080, none around for sale at the moment though. They all sold recently. use Vega 64 has only one listing and thats for $20 off new price lol. screw paying $580 for that.

Thats all for now, really happy with where i am at the moment and its looking like it will be a really nice looking finished build IMO. Hope you are all enjoying the build as much as i am :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

drain the loop

Talk about draining, my loop doesn't have a drain port but to be fair, I do have that rad in the back meaning at least the only thing it will be able to spill onto if it was going to is my PSU... :P 

you know that tube i fixed in the last update? its doing that again... not all the way but its on its way to flat already... i dont even know what to do about it tbh, maybe i should just do one short section of hardline? :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

i have recived and installed the 1080, well i did that yesterday, but i have been working on the Toaster so there hasent been any time over for my main PC and that time i have spend playing Paladins. update will come once the waterblock has been installed and its all working but i will run air cooled benchmarks before doing that

Builds:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

minor update:

the build is done(pictures comming in the next update, later today or tomorrow), GPU temps are crazy low but the CPU delid i seem to have compleatly borked up worse then Linus did his 6700K... got a 3C drop on a coupple of the cores, but a 2C INCREASE on one.... yah i think that either i screwed this up really bad or the LM was, as i suspected when i applied it, really old. the syringe part wasent there, and the LM was clumped up and staines everything to shit so i dont think Inet sent me a good tube and il see if i can talk something with them about this because i think that i would honestly see more of a decrease if i just put freaking MX-2 under there instead -_- evrything looks sweet and GPU temps in furmark are bellow half of what they were before the watercooling, wont spoil anything more then that

Builds:

Spoiler

Don't forget to put enough TIM on the die! :P 

On a die, its better to have wayyyyyyyy too much than having not enough. 

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Don't forget to put enough TIM on the die! :P 

On a die, its better to have wayyyyyyyy too much than having not enough. 

im pretty sure i have enough on there, looked about the same amount as everyone i could find on the web used, but i am really doubting how good the paste is, becuase that shit was not entirely fluid...

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

It looks freaking awesome!

So, been a while since the last proper update, and ages since i started the project, and its not done yet becuase im swapping the pump and redoing the LM under the IHS because Inet were kind enough to one day ship a new tube of Liquid Ultra to me! :D So its comming appart when i get the pump later this week and i can finaly have silence! Anyway here are the pretty pictures:

Spoiler

First off, unboxing the Heatkiller IV, really nice and a blast to install. Performance is pretty crazy aswell! :

IMG_20170905_155259.thumb.jpg.d3bbf18bf11c05f37420e513002101ce.jpg

IMG_20170905_232329.thumb.jpg.26b3a18e8f43691e0fdefc886fa7b037.jpg

And i didnt get a chance to grab any building pictures, but here is the final result :D 

IMG_20170915_233511.thumb.jpg.28c3794b03647ad788c068a3005746d4.jpg

IMG_20170915_233522.thumb.jpg.c24943dc252d8dd27fd02cf0ba7c480c.jpg

IMG_20170915_233452.thumb.jpg.465b35f367217762929abc2b87b1dc25.jpg

IMG_20170915_233450.thumb.jpg.82f5c8fb22d269b69be3aa447711c0f8.jpg

IMG_20170915_233313.thumb.jpg.f0dd8e0590607dec934f85bc4bfb8e2a.jpg

IMG_20170915_235650.thumb.jpg.8bc1dc6852ab127f2de1b4e6d728ab53.jpg

IMG_20170915_235631.thumb.jpg.0c90eb8100f74a39200ee558142cb5a8.jpg

IMG_20170915_235624.thumb.jpg.007af0dd68a707863da32664b8143f04.jpg

IMG_20170915_233542.thumb.jpg.3974da72de634875a8db88ade06996d7.jpg

IMO looks amazing, its not great on picture mainly becuse my OP2 hates the low light of my kitchen/under my desk/inside cases in general but its amazing in person. The Mayhems Pastel fluid looks just as good as i thought it would and although you cant see the fluid in the GPU block, the block itself is great to look at. Also note that i painted the soundcard, it was kind of a disaster but here you go, a picture of it lol:

IMG_20170915_232843.thumb.jpg.37246a165c67f3039de07b1380098046.jpg

Yah its pretty bad, but you dont see that side so its fine! xD

Im really happy to see this build comming together so nice, but the Toaster has died along the way sadly. The motherboard died for some reason so i was stranded without a computer untill i got more fluid, which i then found out wasent needed because what i had was just enough to fill the loop because the rads were basically full of fluid already lol. 

Thanks for reading and soon, soon i can have the benchmark shootout with @Mr.Meerkat! Looking forwards to the win!

Builds:

Spoiler